Ep. 095 - The Straightest of Talks

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Ep. 095 - The Straightest of Talks

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Ep. 095 - "The Straightest of Talks"
- Download Now!: 64 kbps - 158 min., 28 sec. (2:38:28) - 72.6 MB

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "Neo's News & A Special Straight Talk!"
Runtime: 0:00:00 - 0:48:09

02. Be a Part of the "Gundamn! @ MAHQ Episode 100 Listener Participation Project"!
Runtime: 0:48:09 - 0:49:25 (Duration: 0:01:16)

03. SSAA Podcast: The Ass-Backwards Anime Podcast (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:49:25 - 0:50:15 (Duration: 0:00:50)

04. 1st Segment: "Mobile Suit Gundam AGE - Generation One - Episodes 9 - 15 Review" (Discussion)
Runtime: 0:50:15 - 2:03:50 (Duration: 1:13:35)

05. Be a Part of "Gundam: Rise From the Ashes"! (Special Manga Project by Eric Keith & Mike Fonteccio)
Runtime: 2:03:50 - 2:06:21 (Duration: 0:02:31)

06. Anime Addicts Anonymous (Podcast)
Runtime: 2:06:21 - 2:07:00 (Duration: 0:00:39)

07. 2nd Segment: Anime Spotlight: "Viper's Creed" (TV Series, 2009 - Available for free on Crackle & Hulu!)
Runtime: 2:07:00 - 2:29:38 (Duration: 0:22:38)

08. Method to Madness (Podcast)
Runtime: 2:29:38 - 2:30:22 (Duration: 0:00:44)

09. Second Opinion Games (Podcast)
Runtime: 2:30:22 - 2:31:22 (Duration: 0:01:00)

10. Outro: "Closing/Peep the Websites!/Soul Bro's Shoutouts!"
Runtime: 2:31:22 - 2:38:28 (Duration: 0:07:06)

Troubles in podcast land as we have a intense Straight Talk about the recent rumblings at Mevio and what it means for all MAHQ podcasts! We then return to our regularly scheduled program, reviewing the final episodes of Gundam AGE Generation One & the motorcycle mecha anime, Viper's Creed!

Listen up, gang! We need your help! In our upcoming 100th episode, we would like to feature our listeners in two special segments! The first will be about "Your Favorite Gundamn Moment" and the other will be about "$h!t Gundamn Listeners Say"! Click the link below for more information on how to submit to the project:

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Episode 100 Listener Participation Project

ATTENTION iTunes users: Due to our recent move from Mevio to Libsyn, we're still awaiting the RSS Feed for iTunes to be updated for Gundamn! @ MAHQ. We'll keep you posted as to when that occurs, but a quick fix for the moment is to add this RSS feed to your iTunes: http://feeds.feedburner.com/Gundamn - which has already been updated to the new service. Sorry for the inconvenience and our iTunes listing will return to normal shortly.

Want to ask us a question that could be played during a future episode? Call the MAHQ Google Voice Line @ 305-792-8324 and leave a question (or message) that's no longer than 4 minutes. Make sure that at the beginning you leave your NAME specify that your message is for "GUNDAMN! @ MAHQ" also! We're looking forward to hearing from the Gundamnation and answering your voicemails!

Peep these Links also!:
- Chaos Theater: Ep. 020 - Star Trek: The Next Generation (Mechatalk Thread)
- Chaos Theater: Ep. 021 - Magic: The Gathering (Mechatalk Thread)
- Laplace's Box: Ep. 006 - Figure Customization (Mechatalk Thread)

Want to have your Gundamn-centric works featured in the next episode? Then, send in your creative entries for the next "Gundamnation Spotlight" to [email protected]!

Many thanks for listening & Happy New Year!
Soul Bro Ryu
[email protected]

Peep the Websites!:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Gundamn! @ MechaTalk Forum - Previous Episodes - Chaos Theater - Chaos Theater @ Mechatalk Forum - Laplace's Box - Level Nine - @MAHQDotNet - @GundamnAtMAHQ - Digg - Facebook group - Spill - iTunes - Main RSS Feed - Shinjuku Station Fight Tube! - Shinjuku Station At The Movies - AAA Podcast Network

Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://feeds.feedburner.com/Gundamn

[email protected]
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
Mu La Flaga

Re: Ep. 095 - The Straightest of Talks

Well Chris got ahead of himself in the news segment there.
Even though, yeah Madman obviously sorted something out with Sunrise licensing wise.
And we have plenty of nice things, even though we are like 2 episodes behind.
So unfortunately we have nice things, I'm sure this makes you burn with the anger of 1000 suns and a screw you to all of Australia.

Neo, what was with the Chaos Theater hate your a little behind aren't you? :P

Also Mevio announcer, was that Emperor Palpatine?
Yeah but Mevio, be good if they did go under.

Soul Bro, that should change to rivalry from enemy if we had a few fighting games to go at it.

You guys seemed to be loeaded on hate for the news and then straight talk express pulls in to the station.

Gundam AGE, I can't offer comments on.
As for Viper's Creed I am interested in it, as I said on facebook Gundam@MAHQ group.
yazi88

No mailbag this episode? Oh well, still quite surprised at you guys went for Vipers Creed, which I found quite enjoyable.
Mr Bushido

Is this ep on itunes? I keep refreshing and it isn't showing up.
501st Legion - Northern California Golden Gate Garrison
TK-3942 aka TK-EXIA
So the Geara Zulu has an Stg-44 and the Jesta has a Scar-H w/ holographic scope.
Soul Bro Ryu

Mr Bushido wrote:Is this ep on itunes? I keep refreshing and it isn't showing up.
Not at the moment, due to our most recent transfer of service from Mevio to Libsyn. We're awaiting our RSS Feed on our iTunes listing to be updated to our new podcast provider, but a quick fix is to add this RSS Feed to your iTunes if you'd like to download the latest episode through it: http://feeds.feedburner.com/Gundamn

Hope this helps and we'll keep you guys posted on when the iTunes listing is finally updated.
Soul Bro Ryu
Mr Bushido

Awesome Soul Bro, thanks!
501st Legion - Northern California Golden Gate Garrison
TK-3942 aka TK-EXIA
So the Geara Zulu has an Stg-44 and the Jesta has a Scar-H w/ holographic scope.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Mu La Flaga wrote:
i'm not in a 3'x6' room for 23 hours a day.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Mu La Flaga

hawk of endymion wrote:
Mu La Flaga wrote:
i'm not in a 3'x6' room for 23 hours a day.
My living accomodations are much more comfy then a prison cell :P

I thought you would have found some new countries to insult by now.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Mu La Flaga wrote: I thought you would have found some new countries to insult by now.
How is a fact an insult?

You continuously insult Sir Bay, even after all the things he has done for the world.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

Vent Noir

Oh, god, the pink mecha... if it's supposed to be so girls will buy the model kits, I'm reminded of a story I heard about a car company in the 50s or 60s who decided that, since women were the ones who usually picked out what cars to buy, they'd make their new model of car pink. That model of car ended up completely bombing (I wish I could remember the manufacturer).

I'd personally think that women who were into gunpla wouldn't see themselves as especially girly, anyway.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Mu La Flaga

hawk of endymion wrote:
Mu La Flaga wrote: I thought you would have found some new countries to insult by now.
How is a fact an insult?

You continuously insult Sir Bay, even after all the things he has done for the world.
I have relented on my insults of Sir Bay.

I thought your next target would be like England or New Zealand?

Or is that because we have nice things or we we have a nice exchange against your US $? :P

Besides my insult of sir bay was pretty light, those old time newscasters get around.
jcncasval76

This Mevio BS needs to be "What?"ed in between each break from Chris's reading in that letter. If Soul Bro is willing to do so, please use the "What?" chant from this clip below and integrate into it, and then post it as a special:

http://youtu.be/lRbSanrzwPE

just a thought.
Please don't make me quoting certain wrestlers' catchphrases (What?!) or you don't want to find out how nasty it gets (What?!). Tell me you didn't just say that (What?!)
Soul Bro Ryu

jcncasval76 wrote:This Mevio BS needs to be "What?"ed in between each break from Chris's reading in that letter. If Soul Bro is willing to do so, please use the "What?" chant from this clip below and integrate into it, and then post it as a special:

just a thought.
Nope.

I love Stone Cold like then next wrestling fan, but as funny as that might be, going back to re-edit something just isn't in the cards right now, especially with all the work involved in the transfer of our podcast service. It's something to consider for a future ep though.
Soul Bro Ryu
jcncasval76

Soul Bro Ryu wrote:
jcncasval76 wrote:This Mevio BS needs to be "What?"ed in between each break from Chris's reading in that letter. If Soul Bro is willing to do so, please use the "What?" chant from this clip below and integrate into it, and then post it as a special:

just a thought.
Nope.

I love Stone Cold like then next wrestling fan, but as funny as that might be, going back to re-edit something just isn't in the cards right now, especially with all the work involved in the transfer of our podcast service. It's something to consider for a future ep though.
good enough.
Please don't make me quoting certain wrestlers' catchphrases (What?!) or you don't want to find out how nasty it gets (What?!). Tell me you didn't just say that (What?!)
yazi88

Technically wasn't the Gaza C the first pink real robot? It was mass produced too for goodness sake. No wonder Haman discontinued/upgraded those units into Gaza Ds with a BETTER paintjob when she name changed Axis to Neo Zeon. That and also the somewhat pathetic performance of those units during the Gryps conflict too.
Mu La Flaga

yazi88 wrote:Technically wasn't the Gaza C the first pink real robot? It was mass produced too for goodness sake. No wonder Haman discontinued/upgraded those units into Gaza Ds with a BETTER paintjob when she name changed Axis to Neo Zeon. That and also the somewhat pathetic performance of those units during the Gryps conflict too.
You know I think your right, unless there is something from 0079 we forgot somehow.
jabman025

Epic straight talk Chris, my model version was smoking after that one.

As for Gundam AGE, the final arc of generation saved it for me. The series start out well but the 2nd arc was just dull as dishwater. The Diva to White Base transformation was a tad corny but awesome none the less. That and the Desel vs. Flit battle was great, using Yurin as a weapon and the beat down Flit gave him afterword was epic. I only wish Desel would have got put down for good. But I guess we need a big bad for the future generations of AGE.

I will say that Wolf is becoming one of my favorite characters and that I am very worried that he is marked for death in generation 2.

Oh and one more thing, Soul Bro was busy with the curse word sound effects. That newtype sound got used and abused in this episode.

DEFEND
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025
hawk of endymion

jabman025 wrote:
DEFEND
ATTACK.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

Varnis

Normally...I wouldn't give a crap about beating on some company's image just because someone told me to....unless they did something bad to me...but since Mevio could've potentially damaged Gundamn...or the other podcasts that i happen to listen to...I may as hell jump on the bandwagon for the heck of it...**** you Mevio, **** you :P

and while I'm here i might as well input that I'm also one of your 'happy aussie criminals' that just happens to listen to this Podcast, not much of a news poster...but i guess I'll just be here ready to join in on the ripping of certain BS topics
What more can i say? That's the way things are!
Mu La Flaga

Varnis wrote:Normally...I wouldn't give a crap about beating on some company's image just because someone told me to....unless they did something bad to me...but since Mevio could've potentially damaged Gundamn...or the other podcasts that i happen to listen to...I may as hell jump on the bandwagon for the heck of it...**** you Mevio, **** you :P

and while I'm here i might as well input that I'm also one of your 'happy aussie criminals' that just happens to listen to this Podcast, not much of a news poster...but i guess I'll just be here ready to join in on the ripping of certain BS topics
As one of the few Australian criminals here I would like to say wlecome to mechatalk mate :P
Hope you post around more.