The Official Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk IV

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
domino

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk IV

But the animation only shows one pilot being vaporized in the cockpit of the Jegan .... so was it the Zaku pilot or the EF pilot?

EDIT: My mistake. I see that it's actually that they were deployed in the attack against Palau and not against the Kshtriya. Very interesting.
Dark Duel

That blurb is actually referring to the Proto Stark Jegan, which is - you are correct - the one deployed at Palau in Episode 3, and is essentially a cleaned-up version of the original CCA-MSV Stark Jegan lineart. That one they made a two-seater.
The Stark Jegan from Ep1 is a totally different animal, and is basically a vanilla Jegan wearing external armor bits and a bigger backpack. And that one's a single-seater.

It is interesting, but it's also confusing as all heck. At least IMO.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
HighestMetal

the future of gundam unicorn in america

Hey does anyone know what is going to happen to gundam unicorn in north america now that bandi pulled out :?:
"If your not into podcasting to piss people off, then your not in it for the right reason" - Chris
ShadowCell

threads merged.

i am like 86.215% sure nothing will change, because it was Bandai Entertainment that has ceased new licensing and distribution, and Unicorn's distribution was handled by Bandai Visual, which is a different subisidary
zetatype

Re: the future of gundam unicorn in america

HighestMetal wrote:Hey does anyone know what is going to happen to gundam unicorn in north america now that bandi pulled out :?:
Like shadow said, the Blu Ray releases shouldn't be affected since its handled by Bandai Visual and not Bandai Entertainment and hopefully the same thing applies to the online rentals for Xbox live and PSN.

However, the DVD releases of Unicorn will most likely be discontinued (meaning no episode 5-6) since I'm pretty sure they were handled by Bandai Entertainment.
Rawinder

zerogradius wrote:
J-Lead wrote:Also, the Shamblo is a leftover from Haman's Neo Zeon that was constructed in secret by teh Garvey Corporation. It's existence isn't entirely silly.
I was wondring why Full Frontal mentioned Haman. Makes me wonder why Char never tried to acquire the thing himself.
Char's war was in space, so a marine-use mobile armor wouldn't be of much use.
J-Lead

"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

It just occurred to me; considering Banagher's attitude and actions in Ep. 4, what would he need the Full Armor Unicorn for?
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Andrew_Graruru

I'm wondering if he just won't pilot the FA in the anime. They only have two more episodes left, and it didn't be pretty difficult to use pacifistically.
Check out my (awful) podcast. Anime Graruru.
Kratos

Well, nobody who has read the novels has made any noise about Banagher being depicted out-of-character, so we have to assume he's just as pacifistic in the novels. Anybody know how he goes about getting it in those?
Andrew_Graruru wrote:They only have two more episodes left
Plus maybe a movie. I recall that possibility being brought up some time ago.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
Chris
Administrator

Kratos wrote:Plus maybe a movie. I recall that possibility being brought up some time ago.
An unfounded rumor that has never been substantiated. If there was going to be a movie, they would've announced it by now, and they wouldn't be cutting out as much stuff from the novels.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Andrew_Graruru

Kratos wrote:Well, nobody who has read the novels has made any noise about Banagher being depicted out-of-character, so we have to assume he's just as pacifistic in the novels. Anybody know how he goes about getting it in those?
As I understand it Banagher
Spoiler
killed Mahdi Garvey
in the novels. His remaining pacifistic seems to be something they've added to the anime.
Check out my (awful) podcast. Anime Graruru.
yazi88

Maybe the last OVA might be a hour and half long, or maybe even 2 hours?
flamingtroll

Kratos wrote:Well, nobody who has read the novels has made any noise about Banagher being depicted out-of-character, so we have to assume he's just as pacifistic in the novels. Anybody know how he goes about getting it in those?
I think making Banagher a naive and impotent pacificist is actually an improvement. The novel IMO has gradually made Banagher too well rounded and Riddhe too much of a douchebag. So I actually like the fact that it's Riddhe who "did the right thing" in that circumstance and destroyed Shambloo, although the build up is kinda lacking and Riddhe is still quite a douche. In the novel Riddhe didn't do much other then being Unicorn's SFS and directing Banagher what to do. I think the OVA version fits the unicorn vs lion motif better. The unicorn is considered to be a symbol of innocence, pure love, a fierce mythical beast that can only be tamed by a maiden whose existense is only sustained by the belief in it; where as the lion in this case probably symbolizes its opposite: the passions and desires of man and with that its failings as well as the strength to reign over them. I think one of the catch phrases for Banshee's is that it's a devourer of possibilities, which basically means it's the reality that slaps idealism in the face.
balofo

おがPがep5のPVの仕込みをしてました。遠からずPVが公開されるかと思います。そういえばep4の最初のPVにはメカカットがなかったですね。あれが壮大な前フリだったのか、遅れてただけなのかは秘密です。今回はとりあえず入ってます。(制作ナカジェロ)
PV delayed?
DuelGundam2099

I would love to read where that information came from if it is true.
sweet-d

yes! good to finally see a pv for the next ep
Francheska is a horrible colony.
balofo

PV will be up 03/22 on PS Store from 3:00 pm Japan Time.
schwarz ritter

I just found an image of Marida in a Vist Foundation pilot suit. She's gonna die, isn't she?
If she does, I'm permanently off this effing series. I'm serious: I've had enough with good characters like Daguza and Gilboa being killed off for the sake of cheap melodrama, and if they kill Lady Marida, I'll boycott Sunrise somehow.

Seriously >:o
Reinhard: "Of course, grades in school aren't a good indicator. They focus too much on memorization and imitation, and don't foster imagination."
Kircheis: "What you find important are imaginative and conceptual capabilities, right?"
Reinhard: "That's right."