Some Questions about the content in RX-78 Master Archive

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Gelgoog Jager

Re: Some Questions about the content in RX-78 Master Archive

toysdream wrote:But since the MSV books indicated there were five leftover units, and the current explanation gives us a "second lot" of only four machines - plus unofficial spinoffs like the Pixie, and a gradually increasing number of Alex units - that numerical discrepancy may be enough reason to think that five more units of the "first lot" were built before the "second lot" appeared. Something had to account for all those extra parts used in the RX-79(G), after all. :-)
So there's more than one Alex Gundam? Can you please share some more info regarding this/these unit(s) Mark?

Also, are there any additional units of the RX-78-4 through RX-78-7?
Talos

Gelgoog Jager wrote:
toysdream wrote:But since the MSV books indicated there were five leftover units, and the current explanation gives us a "second lot" of only four machines - plus unofficial spinoffs like the Pixie, and a gradually increasing number of Alex units - that numerical discrepancy may be enough reason to think that five more units of the "first lot" were built before the "second lot" appeared. Something had to account for all those extra parts used in the RX-79(G), after all. :-)
So there's more than one Alex Gundam? Can you please share some more info regarding this/these unit(s) Mark?

Also, are there any additional units of the RX-78-4 through RX-78-7?
IIRC there's an NT-2, NT-3, and NT-X now. I believe the latter incorporated an experimental funnel system.

As for the rest of the Gundams, I don't like the idea of the numbers magically evening out so that RX-78-7 happens to be the 7th Gundam. 7th iteration of the Gundam design, but the physical 7th unit produced, no. Especially if we have multiple ones at the lower level. Heck, the comment Mark had about the FA-78 being a way to use the early Gundams, it makes it (at least to me) safe to say that the -4/-5/-6/-7 were not built as an earlier variant, but were in fact additional later production. And the Alexes too, of course.
toysdream

The Master Archive book says it's unclear how many Alex units there were; construction began on at least two machines, but only one is confirmed to have been completed. The book shows an alternate red-based color scheme for the Alex, but suggests that these may just have been the rollout colors of the original unit.

Of course, in the meantime, a second Alex unit has shown up in the "Gundam Katana" serial, and there's also the Netix to contend with...

At various points in the Master Archive books, we're told that the original plan was to produce about 30 RX-78 units, but the actual number was reduced to about ten machines. We're also told that a total of about 40 machines of the "early RX series" were built, and the Federation Forces ordered an initial batch of 40 pre-production Core Fighters to go with them. If there were only ten RX-78 units, then presumably a lot of the others were Guncannons...

-- Mark
Dark Duel

Can I see a pic of that "alternate colors/rollout colors" Alex? I'm curious.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
mcred23

toysdream wrote:We're also told that a total of about 40 machines of the "early RX series" were built, and the Federation Forces ordered an initial batch of 40 pre-production Core Fighters to go with them. If there were only ten RX-78 units, then presumably a lot of the others were Guncannons...
Well, MS IGLOO does seem to dip a bit into the number of Core Fighters, with the Core Booster II's and the pair of normal Core Fighters MS IGLOO 2 has at Odessa. Plus, do we have any idea on the total production of the RX-77-2 or even a ball park for it? In an older thread, you mentioned six pre-production units, and we know those things pop up all over the place (Such as the infamous third one at A Baoa Qu) so I'd suspect a somewhat higher production count...
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
toysdream

The Gundam edition of the Master Archive series says that there were five prototype Core Fighters and forty pre-production ones, of which 11 were lost during testing. The Federation Forces also ordered 200 of an FF-7 production version, and even after the Core Fighter was eliminated from the GM design, they ended up making at least 120 (maybe up to 150) of these. So there should be plenty of extra Core Fighters to go around!

As for the Guncannon, it's hard to say. If we include all the extra ones that show up in the games, we'd have at least six running around in the Gobi Desert, four at Odessa, and three stationed aboard the Thoroughbred. Mobility Fleet 0079 also has at least four defending Luna II in October. That's almost 20 extra units right there!

-- Mark
J-Lead

Dark Duel wrote:Can I see a pic of that "alternate colors/rollout colors" Alex? I'm curious.
Sure thing.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
AnimeMun

Makes one glad they didn't try to slip Ver. EVOLVE into all of this, that would be bloody insane.
A supporter of the HARO mafia.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

This should probably be a secret but... MY NAME IS ANIME-MUN!