Aquarion Evol

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
nacho-wan

Re: Aquarion Evol! New Aquarion Series!

Altair is quite a lonely place.
Does anybody else got Gen Fudou vibes from the socks sequence? This series has been very busy laughting at itself. However, I believe that maybe the book would turn useful later on when they read some more pages further? At least the Aquarion book thingy would become important farther in the series -it even has a spot in the ending!
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Destiny_Gundam

Heh, yeah, it does poke fun at the "this clearly has a deep meaning!" "No, it's just something mundane" aspect.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
DuelGundam2099

So no one is gonna call it? No one? Not one person had this thought? Really? Alright, it's up to me:

The shot in the opening where EVOL and Gnisis are fighting with flowers blooming? It's Jamil vs. Lancerow in Jamil's flashbacks from Gundam X. There, I said it.
Gatx

9 was a pretty good episode, watching the relationship between Andy and Mix play out was really fun.

Also just started to really take notice of the playing card symbolism.

Ace of Hearts for Aquarion Evol (Love) and Mikono
Ace of Spades for Spada
Queen of Diamonds for Mix
Jack of Clubs for Amata
Open hand for the fan service strategy

Maybe it's obvious for everyone but hey, no harm in pointing it out right.
Destiny_Gundam

Again Zen proves the sort of teacher he is. He arranges for elements to be in certain situations and then lets the elements learn by themselves. He didn't tell Andy, Mix, or Mikono anything. He just made it so that the three of them sortied together. A lot better than Gen's method of going "Here's this lesson explained with ambiguous imagry! Learn it! Learn it now!"

Zen's trollface at the end of the episode was hilarious.
DuelGundam2099

That and Shush attacking Amata was pure gold. 8) Like seriously, how could you not love the little guy?
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

DuelGundam2099 wrote:That and Shush attacking Amata was pure gold. 8) Like seriously, how could you not love the little guy?
For me, the fact that the wretched furball seems to exist for absolutely no reason other than to cockblock Amata and Mikono.

I wonder what hair-cat flambe tastes like....... :twisted:
DuelGundam2099

My new avatar begs to differ. 8)

Also the following pictures are relevant, spoilery, and perverted:
Spoiler
http://archivethumb2.foolz.us/board/m/i ... 819666.jpg
Brilliant, no idea why it isn't working.
http://archivethumb2.foolz.us/board/m/i ... 056599.jpg
Technically Andy's a guy so that really has no- Okay I'm thinking too DEEP into that.
http://archivethumb2.foolz.us/board/m/i ... 754997.jpg
I'm still thinking too deeply here, but I kind of get it.
http://archivethumb.foolz.us/board/m/im ... 122835.jpg
Do I really need to say anything.
http://archivethumb2.foolz.us/board/m/i ... 620596.jpg
So Andy's a breast guy, you'd think with his love for- Moving on!
nacho-wan

BIG BANG GATTAI. This episode has been the most hilarious thing I have seen this week, hech this year! Andy has to be Kamina's distant cousin or something on one side and in the other he is relate to Patrick the coachrock Corsawar.
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Strike Zero

Right now, the idea of Amata/Mikono pisses me off. Mostly I think because it's just too obvious and boring. At this point, I'm currently in the corner for Amata/Zessica whilst hoping that Kagura manages to make off with his Smelly Wench.

Anyway, the most recent ep. was great as usual. MIX finally got to gattai! BUT ANDY GOT COCK-BLOCKED ONCE AGAIN, AND IN HIS OWN EPISODE NO LESS! :lol: But then, he didn't really, because he was there in spirit? I dunno, I was confused. :P
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
nacho-wan

Strike Zero wrote:Right now, the idea of Amata/Mikono pisses me off. Mostly I think because it's just too obvious and boring. At this point, I'm currently in the corner for Amata/Zessica whilst hoping that Kagura manages to make off with his Smelly Wench.
I doubt Zessica would stand to the side and let it happen. Mikono herself is not sold on the idea either -bu then she is very naive. As usual in a kawamori triangle, this would play a major point afterwards.

Which hasn't being much of a plot point at this point is the reincarnation issue. Aside from Zen/Gen, which was kind of obvious, and Amata-Kagura/Apollo which is only a probability, the story hasn't touched the idea at all.
-Henry I. Miller
Strike Zero

I get the feeling that who was reincarnated as who isn't going to be fully revealed until the endgame (which is pretty much how it went in the first series). In the meantime, I have heard it speculated that
Spoiler
Amata is actually the reincarnation of the original Aquarion that got absorbed into the Tree of Life. This to me makes some amount of sense given that Amata has been shown to possess the Solar Wing, and that Touma revealed in the last episode that the Solar Wing wasn't any one person per se, but rather Aquarion itself.

Besides that, Kagura being Apollo and Mikono being Silvie seem to me like the safest bets. Other than that, it's totally up in the air.
nacho-wan

Strike Zero wrote:I get the feeling that who was reincarnated as who isn't going to be fully revealed until the endgame (which is pretty much how it went in the first series). In the meantime, I have heard it speculated that
Spoiler
Amata is actually the reincarnation of the original Aquarion that got absorbed into the Tree of Life. This to me makes some amount of sense given that Amata has been shown to possess the Solar Wing, and that Touma revealed in the last episode that the Solar Wing wasn't any one person per se, but rather Aquarion itself.

Besides that, Kagura being Apollo and Mikono being Silvie seem to me like the safest bets. Other than that, it's totally up in the air.
Spoiler
I might agree on the second part, but I can't on the first. I don't remember quite well the original series, but I wouldn't forget if the series mentioned that Aquarion had a soul by itself. That it too uncommon on mecha anime and few mechas played with the idea (Reideen and Eva come to mind) and it was sort of a plot point in those. I would keep believing that Amata and Kagura inherited different parts of Apollo soul.
-Henry I. Miller
Destiny_Gundam

I couldn't remember if Solar Wing being Aquarion was from the TV series or the OVA.

I'm pulling for Amata/Mikono. Though I'd like to see some one go "Screw our past lives, it's our current lives that matter!" I hate reincarnation forcing couples together.
xGESTALTx

I'm also pullin for Amata and Mikono just cause I'm tired of the nice guys getting screwed out of the triangle for the jerky one (I'm Lookin at you Sheryl Nome [no matter how much i agree with the choice]) Also I'm hopin that Amata and Kagura are each half of Apollo kinda like Sylvie and Sirius were each half of Celiane.

on complete side note kinda hope Sazanka get's to be significant other than hawking stalker photos at the ends of the episode xD
Garret Masterson

Spoiler
I'm betting that amata/mikono is the apollo/sylvie of the first tv series while kagura is the apollo of the ova version (since the ova and the series are parallel dimensions of each other) especially since they have confirmed in evol that the dimension where kagura is is dying (no girls at all??? FATE WORSE THAN DEATH!) which probably was:

1. an after effect of what happened in the ova when they did the genesis punch in the end.
or
2. the genesis punch did not permanently halt the end of their world and was just a temporary solution.

the problem is the apollo in the first tv series was more feral than the one in the ova so it's much more realistic that the Kagura of Evol is the apollo of the first tv series.
xGESTALTx

I figured the ova was just an alternate retelling kinda like the macross movies?
DuelGundam2099

Yes they are and they are even better than the series! They're so good that they are the only thing stopping me from calling Gear Fighter Dendoh the best anime ever. 8) And no I'm not joking.

Anyway, I think I have come up with 10 basic rules on how to enjoy Aquarion and EVOL:

1. Develop a taste in classy music! Like seriously, you need a taste in orchestral and opera stuff to like this soundtrack.

2. You can't be anti-CGI. Believe it or not there are many anime with way worse CGI out there, by technically standards Aquarion is well done. You need to learn to accept technological innovations going forward.

3. There is no normal. Seriously, stop expecting it. If anything it is standard for everyone having a super power and it helps define them. The cast works as a collective rather than individuals and that is what makes them work.

4. The combination from Aquarion gives off the sensation of orgasm, not an actual one. Huge difference.

5. Them effects, they look pretty.

6. Everyone who isn't DuelGundam2099 likes Zessica. Seriously. :?

7. Aquarion rarely to never uses the same attack twice. Maybe variations, but not exactly the same.

8. MUGEN PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNCH!

9. Finally, if it qualifies as cute or cuddly it is a cat, even if it looks like an embryo crossbreed version of Tails and a pokemon.

10. There is no number 10, you just gotta yell "MERGE 1! MERGE 2! GO! AQUARIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!"
Strike Zero

DuelGundam2099 wrote:Yes they are and they are even better than the series!
You will find that to be a highly contentious point as far as I'm concerned. :P I mean, they were okay, but I didn't think they were as good as the TV series.