The Official Identify this Show Thread

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
lazywhitebasterd

NEED ASSISTANCE!!

Okay, so my names Dean and im from Canada. Roughly 10 years ago a mecha anime show was on a channel called YTV. It involved suits of armor in a medieval fashion fighting and such. I was rather young so my memory is kind of vague, but i remember the show being quite dark and ominous. If anyone has any idea what show this is or can list off a couple suggestions, i would be very appreciative. Thank You :D
Arsarcana

Re: NEED ASSISTANCE!!

This is the mecha board, the anime board is over that way. When you go there, you might consider this topic of some interest.
ShadowCell

Re: The Official Identify this Show Thread

threads merged. carry on.
Seto Kaiba

Re: NEED ASSISTANCE!!

lazywhitebasterd wrote:Okay, so my names Dean and im from Canada. Roughly 10 years ago a mecha anime show was on a channel called YTV. It involved suits of armor in a medieval fashion fighting and such. I was rather young so my memory is kind of vague, but i remember the show being quite dark and ominous. If anyone has any idea what show this is or can list off a couple suggestions, i would be very appreciative. Thank You :D
Already sent ya a PM about it 'fore the threads were merged, but you're probably thinking of The Vision of Escaflowne.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
NastyNate

There is a show that used to come on saturday morning cartoons. It was about a boy who finds this staff and it talks to him. With the staff he can insert it into machines and use them. Meanwhile a group of bad guys are chassing him and trying to get this staff back . Does anyone know what this one is?
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
zabimustdie

NastyNate wrote:There is a show that used to come on saturday morning cartoons. It was about a boy who finds this staff and it talks to him. With the staff he can insert it into machines and use them. Meanwhile a group of bad guys are chassing him and trying to get this staff back . Does anyone know what this one is?
Xyber 9. It plagued me for a long time too because I thought it was called Red Planet for something like that. Hope this helped!
"Where there is no death, there is life." - Ghost in Chronopolis, Chrono Cross
NastyNate

zabimustdie wrote:
NastyNate wrote:There is a show that used to come on saturday morning cartoons. It was about a boy who finds this staff and it talks to him. With the staff he can insert it into machines and use them. Meanwhile a group of bad guys are chassing him and trying to get this staff back . Does anyone know what this one is?
Xyber 9. It plagued me for a long time too because I thought it was called Red Planet for something like that. Hope this helped!
That is totally it! Many thanks! :D
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
zabimustdie

You are very welcome NastyNate! I think it came out around the time that Escaflowne was on ABC. Those were the days.
"Where there is no death, there is life." - Ghost in Chronopolis, Chrono Cross
kaizokuj

Please help me identify this series!

Hi, I'm here today to ask you guys to help me find a series I have been looking for for the last 3 years.
When I was younger I remember seeing a series that I remember as following (tho I may be wrong on certain facts);

I remember the main character was a guy probably late teens early 20's, I THINK they were not on earth, the main character was being chased by something I believe a mech or unmanned mech. He hides in what he thinks is a piece of junk, this however turns out to be a mecha which was bipedal, had a lion design head wise and used a gatling gun as a primary weapon. There was also a princess on a spaceship that the protagonist teams up with.
If I remember correctly he was the only one who could pilot the mech in question.

The show probably aired somewhere before 1998 as I was under 10 years old at the time.
I know it is not much but I hope anyone can help me finally find what series it was.
ShadowCell

threads merged
Gyra Solune

kaizokuj wrote:Hi, I'm here today to ask you guys to help me find a series I have been looking for for the last 3 years.
When I was younger I remember seeing a series that I remember as following (tho I may be wrong on certain facts);

I remember the main character was a guy probably late teens early 20's, I THINK they were not on earth, the main character was being chased by something I believe a mech or unmanned mech. He hides in what he thinks is a piece of junk, this however turns out to be a mecha which was bipedal, had a lion design head wise and used a gatling gun as a primary weapon. There was also a princess on a spaceship that the protagonist teams up with.
If I remember correctly he was the only one who could pilot the mech in question.

The show probably aired somewhere before 1998 as I was under 10 years old at the time.
I know it is not much but I hope anyone can help me finally find what series it was.

VERY late reply, but this appears to be Ninja Senshi Tobikage (Ninja Robots in the US). The lion mech is not Tobikage itself, but rather a support-ish heavy artillery-ish unit that Tobikage can merge with to make into an actual lion.
teslashark

Again, who've heard of the show I mentioned before?
A 3D movie, maybe done by Production IG? About a future/colony planet civilazation which is fighting with less-advanced tribal people who guard a lost technlogy. The secret turns out to be some blueprints and a code to awake buried giant war robots, the heroin pilots one in the end and used it to dismantle the colony(another one is in the city's core). The robots are part of the colony, maybe.
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
Deus257

teslashark wrote:Again, who've heard of the show I mentioned before?
A 3D movie, maybe done by Production IG? About a future/colony planet civilazation which is fighting with less-advanced tribal people who guard a lost technlogy. The secret turns out to be some blueprints and a code to awake buried giant war robots, the heroin pilots one in the end and used it to dismantle the colony(another one is in the city's core). The robots are part of the colony, maybe.
I think your talking about Ark, it was a 2004 animated film, I think there is an article on wikipedia on it,
teslashark

Deus257 wrote:
teslashark wrote:Again, who've heard of the show I mentioned before?
I think your talking about Ark, it was a 2004 animated film, I think there is an article on wikipedia on it,
You got it! The robots are called Arks.
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
Angelo Sauper

Two shows, one I don't know the identity of, and another in which I forgot the name.

First one, always applauded for being ultra realistic, though it had creepy ancient japanese voodoo dancing with masks, the mechs seemed quite militaristic and I remember military control rooms and such.

Second, I remember one episode, a girl who builds mecha model kits enters a model competition, though her grandfather takes her entry in her place because for whatever reason she's embarrassed that a young girl has that kind of hobby. Skip forward, her grandfather dies (I think) and she's kidnapped by a guy pretending to be her mother (I'm sure), she's taken to a remote place, eventually ends up trapped in a mechanical joint in a giant mecha, she then enters the cockpit at some point later in the episode... That's all I remember.
Hyakushiki

The first show is Gazaraki, and the second is Jinki: Extend.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
Angelo Sauper

Thanks for the quick response!
gsc000

Can't remember the name... please help me

Guys, this is probably the wrong place to ask this but, i'm desperate, i can't remeber the name of a great mecha cartoon, it was like this...

In the first episode there a kind of tournament where alot's of people are in with their robots/mechas, then there is this guys that was in this tournament but i can't remember what happen to his mecha, turns out that the one of the guilds lost a member then he started to go out with them, as number 7 or 8 ( their mechas had numbers).

They would travel by train.

And i also remember one episode that he was training and the oposite guid changed their training ammunition( paint) with real ones.

Their mechas would walk or just use the weels in their soles to move.

The whole thing was in earth, not in the space and wasn't an anime( i think so)

Please guys, if you could help me remember the name of this cartoon i would be very thankful.
DuelGundam2099

Re: Can't remember the name... please help me

The only series with a first episode like that I can think of is Super Robot Wars: Divine Wars. Tell me, was this in english dub or sub?
gsc000

Re: Can't remember the name... please help me

no... it was not that one, in this one they don't have to do anything with space.
the mechas don't look that much like robots( with legs and arms, or have a human trace)

i can't remember if it was dub or sub, but it's been a long time, if i'm not wrong 2003/ 2004.
i checked the lists you guys got here.

it's really driving me nuts...