Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors XI

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
duke4799

Re: Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors XI

Right on, I've got a backlog of 130+ right now... so I more than understand.
Until Next Time: Happy Building!
-Joe
Joe's Gunpla

Want to Buy LM Leo or Taurus from Gundam Wing, built or unbuilt! Willing to pay big!
SNT1

duke4799 wrote:Right on, I've got a backlog of 130+ right now... so I more than understand.
duke4799 wrote:Right on, I've got a backlog of 130+ right now... so I more than understand.
duke4799 wrote:Right on,I've got a backlog of 130+ right now... so I more than understand.
Unpossible!

I guess you've probably heard people say things like "Hey why don't you send me some kits to relieve your backlog!" a few times already... so I won't

Back on topic though, even if these SEED MGs are great (and they look great), if Bandai pulls something like an Altron / Nataku MG then it gets priority, simple as that 8) 2012 is admittedly looking like the year of the SEED but I'm not losing hope on more wing MGs...
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Arvis Taljik

I'm actually most impressed with the upcoming AGE Master Grades and the fact that they're doing a fully gray inner frame (so I no longer have to carefully paint the interior of my MG shoulders gray lol :P lazy, I know). I'm going to pass on the AGE-1 Titus and Spallow, but I'll definitely be picking up the AGE-1 Normal along with the AGE-2 Normal and Double Bullet once they eventually come out.
Heecarl_Reez

First colored images of the upcoming Shiny Transformable Mobile Suit kit- HGUC Delta Gundam-4200 yen
Kratos

Seeing some pictures of the Duel MG, I'm a little iffy on the use of the Wing MG hands. Are the hands of MGs past now being phased out entirely? I thought it was just for the smaller kits...so does that mean these new SEED MG's are the same size as the wing ones? How does that make sense, if the SEED suits aren't the same 15/16 meters that the Wing ones are?
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
E08

They can just scale up the hands.
wilcosu35

duel is out. saw the pictures on hobbysearch, and it looks quite good. new tech, but still enough like strike that they could have been released close together.
Calubin_175

The shoulder mounted railgun Shiva can be handheld as well.
Dark Duel

Calubin_175 wrote:The shoulder mounted railgun Shiva can be handheld as well.
Saw that in the old lineart that was released a while back.
It's a pretty cool little feature, actually; don't really see a point, but it's still pretty neat.
Either way, MG Duel is a definite must-get for me.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Calubin_175

It appears it has the same backpack port as the MG Strike, which enables it to be equipped with striker packs and the Freedom series backpacks.

Fingers crossed for an MG 105 Dagger.
Heecarl_Reez

Yep, http://hobbynotoriko.yumenogotoshi.com/ ... sobou.html
Kratos wrote: Are the hands of MGs past now being phased out entirely?
Well, the upcoming MG AGE-1 also will use these 'Wing' type hands , so looks like we're going to stick with it for some time.
Dark Duel

Duel AS+IWSP...that is awesome beyond words.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Maelstromm

Heecarl_Reez wrote:Well, the upcoming MG AGE-1 also will use these 'Wing' type hands , so looks like we're going to stick with it for some time.
Well, the way I see it, it's sorta like a throw back to some of the old MG kits that Bandai used to make (e.g. Gouf Custom, GP series, Gundam MK II ver 1.0 to name a few). Except maybe more like the Gouf Custom in that only the fingers are interchangeable.

Honestly though, I have no problems with this, if anything you're likely to pose the hands of the kit either balled up or holding a weapon; so why not have dedicated fingers to either improve the grip or have a more realistic fist look instead of a set of fancy bendy fingers that fulfills neither role ideally?
Gahh!!! My kingdom for a signature!!!!
Any takers?
blind_dead_mcjones

Maelstromm wrote:Honestly though, I have no problems with this, if anything you're likely to pose the hands of the kit either balled up or holding a weapon; so why not have dedicated fingers to either improve the grip or have a more realistic fist look instead of a set of fancy bendy fingers that fulfills neither role ideally?
because it results in more needless extra bits and pieces that can get lost easily?

besides, considering that you can now get perfect grade style hands at 1/100 or 1/144 scale, and the fact that the plug setup for getting the weapons to stay in place worked well barring a couple of exceptions there's no real legitimate excuse to take such a backwards step
Flag Fighter for life!
Maelstromm

Yes, I suppose that more parts do mean a higher chance of losing bits, but can the same not be said for having more accessories for any kit? Simply keeping the parts in the original box could solve this problem.

I do admit that having more parts is somewhat of a backwards step, but if it means that I can have more dedicated hands for various poses, I'm all for it. Besides, having a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none hand doesn't seem like such a good deal as having hands for anything from a fist to splayed fingers for a pose.
Any takers?
duke4799

If they are going to mold sets of fingers that you have to swap out, I would rather them give me multiple sets of hands! Either give me a decent set of movable hands or I want a set of full fists, a trigger finger hand for each hand held weapon on either side of the body, a beam saber holding hand for either side, and two open hands. I want the whole sha-bang if they are going to give me multiple spare parts.
Until Next Time: Happy Building!
-Joe
Joe's Gunpla

Want to Buy LM Leo or Taurus from Gundam Wing, built or unbuilt! Willing to pay big!
Maelstromm

I believe that the 1/144 HGs do have multiple hands, just not all of them. As far as I know, I don't think they ever came with balled fists but they do have trigger hands that double as fists and beam saber hands too. As for the 1/100 kits, too many parts to justify the cost, besides, that's where the B-Club hand GKs (both 1/144 and 1/100) come into play.
Any takers?
Jak Crow

I have to say, the MG AGE-1 does not impress me in any way. Boring boring.
Heecarl_Reez

http://blog.yahoo.com/cybergundam/articles/624439/index

New kits:

May MG 1/100 Marasai 4,000Yen
June MG 1/100 Blitz Gundam 4,000Yen

May HGUC 1/144 Anksha 2,600Yen

June HG 1/144 M1 Astray 1,400Yen

RG 1/144 Gundam MK-II (AEUG /Titans) 2,500Yen

Also if you're Tiger And Bunny fans there will be MGF kits for those two http://blog.yahoo.com/cybergundam/articles/624445/index
Calubin_175

Not expecting the MG Gafran for May then.