The Official Gundam: The Origin Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Deathzealot

Re: The Official Gundam: The Origin Anime Thread Mk I

Kratos wrote:Side note, though: I guess Yas is doing a Sayla miniseries about her in the early 0080's? Could be pretty interesting.
Really? That would be pretty sweet, for Sayla always had been one of my favorite Original Gundam characters hands down.
HellCat

Some have speculated that the fact the announcement was so 'Uh, yeah, animated The Origin is coming! Keep your eyes open' suggests it was a rushed case of damage control to the whining that accompanied the AGE leak/announcement. Of course it's not unheard of for a Gundam project to get a teaser and then go quiet. It happened with the SEED movie.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Deacon Blues

Even Japanese bloggers are like "maybe next month they'll have info!". Gundam Ace said that there was supposed to be subsequent info every month... unless the interviews with Yas every month are peppered with info, I haven't noticed anything.
Ocho

I'm really hoping when this comes out there won't be a firestorm of anger and disgruntlement.
"I... I won't die alone. I'm gonna take your soul along with me when I go.""Because of your stupidity the earth remains trampled under the feet of fools."
ShadowCell

hahahahahahahahahaha of course there will be
Kratos

Oh christ yes. The Origin is already divisive among the 4 or so people who have actually read it on this board, and I'd bet pretty good money that there will some sort of change between the manga and whatever part of it is being adapted (there always is; just look at Unicorn). That's sure to add even more fuel to the fire started on the changes made from the original series/movies.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
Arbiter GUNDAM

You know I was reading up on the MacrossWorld forums about the manga series by Haruhiko Mikimoto, Macross: The First and someone floated the idea that when Mikimoto is done with it, it should be made into an OVA or series or something. I have to say, I'm alot more intrigued by that concept than I am with Origin.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
BlackLion

HellCat wrote:It happened with the SEED movie.
You're not making a very good case for it here :P . The Seed movie is in the same bin as the Akira and Evangelion live action movies at this point.
Arsarcana

Those aren't all the same thing though. The SEED movie is stuck in development hell ostensibly for Morosawa's health reasons (then there's not wanting to trod on all the new animated Gundam properties that have come out since the announcement) and Akira and Evangelion are non-Japanese efforts whose issues are of an entirely different nature, even setting aside the live action thing.
penguintruth

I wonder who'll they get to voice the characters. Tohru Furuya is still available, and still sounds pretty young.
Visit my YouTube page for episodes of Otaku Evolution, my anime review show! (Watch with Adblock off!)
JulieYBM

penguintruth wrote:I wonder who'll they get to voice the characters. Tohru Furuya is still available, and still sounds pretty young.
I spoke of this earlier in the thread, but I think we could look at a potential recasting ala Dragon Ball Kai. Some roles are retained, less important roles with veteran voice actors are replaced. We don't know what sort of budget this project is going to have at this point, so a lot of it is still up in the air, but if they want to give it a strong animation budget we might see cuts in the casting department.
She/Her
Amadi Akintunde

BlackLion wrote:
HellCat wrote:It happened with the SEED movie.
You're not making a very good case for it here :P . The Seed movie is in the same bin as the Akira and Evangelion live action movies at this point.
Only the AKIRA movie has actually started moving forward. Bad news is that from what details they've released for it, it's most definitely going to be garbage.
Arbiter GUNDAM

At this point, is there any chance that this is going to happen at all?

--Freyja Wion
Kratos

Why wouldn't it? I mean, nothing has happened that would make it less likely to happen. There's as much of a chance of it happening now as there was when it was announced.
Chris
Administrator

Kratos wrote:Why wouldn't it? I mean, nothing has happened that would make it less likely to happen. There's as much of a chance of it happening now as there was when it was announced.
I would say production being shut down makes it substantially less likely to ever come to fruition.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Kratos

Huh. Guess I totally missed that announcement, I had no idea production of the series had been shut down.
Arbiter GUNDAM

You know, I'm actually not surprised. I guess Soul Bro's dreams have been thwarted again. :)

--Freyja Wion
Kratos

Is there a link, or something? I can't find word of it at all, and while I know that hearing nothing isn't exactly a great sign about the status of a production, it's not a confirmation of cancellation either. You'd think that would be reasonably big news on sites that report on Gundam goings-on.
Chris
Administrator

Kratos wrote:Is there a link, or something? I can't find word of it at all, and while I know that hearing nothing isn't exactly a great sign about the status of a production, it's not a confirmation of cancellation either. You'd think that would be reasonably big news on sites that report on Gundam goings-on.
There's probably some vagueness in what I was talking about. I was referring to Akira, not Gundam.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Kratos

OH. Oh, okay, yeah, I was confused there. Sorry.

Not surprised, and honestly a little relieved. That was a movie that really, really didn't need to happen.