The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Overlord Zaru

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread Mk III

teslashark wrote:http://jan.2chan.net/zip/2/src/1329049919803.jpg
Do stare... Ey.
What was this? It 404'ed.
ShadowCell wrote: Zanald is so disappointed in you he's going to smash a desk for every time you people disappoint him. there will be no desks for the little schoolchildren of Vagan because Zanald will have smashed them all. i hope you people are happy.
ShadowCell

it was that picture of Romary in a bikini that Asem and friends had tacked up on the wall.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Ona different subject, why didn't the Vegan just try to blow Tordia to smithereens?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
teslashark

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:Ona different subject, why didn't the Vegan just try to blow Tordia to smithereens?
Maybe they don't want too much focus, or they're going to occupy it.
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
SonicSP

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:Ona different subject, why didn't the Vegan just try to blow Tordia to smithereens?
Maybe they'd basically thought that their spy network there has been compromised, and decided to just take over the whole thing.

Of course if they just wanted the Gundam, then Zehart should have just taken it from Asem when he had him at his mercy in the last episode so I don't know. They weren't really Gundam centric in the last episode so perhaps they've changed priorities during the timeskip.
2NA Fish

SonicSP wrote:I'm frankly not happy with her quick sudden giving up after Madorna's wife advice other but I'm more upset about the issue back then than I am now; not sure why the topic is being heavily discussed after last episode. Although I do think Emily was quite bland after she "gave up" so to speak. She was much runner to watch when she was trying to get Flit home.
Apologies for being late. I think what sparked the Emily discussion is how the writers seemingly forgot she was present at Asem's graduation. The Emily I liked was the one who just sauntered into restricted military areas, confronted big suspicious bearded men and pushed her way onto a battleship like she was a total badass. The Emily at Asem's graduation seemed content to sit in the shadows and watch her son get manhandled.

I liked the interaction between Asem and Tieri... Zeheart in this episode, but there were a lot of plot elements which were really not very well thought out, even for a kids' show.

Also G-Bouncer's debut... sigh....
Vent Noir

Dwin wrote:
HellCat wrote:
Dwin wrote:
There's nothing wrong with a show giving the message that a woman should support her husband/spouse. We already know Flit and Emily disagree about giving the Gundam to Asem, nothing was ''beaten'' out of her. They disagreed, but at the same time she really can't force Flit to not give him the Gundam. I think what was displayed in the show was enough to distinguish that they have their own opinions on things.

And sheesh, you people act like there are plenty of ''powerful'', ''kick-ass'', or what have you women in Gundam. There are plenty along with supportive characters.
Later, she 'learns' that a woman's place is apparently to go along with what her man wants rather then fighting against it. That is a terrible lesson.

A supportive partner is a good thing but not at the expense of seemingly being an accessory. We've clearly been shown that post time skip Flit is following a path he believes is right. Emily doesn't seem to have any concerns beyond playing the good little housewife.
One, the lesson was to support your spouse even if you don't agree with them because you can't control what you do but because you care for them. The show didn't imply anything about not just mindlessly following them. Second, there isn't anything wrong with being a "good little housewife" if it means raising your kids to be a great person like Asem. And what concerns should be more important than raising her kids. She's not in the military or anything, she's just a civilian.
Having a woman be "suppourtive" is not a bad thing in and of itself. The problem is when it's portrayed (explicitly or implicitly) as the ONLY appropriate thing for a woman to be.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Compass

In regards to having Emily not doing anything, it was probably better that way for the flow of the episode. Imagine her protesting and saying what is generic security man doing treating the son of legendary Flit Asuno like that? Sure, it would probably have been nicer for that, but that's not teaching family values and standing up for your friends moreso than having the series' best mobile suit designer buy your way out of situations :/

I'd also like to point out that, (ugh I can't remember her name) the new captain of the Diva will hopefully be like Murrue in terms of having an impact on how Asem acts.

Has anyone else found the OP and ED songs are much better once you let them grow? I know people griped about them the first time they came out, but I've set them on loop and now they're really fun to listen to, though I feel like the two songs could probably have fared better switching places, with the ED being the OP and vice versa.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Arbiter GUNDAM

Nope. I can honestly after these last few weeks that I still think that the second OP utterly sucks. That's just me though.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
DuelGundam2099

That's just me though.
It's not just you, I find it as my least favorite gundam opening theme; actually Asemu's entire arc irritates me to no end, haven't found anything likeable about it so far (as a few of you commented about one of my thoughts earlier). As cliched as Flit's arc was it was still enjoyable to watch, this is......... Psh, I'll have a better consensus once AGE-2 arrives (really hoping the series will get good again at that point). I'll give this arc three more episodes counting the day after tomorrow's ep; if my thoughts are still negative by then I'm dropping the series until whatshisname and the third arc take over.

Edit: And I just found out that Romary is voiced by the same person that does Zessica in Aquarion Evol. If one voice actor can work on two such dislike-able humans, I have really bad feeling in my gut about how mini-Dique's going to affect the series enjoyability for me. *straps self in and puts on helmet*
SonicSP

Compass wrote:Has anyone else found the OP and ED songs are much better once you let them grow? I know people griped about them the first time they came out, but I've set them on loop and now they're really fun to listen to, though I feel like the two songs could probably have fared better switching places, with the ED being the OP and vice versa.
I've been madly in love with the ED for awhile and personally I think its the right place. The OP really had that upbeat opening thing to it though, which is why I feel like it fits there.

While I don''t adore it nearly as much as the ED, I liked the OP from episode 16 and I've been liking it ever since. Way better than Flit's OP in my opinion, which I just skip over almost evertime I watch an episode whereas I've been going through this OP for Asem's episodes so far.
nacho-wan

I dislike the opening more everytime I heard it. The ending is ok, although it reminds me of Full Metal Alchemist. I don't know why.

Is there still hope that Jam Project would do the last OP? That would be epic. They had never done anything for Gundam.
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
HellCat

JAM Project were on the 'Gundam Tribute by Lantis' album. As for them doing an OP...I really don't see the need. When everyone else was cheering that fake rumour, I was dissapointed. They can do some epic songs but they also all sound near identical. The current OP may not be my most favourite ever (though a big part of that is I think the visuals could be tighter) but I'd rather have that then "WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH!!"
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Amadi Akintunde

The second OP's grown on me, personally. I like the feel of it.
SonicSP

nacho-wan wrote:I dislike the opening more everytime I heard it. The ending is ok, although it reminds me of Full Metal Alchemist. I don't know why.
It does with me as well. I think it might be because FMA Brotherhood had an ED animation that involves going through a long tunnel.
Destiny_Gundam

nacho-wan wrote:I dislike the opening more everytime I heard it. The ending is ok, although it reminds me of Full Metal Alchemist. I don't know why.
This would be why.

So...
Spoiler
The AGE-2 is a completely new unit, not an evolution of the AGE-1. The AGE-1 itself is sent to the Big Ring so we could see an AGE-1/2 team up later on.

Arisa is indeed Dique's daughter and she's quite friendly with Asemu.

Romary is a Diva bridge bunny now.

Zeheart is made the commander of the Vegan forces, though the troops aren't too happy about that.

Diva gets attacked, the rookies have the expected problems in their first battle, and Asemu gets in trouble with Millias because he didn't listen to orders. He gets off with just a warning, though.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
DuelGundam2099

After three episodes of drag the show gets watchable again! Yay! Also Arisa isn't that annoying yet (keywords being "that" and "yet"). Next episode has Desil's grand return for epic payback. 8)
Destiny_Gundam

What makes you think she would become annoying?
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Amion

This episode was good, in my mind.
Spoiler
The whole episode gave me a Zeta Gundam feeling. But despite that, Romary is indeed a bridge bunny. Why? Poor girl is going to end up as Fraw MK. II. Maybe she will pull a Fa and end up piloting so she can see masked Zeheart.

The best part of this episode was seening Wulf again. I wonder if he will have any run-ins with Millais, considering they did have something going between them in the past.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
DuelGundam2099

To answer DG, she's voiced by the same person that voices my second least favorite anime character after that one piece of diabetic inducing pedo-trash who's name I will not mention here.