Topic Submission Thread Mark II

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
kayone73

Re: Topic Submission Thread Mark II

Not sure if it's been mentioned already, but a segment on the Tekkeman Blade TV series, aka Detonator Orgun redux.
Raptor

Thought of this one some time back, but have yet to post it.

If things had gone differently, and the roles of Songstress/Idol/Singer/Rock Artist(Basara) and Pilot/Soldier had been reversed, which would have been the most successful? Would Altoh have made a good star? Would Kira have... nevermind. He would still be Kira, but you get the point. Just a thought.

-Raptor, out.
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I'm going to have ten people run across a field, five of which I believe have superior qualities. I shall then toss a grenade in front of them to see who survives even though that course of action might kill all the people I wanted to save.
gundamtype0

How about a list of your favorite characters that have "mystery cough up blood disease?"
Mu La Flaga

Anime Spoitlight on Tomino's other works you have mentioned.

Like 'Space Runaway Ideon', you've mentioned it but not discussed it more in depth yet.
Same for 'Zambot 3'.

Since they are Tomino's other infamous 'kill em all' works.
GoodRamen

deleted
Last edited by GoodRamen on Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ocho

I might be rather foolish for suggesting this as I know how mahq nation and chris feel about this series. However It has been said to be "the greatest representation of japanese animation". From it's religious ambiguous tones to it's young character's ineptitude, Neon Genesis Evangelion should most definitely be reviewed... at least on the 100th episode.
"I... I won't die alone. I'm gonna take your soul along with me when I go.""Because of your stupidity the earth remains trampled under the feet of fools."
Silverfox_Blade

I'd be interested to see a discussion and comparison between the few and far between 'Western' mecha works, such as Exo Squad and Battletech (in all it's forms, Animated show, novels, games, etc), Heavy Gear, Jovian Chronicles etc. and mecha in general in the west as they appear in various movies and such, and how they're different and similar to the depictions of mecha in anime and other mediums in Japanese culture.
Mu La Flaga

Ok here goes my idea.
Over the years and various incarnations of Gundam we've had all sorts of Gundams and usually each one brings something interesting to the table so why not look at them and discuss them in brief?

The RX-78-2 it was the first and brought up the Core Fighter idea.
Then we have the Zeta the first transformable model Gundam.
We have ZZ(a transformer and core fighter using Gundam) a hybrid of the 2 and also used armor add ons.
CCA the Nu Gundam, the first one have to Funnels/Fin Funnels.
F91 the the first to use the After Image idea.
Victory had the wings of light and beam shields and other things.
G Gundam the first Gundam with Super elements to them.

Then we have Wing, X, SEED, SEED Destiny, 00 ect.

Not to mention the OAVs/OVAs which had the Gundam Alex the Gundam GPO3 and GP02A, the RX-79.

Also I do want to make a note you don't have to limit this to hero Gundams alone in some cases if you consider them revolutionary.
Mu La Flaga

What would you guys say after recently hearing him on the ANN Cast Lightning Count linked to.
It would be interesting if you guys could get Jerry Chu on for an interview with him and all that.

Even though it might be redundant since Chris did a phone interview with him once.
TheSuspiciousRedLamp

How about this:

Every single main characters of the Gundam franchise are being replaced by you (Chris, Neo and SBR). How would you act? Would you do the same things that they did? Would you change some little things? Would you hook-up with any particular female character (or guy if it's your kind of thing...)?

BTW: I though of it as a mailbag question, but I figured it would be too long.
"Revenge for all those height gags. Every time he's called me "Hamster.""
"This is for every time you've been late and lost."
"All the times you drove into the back of my Cadillac."

The D.D.D. Podcast at your diservice.
the Gatekeeper
Location: The Endless Illusion, a paradise for fools. A place for lost souls where savage dreams abound.

You have given your opinions on living in the Gundam universes, now, what about OTHER mecha-anime universes (Full Metal Panic!, Patlabor, Super Robot Wars (don't forget Shadow Mirror), VOTOMS, Escaflowne, Dunbine, Layzner (Evangelion ha ha

Then, during a Q & A, in some event in Europe (I think) Ryosuke Takahashi was asked about the difference between mecha-anime in the 80's and mecha-anime now; His answer was something akin to, "well, in the 80's we all wanted to make our mecha anime different so that the toys would stand out, but now all mecha-anime could just be made to be the same thing over and over because the Otaku would just lap it up no matter what" (I agree with him and it really is a shame) So basically: What is your opinion on this horrific ordeal, compare older anime with the new flavor. The website heard this from was specifically comparing VOTOMS to Code Geass at the time.

Thank you Gundamn
Last edited by the Gatekeeper on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Men, they're all idiots. All you have to do is wear something tight, wave your ass at them and they're yours."

-Suzuka Hime (Mugen no Frontier)

... Are we that predictable?
ninshadow

Here is my idea.

Since there books on how to survive a zombie apocalypse, what would you guys put in a surviving a robot apocalypse book/manual/pamphlet? Also what would the title of it be? i.e. “Robopocalypse for Dummies” or “The Matrix Movie Was Right” or "Robot Uprising by (Jon Stewart)".
NastyNate

I think it would be fun to do something similar to the recent topic by switching main characters from one gundam show to another or even switching a main from macross to a gundam series. Something like what if kira was the main of Gundam 00 and Setsuna was in seed.

Also still waiting on Gundam, Macross and music topic.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
TheMechaMessiah

This one is for the ladies :twisted:
Spoiler
Topic Title: Gundamn's Ideal Mecha Husband-o

Description: A discussion based around who each member of Gundamn would pick to be their ideal mecha husbands and what the ideal mecha husband would be. You are permitted to have multiple potential husbands so feel free to drag this out as long as possible.

tldr; Imagine a world where you are a crazy mecha fan-girl. Now tell us your who husbando is & why.
J A 38

Not sure if something like this was posted yet, but I think it would be a fun topic.

What would Gundamn's All-Star Gundam team be? You guys can list the ship they're on, who the captain is, which Gundams would be on the ship, who the pilots are, the mechanic, doctor, bridge bunnies, even the chef! You could even have the characters who are back at the secret base designing the next line of mechs and the OS to go with it.

You could just pick all the over powered suits or try to figure out which ones would work well together. Maybe mix and match pilots with suits they never operated. I would say to limit it to up to 5 Gundams plus a few support vehicles/suits.

You could each do your own or throw out nominations and decide on the best ones, but most of all have fun with it.
Gundam420

What mobile suits would you pilot from each series and how would you use them? You can choose one Gundam, one non-Gundam (ex. Quebeley, Sinanju, Tallgeese, Zeydra, etc.) type suit, and one grunt suit.
PSN: (Japan Account) gundaminator
animalia

If you were to do an anime spotlight of an Evangelion incarnation i'd ask you to do the "perfect edition"/black dvd case version, while i would not MIND seeing anime spotlights for Renewal Of Evangelion/platinum edition & the director's cut episodes it is not really necessary as they are mostly remasters with little to no new footage.

P.S. What i would like most about a spotlight on this is to hear you guys talk about the good parts of the anime along with the bad.
Mu La Flaga

animalia wrote:If you were to do an anime spotlight of an Evangelion incarnation i'd ask you to do the "perfect edition"/black dvd case version, while i would not MIND seeing anime spotlights for Renewal Of Evangelion/platinum edition & the director's cut episodes it is not really necessary as they are mostly remasters with little to no new footage.

P.S. What i would like most about a spotlight on this is to hear you guys talk about the good parts of the anime along with the bad.
You do know how slim the chances of that happening are, don't you?
Extremely slim.
animalia

Mu La Flaga wrote:
animalia wrote:If you were to do an anime spotlight of an Evangelion incarnation i'd ask you to do the "perfect edition"/black dvd case version, while i would not MIND seeing anime spotlights for Renewal Of Evangelion/platinum edition & the director's cut episodes it is not really necessary as they are mostly remasters with little to no new footage.

You do know how slim the chances of that happening are, don't you?
Extremely slim.
A guy can dream, can he not.
Mu La Flaga

you can just don't say I didn't warn you if Neo and Chris shoot it down in flames :P
They like to do that to the hopers and dreamers.