Gundamn! Mailbag Drop Box

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
whitewoolf

Re: Gundamn! Mailbag Drop Box

hi I have recently become a fan of Gundamn and i am now hooked on the podcast. every one that i have listened to has made me laugh in some way and i have 3 questions for you guys.

1. this one has to do with your jokes about hatsune miku becoming the modern day sharon apple or skynet. say it does happen and she creates giant terminator mechs(with her face on them of course) and the only thing that can destroy them are gundams, what gundams would you guys choose to take them down? ps. it can be from UC or alternate universe

2. this ones for Soul Bro. if you could only play one capcom fighter for the rest of your life what would it be?

3. how would you guys react to Micheal Bay making a live action Gundam movie?
Aldaeus

Hi, long time listener first time writer.

1. With the anniversary projects for Wing and Seed happening, do you think we'll see something for X even if its just a Manga release (Or re-release/run) in Dengeki Hobby or something?

2. What are your individual opinions/preferences between the Animated Gundam series, and their novelized form? I personally tend to lean more towards the novels in some cases (Like the 00 light novels because they add some detail that the anime didn't have (Ex. Ali Al Saachez while talking in the car with Kinue tells her that that, that name is also just an alias, and when the Drei blows away the Halevy wedding Nena comes across, as a much darker twisted little girl who did it just because she could.) As you can guess I am currently reading Gundam 00's novels, enjoying the further depth on the characters, and tech in some cases. Also have read some of the few Gundam novels available in English that I can get my hands on (And researching the ones that aren't like 00P/N, and the 08th MS Team's novel.)

Also I proudly own first run translations of Awakening, Escalation, and Confrontation (Printed in September of 1990, and Zaku is translated as Zak in the first edition translation)

3. Following up the above ^ If given the chance to see it translated into English (Officially) by whatever publishing company you pick, what Gundam related novel would you want to read, and why?

Thank you for reading my questions, and congratulations (Pre or belated whenever the mailbag reaches this point...) on the 100th episode! SIEG ZEON!!!
Last edited by Aldaeus on Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gundam420

Hey guys. Big fan, first time writing here.

I know you said you wouldn't talk about Blank again, but you had no choice but to bring it up in the last episode. Just wondering, if you're still willing to answer:

1) What do you have to say about people who proclaim that Kira stealing the show from Shinn made the show better? I'm sorry but it really gets on my nerves when people keep saying this, not knowing how fundamentally idiotic it is on a story telling level.

Also an unrelated question...

2) I'm not sure if this question has been asked before, but what mobile suits do you see yourselves piloting the most?

3) If you could see any of your favorite non-animated mobile suits get animated (it doesn't have to be in a series/OVA/movie, etc. to warrant an appearance, you just wanna see it animated period) what would it be? For me it would be the Delta Gundam, Nu Gundam Double Fin Funnel Type (the one with 12 funnels like in Gundam Battle Universe), and any of the Crossbone Gundams.

P.S. Soulbro I have that same Newtype issue you showed on the thread for episode 93.

Anyway guys keep up the good work! You're awesome.
Last edited by Gundam420 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
PSN: (Japan Account) gundaminator
bertman4

Question: Why does Mu La Flaga have so many questions?

Thanks and keep up the good work!
YokozunaBulldozer

Two questions:

1. If you guys had the power to bring back just ONE mecha franchise from Sunrise at your own will that has not been active for a while which one would it be? (I personally want the Brave Robot series to make a comeback.)

2. This one is for Soul Bro: Do you remember the game robot fighting game Tech Romancer? If you do, which character would you like to have seen in its own TV show or OVA?
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Mu La Flaga

bertman4 wrote:Question: Why does Mu La Flaga have so many questions?

Thanks and keep up the good work!
Probably a question to ask me more then Chris. :P

Chances are are I've got some kind of question on my mind 85% of the time.
kayone73

A common sci fi film trope to indicate the near future, the black American president has been a popular one on the gundamn podcast, however this of course wont be used much now for obvious reasons, however I think we may have found a successor with the 'Idiotic female president'. The upcoming film Iron Sky, which is about space Nazi's invading earth, features a suspiciously Sarah Palin-esqe woman in the oval office ready to fight back. What do you guys think, as I think this is going to be seen again in future films until it (hopefully not) becomes reality.
J A 38

3 questions from a first time poster, but one is a two-parter.

1. Do you think Earth has the best culture?

2. Chris, have you ever considered having a company spokesmecha for MAHQ? I can think of one mech off the top of my head who would be perfect, as he already has experience in this field. Think about it you could do the news posts on MAHQ's front page in his voice...if you can think of how that mech would talk.

3. SoulBro, I have never heard what a fighting game/Capcom fan thinks about the original Street Fighter, so what are your thoughts on it? While I'm at it have you ever played Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight? The game has nothing to do with either Street Fighter or Final Fight, but was made by Capcom. I have only played a little bit of it, and while it is ridiculously hard I found it enjoyable. For those who are curious The Angry Video Game Nerd has a review of it.
Shinigam_Newtype

These ones are just for Soulbro.

1)Can we expect any more episodes of the Shinjuku fight club anytime soon?

2) I've recently been playing SF3 Online edition, I'm not a huge SF-fan, I only really play the games containing Sakura, as she's the only character I can use efficiently. Anyway, playing SF III, without going into too much detail, I noticed that the game both plays and feels very different to many of the other SF games(I'm sure you know what i mean Soulbro) not to mention replacing many of the well established characters of the series.

My question to you; upon the game's initial release, how well was SF3 received both among hardcore SF fans and general gaming audience as a whole? Thanks and keep up the excellent work.

A small addition to my previous question: What's the difference between SF III and 3rd strike?
Last edited by Shinigam_Newtype on Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm not as impatient as you, I can wait for humanity to learn and grow" - Amuro Ray.

PSN ID: Shinigam_Newtype
3DS Friend Code: 4468 0954 9080
Proteus

Hello Gundamn crew,

This is a question to both Chris and Neo. Since Dique has grown up, gotten married and had a child, does he still qualify as Soul Bro's man or has he graduated from Soul Bro's School of Excellence? If so, will we be nominating a new Soul Bro's man for each generation in Gundam Rage?

ps: Im leaving Soul Bro out from answering this question because contrary to popular believes, Soul Bro's man are not to be decided by Soul Bro himself. :)

edit: since the question has been answered several episodes ago, Here is some new ones.

Since Saji is King Arthur and Dique is Gawain, who does Max represent in Knights of the Round Table?

If michael bay were to approach you guys and offer you to join him in the production of Transformers 4, you can choose to join in whichever team that you desire (casting, writing, CG, etc) plus he'll make you the head of that said team, thus giving you full power in whatever that you chooses. Which team would you join? For Neo, i know that you will choose the explosion department but lets just say that it's exclusively for Sir Bay only.

Thanks guys and keep up the good work.
Last edited by Proteus on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheSuspiciousRedLamp

Gundamn crew, this is a hard question: What's the best looking Underwater Mobile Suit in all of Gundam??
Just to say, I found most of them disgusting (especially the Gogg), but my favorite is the Hygogg (from the initial Zeon attack in "War in the Pocket"). It's not only the best looking underwater suit, I think it's also a very good looking MS period.
"Revenge for all those height gags. Every time he's called me "Hamster.""
"This is for every time you've been late and lost."
"All the times you drove into the back of my Cadillac."

The D.D.D. Podcast at your diservice.
TheGoose

1. Are there any changes that George Lucas has made to the original Star Wars movies that you like?

2. Soul Bro/Neo, have either of you played any of the role playing video games from the Mass Effect series? If you have, what are your opinions on them? What were some of the choices you made while playing the games? Were you a paragon or a renegade? Who'd you romance? Did you give Tali a hug (and if you didn't give her one, why are you so cold-hearted :cry: )?

3. If you were a character in a Gundam show, which one of you would wear a Char mask?

4. What are some of your favorite moments while doing Gundamn@MAHQ? Just to be difficult, Neo/Chris, you can't say any moment involving Soul Bro, any of his men, Capcom, etc.
Last edited by TheGoose on Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:46 am, edited 5 times in total.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

1. Big Cheese, are streaming services such as Netflix and Hulu a viable/profitable medium for the Western anime industry? In short, what are some ways, in your opinion, to make the Western industry suck less hard?

2. Soul Bro, I've noticed that nearly all fighting games are based in a 2-D plane profile view. What is your opinion on fighting games being in other perspectives, such as 1st or 3rd person views? Is this viable for the franchise, and what differences do you see it making?

3. Would you guys consider doing a review of Vanquish? It has many mecha anime tropes I'm sure you would enjoy. Disco robots.

4. What do you think of sidekick pets in games and anime? Any highlights or lowlights?

5. What is your personal advice to the audience this week?
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
eanetdude

1. What composer who scored a UC series/OVA/Film would you like to compose a score for an AU Gundam anime project?
2. Same question, vice versa.
3. Who would win in physical combat between these weak-willed souls? Kou Uraki, Dique, Kuzzey Buskirk, or His Majesty Saji Crossroad (folding chairs not included).
Vent Noir

eanetdude wrote: 3. Who would win in physical combat between these weak-willed souls? Kou Uraki, Dique, Kuzzey Buskirk, or His Majesty Saji Crossroad (folding chairs not included).
You forgot Rivalz.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Berserker 8

Hey Gundamn Crew, I just started to rewatch Zeta Gundam and I had to ask, who is the better Hot Pockets maker Katz in the G-Defenser or Saji in the 0 Raiser ?
Amuro, Char, Spike, and Lelouch just have to be alive, they are alive right? , right... ?
Turn-A Binker

- Ring of Gundam: Tomino's 5 minute CG short: Even though it was never subbed (yet, as of this writing, though it'll probably never will be), have you guys still seen it, and what are your comments on it, including that possible theory I heard where the message of the short was that Tomino was saying that Gundam fans should "get a life"? PS, there was an article on it, referring to the original longer version, to which it could now be seen as an expanded version of sorts. Here is the link to it, just in case:
http://www.zeonic-republic.net/?p=698

- @Chris: my favorite thing about each episode of Gundamn is your Straight Talk/Fact Check Express, primary because you are always right and make alot of sense. I share your frustrations with the anime community, as I myself have dealt with similar frustrations, but from another medium: the comic book community. However, I think the anime community is worse compared to the comic book community, going by the various Straight Talks you've done. Sure, I've dealt with the arrogance of both publishers and fans, and even fans' point of views can change moreso than a normal mood whiplash, but you, Chris; the things you deal with, you could probably make a daily game of multiple choice out of it.

But I don't know; between these two mediums and our frustrations that can come out from them: what is your opinion?
animalia

3 question this time, 2 questions are evangelion related and ALL three are designed to piss of neo ;) (that being said except for the last one these question are directed at all three of you)

1: we all know the Judeo-Christan symbolism was added to Eva to make it seem exotic, HOWEVER many people ignore the REAL psycological symbolism. What do you all think of that?

2: while calling eva the GREATEST anime of all time is pure hyperbole, there is no denying that it is one of the most POPULAR, do what do you think it owes its lasting popularity?

3: This one is just for Neo, how can someone so full of hate for such awesome stuff as Peter Jackson's Lord Of The Rings, not just like but actually DEFEND thepit of mediocrity that is Michael Baye?
Strike Zero

In previous episodes, I've noted some comments from the Gundamn! crew that seem to suggest a kind of animosity towards the beloved digital idol Hatsune Miku.

You guys better watch what you're saying. When the Zentradi, Protodevlin and Vajra swarms finally arrive and descend down upon us from the skies above, she is going to be humanity's only viable line of defense in averting our impending and utter annihilation. The last thing we want to do is give her any reason not to come our protection.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
The Fowl Sorcerous

related to above:
do robot singers have the best culture?
[[lorem ipsum]]