Gundam maps...

The place to share your artwork.
Kyuzo Aoi

Gundam maps...

I used a blank template from Wikipedia [it states anyone can edit the blank world map as they please as long as they tell where did they get that] to create a map for the world of Gundam 00.

This is the first, canon version. Canon meaning it's actually in the series.

http://fc27.deviantart.com/fs41/f/2009/ ... uzoaoi.png

However, this map is quite anachronistic, since Russia east of the Urals is simply called "Russia" instead of Siberia, and Korea as a whole is a Human Reform League territory but still divided.

This second map probably solves it.

http://fc76.deviantart.com/fs31/f/2008/ ... uzoaoi.png
Meteoid

I think the second one is probably more accurate, keep in mind that in the far future where 00 is set there are a fair few new countries, like Krugis, Azadistan, Taribia and Moralia. Also a Key would help a bit. Perhaps you could also mark the locations of the Orbital Elevators. One question though, what's that little AEU bit in South America?
Dean_the_Young

Meteoid wrote:I think the second one is probably more accurate, keep in mind that in the far future where 00 is set there are a fair few new countries, like Krugis, Azadistan, Taribia and Moralia. Also a Key would help a bit. Perhaps you could also mark the locations of the Orbital Elevators. One question though, what's that little AEU bit in South America?
French Guyana, I believe. Apparently in the AEU because France will still have it.

The second map is effectively just a changeover with present-day US allies added to the Union; the Philippines (confirmed in-series as HRL), South Korea (never any suggestion that it's in the Union), Israel in the AEU (huh? never even mentioned in series), and so on. Stuff that draws more on present-day stuff than anything the series suggests.

There is a very simple reason why the cannon map does make sense in regards to Russia: the division of Russia is at the Ural Mountains, which is the big geological divide between European Russia and Asian Russia. It's a natural divider between Europe and Asia. (Asian Russia, moreover, is not just 'Siberia', it's a number of parts and regions.) Having a border at the Urals is a natural boundary between the AEU and HRL, and gives them both their own Russia.
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
Kavik Ryx

Going by today's standards, I'd expect Israel to be a member of the Union or an independent nation.
fala_fire

The second map is effectively just a changeover with present-day US allies added to the Union; the Philippines (confirmed in-series as HRL), South Korea (never any suggestion that it's in the Union), Israel in the AEU (huh? never even mentioned in series), and so on. Stuff that draws more on present-day stuff than anything the series suggests.
South Korea is HRL as well from the map shown in episode 2.
Dean_the_Young

fala_fire wrote:
South Korea is HRL as well from the map shown in episode 2.
Gee, if only if that had already been on a map already posted in this thread...

Oh, yeah.

I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
Kyuzo Aoi

mcred23

Kyuzo Aoi wrote:Here's a Gundam Seed map.

http://fc45.deviantart.com/fs41/f/2009/ ... uzoaoi.png
Some of the borders, particularly those of the African Community/South African Union and Republic Of East Asia/Eurasian Federation look a lot more 'jagged', for lack of a better term, than they are shown to be on the official map.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Xanadu

Re: Gundam maps...

Kyuzo Aoi wrote:I used a blank template from Wikipedia [it states anyone can edit the blank world map as they please as long as they tell where did they get that] to create a map for the world of Gundam 00.

However, this map is quite anachronistic, since Russia east of the Urals is simply called "Russia" instead of Siberia, and Korea as a whole is a Human Reform League territory but still divided.

This second map probably solves it.

http://fc76.deviantart.com/fs31/f/2008/ ... uzoaoi.png
Does sunrise just like to ignore countries? In Geass they ignored Australia throughout the entire both seasons and now they seem to be doing the same to Africa.
"This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it" - John Adams
Dean_the_Young

Xanadu wrote: Does sunrise just like to ignore countries? In Geass they ignored Australia throughout the entire both seasons and now they seem to be doing the same to Africa.
Pre-series material stated that Africa was effectively a collection of vassals to the AEU. Sort of an exclusive neo-colonial empire, but not part of the AEU itself.

The Middle East/western Asia is a series of unaligned countries that didn't partake in the Solar Elevator construction.

Official Jerid Fanboy
Kyuzo Aoi

Gundam X world map, this pertains to the events at the middle of the series.

http://fc79.deviantart.com/fs33/f/2008/ ... uzoaoi.png

UC Gundam map circa 0079, based on what I could salvage from the Gundam Project.

http://fc73.deviantart.com/fs36/f/2008/ ... uzoaoi.png
MarshalBraginsky

I also posted a Gundam 00 map on my deviantart, but I had both Japan and Australia, as well as all of Russia as part of the Human Reform League. I also like the idea of the Philippines remaining as part of the HRL because it's a strategical barrier for the HRL (in preventing the Union from having to attack the Pacific from Japan).
Deathzealot

Hmmm none of these maps will open and load for me. Any reason they aren't?
Antares

DevA links don't work for me neither.
There is a very simple reason why the cannon map does make sense in regards to Russia: the division of Russia is at the Ural Mountains, which is the big geological divide between European Russia and Asian Russia. It's a natural divider between Europe and Asia. (Asian Russia, moreover, is not just 'Siberia', it's a number of parts and regions.) Having a border at the Urals is a natural boundary between the AEU and HRL, and gives them both their own Russia.
Maybe, but the map in that link is seriously out of whack, at least outside Russia. I don't know what the Finnish border is supposed to be, and there seems to be no Lithuania. :P Of course, the link URL says it's French so that makes sense; they've never been that interested in what they consider to be "peripheral Europe". :D
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
MarshalBraginsky

I posted two maps at deviantart.com, but it's for my planned fanfiction. Well, one of the two maps would be chosen, but the PoD is a surviving Soviet Union and Yugoslavia which ended up joining the AEU (in this case, it would be the Advanced Eurasian Union). Canon wise, either undivided Russia joins the AEU or HRL. Cutting it in half seems to be awkward.