"Gouf Kai" in MS Era?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Auto-Fox

"Gouf Kai" in MS Era?

Was looking through a translation of MS Era, and I noticed something interesting in a couple of the pictures. In addition to the Zaku II and Dom variants portrayed, there's also a portrayal of a Gouf variant among them: here and here.

Besides that, there's also a Zakrello and Bigro, but that's sorta secondary.

Anyway, does anyone have any information on this MS (and/or these Mobile Armors)?
"Captain! It's the Federation forces Mobile Suit! It has a head and limbs!"
_Oliver May, 603rd Test Team, upon first seeing the Federation's RGM-79 GM.
mcred23

Re: "Gouf Kai" in MS Era?

Those are just Izubuchi's versions of everything, since he did the art for the book and used all his own designs.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
ShadowCell

besides, taking them all to be new mecha designs and not just Izubuchi's way of drawing old mecha designs introduces mind-bending paradoxes, like Zaku II Kais apparently in service in the Zeon forces before the One Year War, and down that road lies only madness.
JEFFPIATT

when the book was published they had the team who did 0080 do the artwork and they used Izubuchi's line art regardless of the time period the image is said to take place. This book led to the theory that the 0080 ms were originally meant to be imagined 0079 ms and not late war models based on zeta era ms.
mcred23

And it's worth noting that said theory was incorrect, as Mark explained here.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Gelgoog Jager

So what's the approach on the new stuff seen on the artbook besides the MS, such as:

-This tank, which I initially considered it to be the infamous M1 tank, until MS Igloo 2 introduced the Magella Ein.
-Zeon's jovian fleet ships, far too small to be replacements for a Jupitris.
-A redesigned Dopp, it looks more aerodynamic.
-A new hand-held shield for the Zaku.
JEFFPIATT

If i re-member right MS Era was an anniversary art book with the story that these were news photos taken during the Early UC era including an image of the back of the RX-78-2 Izubuchi did to go with the NT-1 line art. The book is one artists interpretation of events that took place between UC 0001 to 0080 if anything some of these units may also be reverse homages of Zeta, ZZ, and CCA MS. The book was notable for giving us artwork of the MS-01. the hand held zaku sheld seems to be inspired by both the gouf shield and the Hi-zack shield though.
Ceiling_Squid

This may be a little off-topic, but I gotta say, that Bigro and Zakrello are sexy. Probably my favorite interpretations of those goofy designs. They look downright mean!
AmuroNT1

Gelgoog Jager wrote:-A new hand-held shield for the Zaku.
That particular shield actually shows up in Zeonic Front; IIRC, it's the Zeon heavy shield, their equivalent to the shield wielded by the original Gundam and GM.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power