What's Your Current Anime? Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
brunoafh

Re: What's Your Current Anime? Mk III

Mu La Flaga wrote:Mobile Suit Gundam Episodes 22 to 27.
So this first DVD for collection 2 covers Operation Odessa and the mini-ark with Miharu.
Kind of feel sorry for Kai afterwards.
That's exactly where I am in my MSG watch. I'm still really liking it so far, as I stated earlier here I feel it's aged very well for a 70s TV series. Kai is 2nd favorite character (Char is my favorite of course) so I'm enjoying the episodes with focus on his development.
Tropic Lightning

Finally got a set of MS Victory so will start watchin that
just finished watching a copy of MS G-Saviour what a horror show that one is
Mu La Flaga

Mobile Suit Gundam episodes 28 to 32.

This covered the events of Jaburo ark, introduces GMs, Sleggar Law.
Also the story with Side Six and the battle before that.

That was an awesome fight against those 3 Musai ships and how Dren went out, got pretty destructive.
Mu La Flaga

Mobile Suit Gundam episodes 33 to 37.
So this one contained the last episodes of Side Six stuff.
The battle at Solomon, Sleggar's death, the Texas Colony episodes and death of M'Quve.

Been some pretty entertainng larger fleet battles and MSe fights lately.
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seto Kaiba

ADV Films' remastered edition of the original Super Dimension Fortress Macross series.

It's been sitting on the shelf next to my copy of the Animeigo remaster for years now, but I never really got around to watching it all the way through until now. Prior to that, I was trying to finish watching Gantz, but couldn't stomach the pants-on-head stupid behavior of the cast or the fact that the screenplay was padded like a menstruating storm sewer.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
Mu La Flaga

Mobile Suit Gundam episodes 38 to 42.
So this covers Lalah Sune and events leading up to her death, Chalia Bull.
The final battle of Aboa Qu, death of Kycilia, Gihren.
Not to mention the battles, Degwin and General Revill, being vaporised.
Guntank, Gundam, Zeong, Gelgoog, White Base, Guntak all getting scrapped.

Also per Chaos Theater sparking my interest, watched first 2 episodes of High School of the Dead.
Kind of an interesting series.
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SlowTurtle

Watching Full Metal Panic for the vary first time heres hoping I like it.
"Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again."
--Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: Generations
Flame-X

Ano Natsu de Matteru. Best romance anime I've seen since Onegai Teacher. Also in love with the ED song.
DuelGundam2099

Well it looks like I managed to catch up to this series called Rinne of Lagrange or however it is translated. I'll say this much: It LOOKS pretty. Well, at least the mech designs and the effects that go into the fight scenes. That said, I really don't care much for anything else although the villains are actually decent so far (key word being decent). That and I KNOW I've seen Nami-Nagi-Mugami-Magumi- hang on a sec *looks up name because it's weird as hell* Muginami, that's it!........ Oh hell, fan service girl; now in-between the legs tattoo edition! *facepalm* Seriously, why put her mark there? Anyway, I KNOW I've seen her from some anime before and as turns out she's basically Ruu from Dancouga Nova....... With Meer from Gundam SEED Destiny's body....... I'm getting convinced this series is ripping off Masami Obari mecha stuff and not just because the enemy mechs resemble zeravire from Gravion; hell even two of the "aliens" looks like adult versions of Toga and Eiji from Gravion! Not to mention the Vox (strange name to categorize mechs) are based on wind, water, fire, but no earth; I have a dollar riding says a fourth such vox will show up and they'll rip off Dancouga. If they don't then the Iczer franchise or Detonator Orgun will get referenced, just wait and see.
Vent Noir

Finally finished Last Exile. I've only had the DVDs sitting around for several years. It might be heresy to admit, but I like Fam better than Claus as a protagonist.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Herm

Began watching Angels Beats and Darker than Black. Now I have no time to study at all.
They`ve overtaken my brain =DD
Good anime to have a pleasant time.
DuelGundam2099

After a while of curiosity wanting to see another entry of the Brave Series that wasn't GaoGaiGar, I decided as of today to start watching J-Decker, specifically with the first episode just minutes ago. Why? Well subs for most of the other series don't exist (or at least Exkaiser and Fighbird), Da Garn and Dagwon seemed the least interesting to me, and subs for Goldran stopped at episode 14 for about a year now. I would have started with Might Gaine, but wouldn't you know it, the one site that has them has busted links. Real shame, trains have to be the most under rated vehicles in history- Where was I? Aw yes!

So yeah, it's basically a boy meets robot and befriends him. Not too much to say other than it has a ridiculously light hearted tone. Yuuta's voice has to be filled with helium or something because no one save typical magical girl junk could be that bad on purpose. This series also has the weirdest hair styles in any anime ever (seriously, how the hell to they work!?). Combine that with what I can only describe as the cheapest/basic first monster of the week I've seen in an anime for a long time (or probably ever) and you have a recipe for fun that predates G Gundam and Ryu Knight by only a month.
YokozunaBulldozer

I have been having a LEVEL-5-a-thon so to speak:
Danball Senki W
Gundam AGE

Also Gintama, Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou and J-Decker
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Sume Gai

I'm glad to hear of more people watching J-Decker. It's a fun series that tells a surprisingly interesting Pinocchio story while still having a lot of fun in the process.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
DuelGundam2099

^Not to mention J-Decker himself looks like a cross between Wing Gundam and Grendizer.
YokozunaBulldozer

Sume Gai wrote:I'm glad to hear of more people watching J-Decker. It's a fun series that tells a surprisingly interesting Pinocchio story while still having a lot of fun in the process.
I grew up with the show as a kid, and watched it a bunch of times :P The reason I decided to re-watch it after almost two decades is because I have been watching and reading cyber punk stuff these days, and I suddenly remembered J-Decker. Also, I like how they have fictional cop heroes referenced for Deckerd and McCrane(Protagonist Deckerd is from John Deckard from Blade Runner, and McCrane is a reference to John McClane from Die Hard).
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
DuelGundam2099

Deckerd is from John Deckard from Blade Runner
How the hell did I miss that? :lol: I just finished episode 3. First young scientist robot builders, then Yasunori Kato ripoffs controlling bombers and variable fights, and silicate aliens controlling machines. This series has B-Movie camp material written all over it! :mrgreen:

Supposedly someone from /m/ started watching this series today as well and the post responding was how everyone was a "robosexual". Now I'm a tad bummed. :( Oh well, I've seen way worse.

And I know other people have said it but I'll say it anyway: J-Decker for Super Robot Wars! :P
Mu La Flaga

I recently watched 0083 Sardust memories.
Maybe it's just me, but I still like 0083's fights and animation more the 08th MS team to an extent.
Despite some of the characters who suck or are rather annoying.
Kou(sometimes), Nina(alot of times) and Monsha(ALL the time)
DuelGundam2099

Just finished episode 8 of J-Decker and I have to give Guy points for this. :lol: Seriously, that is way too awesome not to have a level of popularity. Episode 5's kaiju spoofing was also awesome, for some reason all the B-Movie story lines in this show remind me of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. :lol:
Mu La Flaga

Ah and that is Build Tiger, even though I haven't seen the seres, seen some Braves series transformations on youtube.