Super Robot Wars Z 2

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Gyra Solune

Re: Super Robot Wars Z 2

Of course, of real wonder is where the original plot will go for 2-2. It will most certainly be harder and more climactic than Gaioh, but I'm unsure as to what the plot implied remains. I do at least hope the villains are as interesting. Sure, Aim can't say the truth and has a cool theme, and sure Marguerite is somewhat sympathetic, but they just aren't as vibrant as the Z1 villains. Marguerite is just Xine with more modesty and less rapism, I can't even remember what the white haired lady and the green mech dude were even like, and let's face it, Gaioh is about as exciting as a thermostat compared to The Edel Bernal.

And the original protagonist(s). Will we still have Crowe? Will Esther's plot importance take shape? Personally it would be pretty cool if she'd get a super robot- Kusuha is the ONLY female protagonist in the series to be solely associated with pure-hearted supers (the Angelg feels almost hybrid-ish, or at least in OG2 where it consistently had 50-50 dodge rates for me, the Granteed is ALWAYS with Touya and the Bellzelute is ALWAYS with Calvina despite none of them being exclusive in the games, and any other potential examples I have forgot). And of course, it would also be pretty cool if we got Rand and Setsuko, but lord knows if that'll happen.
DuelGundam2099

Will we still have Crowe? Will Esther's plot importance take shape?
These two were actually confirmed from some interview Terada had a couple weeks ago.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/657877-d ... n/61691237

A small plot synopsis was also posted on the main site and translated.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/657877-d ... n/61749272

Also, new pics:
http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/009/2 ... 7a823.html

Gamlin's Strumvogel, Aheads, and Grapearls confirmed. I'd mention Guren with a Float System, but that is a little too obvious.
YokozunaBulldozer

Two reasons I know I will be getting Saisei Hen:
1. Extra credit bonus at beginning of game
2. Tetsujin 28
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Mu La Flaga

Copied from a thread on gamfaqs.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/657877-d ... n/61848962

Poster
http://i40.tinypic.com/jsixrs.jpg

Edit:
Rumors
Exia Repair confirmed
Patrick is shot down by the 00
Garrod uses the Divider
Kallen has the Bunny outfit cut-in
New cut-in for the Strike Freedom
Ester's new unit confirmed

PV report:
http://ggglove.jugem.jp/?eid=2021

Also there was another thread on the carryover(from Hakai-hen) bonus from Famitsu.
JPN(seems to be source from famitsu): http://jin115.com/archives/51845404.html

For saves with 1 lap cleared:
Everyone Default PP+150, Default KO count +5, Default Money +500,000.
Items: Hakai no Monsou, Barrier field, DM Unit

For each lap cleared (up to 10):
PP+10, KO Count +1, Money +100,000

If scenario chart completed:
PP+100, KO Count+5, Money +500,000
Item: A-Adapter, Repair Kit, Propellant Tank, Cartridge
brunoafh

Jeez, a bit overkill on the bonuses, hopefully the game is harder than Z2-1 was, or at least has SR points with relevance. Z1 had a really good balance with difficulty/SR points. Not sure why that was totally thrown out the window with Z2.
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

brunoafh wrote:Jeez, a bit overkill on the bonuses, hopefully the game is harder than Z2-1 was, or at least has SR points with relevance. Z1 had a really good balance with difficulty/SR points. Not sure why that was totally thrown out the window with Z2.
Actually, I find the SR points in Z to be a bit over the top on difficulty; sure everything shouldn't be doable in your sleep, but it's nigh impossible to get some of the SR points in the early missions on your first playthrough. :(
brunoafh

Shinji103 wrote:Actually, I find the SR points in Z to be a bit over the top on difficulty; sure everything shouldn't be doable in your sleep, but it's nigh impossible to get some of the SR points in the early missions on your first playthrough. :(
Yeah that one SR point in the Zambot level that Asakim shows up in was brutal, amongst others. I found all of the hidden point value stuff in Z1 more irritating than the difficulty of some of the SR points, like the ending points and save Aki points. Still, I'd rather have difficult SR points than super easy ones.
Shinji103

Okay, another SRW Z question: I see on the first menu page of a mech's stats that it says A rank ground terrain (like the Big O and Turn A Gundam), but when I R1-button over to page 3, it says S rank for ground.

Wut? ^^b I don't get it; why does it say A rank for ground on one menu page and S rank on another page for that same mech?
brunoafh

I believe the 3rd page is the attacks page right? Attacks can have different terrain bonuses than the unit's general terrain bonuses I believe. For example a unit can have an A ranking for all 4 terrain areas, but some of their attacks might have an S ranking in the air but a B ranking in space and water.
Shinji103

brunoafh wrote:I believe the 3rd page is the attacks page right? Attacks can have different terrain bonuses than the unit's general terrain bonuses I believe. For example a unit can have an A ranking for all 4 terrain areas, but some of their attacks might have an S ranking in the air but a B ranking in space and water.
No, page 4 is the attacks page. Page 3 is the mecha stats page. (armor, HP, whether it has HP/EN healing or not, etc.) I know that the mech's general terrain stats don't mean it has the same terrain stats for its weapons. :P

For me, page 1 (the accumulated stats page) says just A rank on ground terrain for say the Turn A Gundam. Page 3 (the mech stats page) says it has S rank on ground though.
brunoafh

I booted up the game to have a quick look see, and to me it seems like the first page is the pilot's parameters and the third page is the mech parameters. Pilot parameters probably affect things like crit rate, evade, accuracy, melee/range power, etc, whereas mech parameters are where the damage bonuses that directly alter attacks are factored in. I'm not sure about the exact formulas or anything, but they are boosted by separate means (pilot parameters with PP, mech parameters with items), so I can only assume they affect different things.
Shinji103

brunoafh wrote:I booted up the game to have a quick look see, and to me it seems like the first page is the pilot's parameters and the third page is the mech parameters. Pilot parameters probably affect things like crit rate, evade, accuracy, melee/range power, etc, whereas mech parameters are where the damage bonuses that directly alter attacks are factored in. I'm not sure about the exact formulas or anything, but they are boosted by separate means (pilot parameters with PP, mech parameters with items), so I can only assume they affect different things.
Actually page 2 is the full pilot parameters; page 1 is like a combined page, showing a bit of both pilot and mech stats. (like we see the pilot's support skills and the mech's numerical stats, but not the pilot's numerical stats)

But I know all that about how the numerical stats mingle and stuff, what I want to know is why the terrain stats on page 1, which are right next to a box with the mech's numerical stats (armor, HP, EN, etc.) says one kind of terrain rank, but the terrain rank on the third page is a different rank. (as I pointed out before, the page 1 terrain ranks for Big O and Turn A both say A on page 1, and S on page 3) So i have no idea what the heck is going on with that. :?:
brunoafh

Go to use someone's PP. You'll see that those letters match the letters on the first page, so those must be the pilot terrain parameters. Third page is mech terrain parameters because those letters are adjusted when you equip parts such as A adapters.
Wingnut

The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
DuelGundam2099

And so the mysterious "unknown" mechanical beast is Goukyuun U5. The Boss Borot also has the most awesome rape face since Van from the last episode of Gun X Sword.
Shinji103

So do you need to get the pilot's and mech's rank to S to get S-level terrain status, unlike in the previous SRWs where you only needed to get the pilot's or the mech's rank to S to get S-level terrain status?

EDIT: I figured it out; the first page is the total unit's strength just as I thought. Hit ttriangle on that page and it'll give a different view, and the terrain stats panel will change so it shows something similar tot he old style "A + A" terrain thing. Though it looks like it was just as I feared; you appraently need both the mech and the pilot to have S rank in a terrain to get an actual S rank on it. (A+B=B, S+A=A as it shows on the panel) Which kind of really takes a chunk of usefullness out of being able to upgarde the pilot's terrain stats, since you'd need to use a part slot on the mech for one of the terrain boosting parts in addition to spending 800 PP to up the pilot from A to S rank. :(
Mu La Flaga

Wingnut wrote:Preview Video 1!
And so far it looks rather promising.
Liking the new animations.
Amadi Akintunde

>TV WING ZERO

>EPYON

>EXIA REPAIR

HNNNNNGH
Vent Noir

Just finished my second playthrough of Z2.1
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Mu La Flaga

I'm on my 4th playthrough currently.