MG Duel redesign now has smoke discharges!

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
balofo

MG Duel redesign now has smoke discharges!

http://schizophonic9.com/re3/mg_duel041.jpg

http://schizophonic9.com/re3/mg_duel.html

And now the bazooka is called Linear Cannon instead of 350 mm Rail Bazooka as per Regen Duel manual.
AmuroNT1

Re: MG Duel redesign now has smoke discharges!

They've done things like this before. The EMSiA Duel comes with a short rifle and beam sniper, both of which are basically shrunken/elongated versions of the standard Duel beam rifle.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
ShadowCell

so now Yzak can literally blow smoke!
Wingnut

The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Dark Duel

Ambivalent about most of those, but the Duel Assault Shroud with the IWSP looks ridiculously awesome.
Kind of makes me wonder what those wings (not the entire IWSP backpack, just its wings) would look like on Blu Duel.
Last edited by Dark Duel on Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
DuelGundam2099

Well it was more or less Strike Gundam's predecessor (what being multi-purpose and most likely the first to be developed and all), so that really isn't surprising. That and those are really cool pictures. 8)
saneman

DuelGundam2099 wrote:Well it was more or less Strike Gundam's predecessor (what being multi-purpose and most likely the first to be developed and all), so that really isn't surprising. That and those are really cool pictures. 8)
was there ever an adequate reason why the Duel could not be upgraded to Strike-Level performance? In retrospect, I'm not quite sure why EA decided to build Strike at all.
You know, doing what is right is easy. The problem is knowing what is right.
~ Lyndon B. Johnson
DuelGundam2099

was there ever an adequate reason why the Duel could not be upgraded to Strike-Level performance?
Either Kira was too good or Yzak was lackluster. That and the Assault Shroud was an attempt to solve that problem (it survived a direct shot from Forbidden Gundam, didn't it? Must have done something right!).
saneman

DuelGundam2099 wrote:
was there ever an adequate reason why the Duel could not be upgraded to Strike-Level performance?
Either Kira was too good or Yzak was lackluster. That and the Assault Shroud was an attempt to solve that problem (it survived a direct shot from Forbidden Gundam, didn't it? Must have done something right!).
What I meant is, why build the Strike at all at the First Place, the other units in the initial batch all had reasons and assigned roles that could not be fulfilled by other suits. Strike is the one exception, its roles overlap with Duel.
You know, doing what is right is easy. The problem is knowing what is right.
~ Lyndon B. Johnson
Dark Duel

I would contend that the Strike's "roles" overlap with both the Duel and the Buster(Launcher Striker), but that's just me.
What's interesting is, even though IIRC the Strike and other GAT-X series units were supposedly developed from the Duel's basic frame, compared to the base Strike, the base Duel has a better standard armament set.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
DuelGundam2099

The Duel could be simply easier to control than the Strike since it is the most simplistic of the bunch. *shrug* Not to mention that would make it more adaptable to standard space combat, although that's probably just me.
JEFFPIATT

the concept behind the strike was to build an ms that could be configured in to different mission roles. when they had to drop down to an basic model the production strike dagger reverts to an duel like frame only being branded strike dagger due to duel being stolen and the 105 dagger was what they originally planed before they went cheaper. the dagger units with the duel concepts seem to only adopt tech zaft added to the unit and have an different look.
Arsarcana

Wasn't the Assault Shroud all ZAFT's idea? Sure, the rails on the shoulder were always there but I got the impression that the overlap was largely unintentional since the enhancement was an after the fact addition to what was basically a proof of concept design, with Strike being the one intended for multi-role operations.

And yes, Yzak obviously trusted the Assault Shroud armor with his life; he chose to sacrifice it to distract Shani even after we saw that his shield was perfectly capable of blocking the Hresvelgr and the fact that it worked means the armor was good for more than just selling more gunpla. :D Not sure what good smoke dischargers really are in the setting (at least, of that size) but I suppose an addition is an addition.
JEFFPIATT

The OMNI Mass production units based on duel's combat data took on the Assault Shroud based on the data the strike collected fighting the captured dual after it gained the armor kit. the Duel was basically an basic test model to show off the beam wepion tech the EA had the strike was the first to be solely aimed at production an featured the striker system.
Kuruni

My impression is that Assault Shroud is ZAFT's catch-all term for full armor system. THere are three MS using Assault Shroud (Duel, GINN and CGUE) and none of them look like other.
My girlfriend was a loli.
JEFFPIATT

Kuruni wrote:My impression is that Assault Shroud is ZAFT's catch-all term for full armor system. THere are three MS using Assault Shroud (Duel, GINN and CGUE) and none of them look like other.
the original description for the Dual AS mentioned that the duel's set was based on the one zaft built for the GINN after kira stabbed the duel in the chest the hanger staff decided to fabricate an shroud for it.