Random Mecha/Anime Video Thread: Round 5

The place to share your artwork.
Vent Noir

Re: Random Mecha/Anime Video Thread: Round 5

Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Wingnut

I'd say about 90% off hand, if only by name thanks to them showing up in various SRW games.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
DuelGundam2099

*cracks knuckles* Going by first appearance and in chronological order:

0079 Gundam, Brave Raideen, Dunbine, Zeorymer, G Gundam, Gundam 00, King Gainer, Zambot 3, God Mars, Dai-Guard, SRW The Inspector, ?, Gundam SEED, Grendizer, Gaiking Legend of Daiku Maryu, Giant Robo, Dancouga, Brygar, Combattler V, Nadesico Prince of Darkness, ?, ?, Evangelion, RahXephon, Full Metal Panic, Eureka Seven, Xabungle, Voltes V, Getter Robo, Shin Mazinger Impact, Dragonar, Gravion, ?, ?, Code Geass, Gundam SEED Astray, Godannar, ACE R's Crossbone Gundam, Mazinger Z, Aquarion, God Sigma, ?, Daltanious, Macross: DYRL, ?, 08th MS Team, Gundam Wing, Macross Plus, SEED Destiny Stargazer, Jushin Liger, Gundam 0080, Zeta Gundam (compilation version), SPT Layzner, Steel Jeeg, ?, Shin Getter Robo vs. Neo Getter Robo, Guren Lagann, Tekkaman Blade, Ryu Knight, Nadesico, Turn A Gundam, Orguss, Dunbine Tales of Neo Byston Well, Steel God Jeeg, Escaflowne, Virtual On, Macross Frontier, F91 Gundam, Susainger, Gunigar? (I know it's J9 part 3, name I forget specifically), VOTOMS Pailsen Files, VOTOMS Roots of Ambition, VOTOMS, Full Metal Panic Fumoffu, Full Metal Panic The Second Raid, DanGaiOh, ?, ?, Daimos, Big O, Linebarrels of Iron, Gundam 0083, Macross Zero, ?, Zoids Genesis, Gundam SEED Destiny, Dancouga Nova, ?, Mazinkaiser vs. Great General of Darkness, Golion, Iczer 3, GaoGaiGar, New Getter Robo, ?, Iczer 1, Tokibage (I think), Gundam X, Fafner, Gun X Sword, ?, ZZ Gundam, Macross 7, L. Gaim, ?, Dendoh, Goshogun, Victory Gundam, Daiku Maryu Gaiking, Detonator Orgun, ?, Baldios, ? (either God Bless or Blazing Epilogue Dancouga), Gundam Wing Endless Waltz, Betterman, Daioja (I think), Brain Powerd, Daitarn 3, Trider G7, Raijin-Oh, Rebuild of Evangelion 2.0, Gravion Zwei, Ideon, Gunbuster, GaoGaiGar FINAL, Daiteioh, Char's Counterattack, Getter Robo Armageddon, Getter Robo G, Mazinkaiser, Great Mazinger, and Mazinger Z vs. Devilman.

With the sole exceptions of God Sigma, the J9 trilogy, Tokibage, Dendoh, Tekkaman Blade, Golion, Daioja, Trider G7, Raijin-Oh, Daltanious, the original Gaiking, and Jushin Liger I have seen everything in that list that is not a question mark. Not counting Virtual On or ACE R since they're games and I still need to watch the last eight episodes of Xabungle, but my point still stands.
Vent Noir

Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Heretic

That might have made both of those shows much more tolerable.
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
Wingnut

Personally I prefer the Warship Voyager style as an alternative.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Heretic

DuelGundam2099 wrote:I don't get it, Voyager was bad?
at the risk of starting a debate that doesn't belong here. I found much of it to be to soap-opera and not enough Space-Opera. "Oh Tom, I love you but I can't reconcile with my alien heritage and I have abandonment issues because my human father left me and my Klingon mother when I was a child." Captain Janeway had her moments but her character spent to much time tying to be either "I'm a professional woman captain in a man captain's world" or "I should be everyone's mother figure on this ship."

The show would have been much better if they used more of the, "To hell with trying to play nice with people who don't want to. We have weapons, let's use them" /off topic
Kyuzo Aoi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=427EwgyIgMI

I wonder if this was posted before, but now, thanks to this, Banjo Ginga officially is the king of Large Ham!

Sieg Ginga!
I am a Gundam!
pk-man
Location: receiving faxes in the washroom, on Deck 9 aboard White Base

Whoever made this should be brought to the firing squad

As a Chinese, I am extremely embarrassed.......
Heretic

pk-man wrote:Whoever made this should be brought to the firing squad

As a Chinese, I am extremely embarrassed.......
I don't know, those three little kids in the Freedom's head used far less beam spam to take out the characters from Monsters Vs Aliens
Hyakushiki

Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
Vent Noir

From TGWTG.com, Iron Liz has now reviewed all four editions of the Battletech/Mechwarrior RPG:

1st Edition
2nd Edition
3rd Edition
4th Edition
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

Zeta Superior

Now, I'm not quite sure if this has been posted in this thread, or any previous threads, but I do love a good remix now and then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDYHPWBWBhE

Now to wait for them to remix the other themes from Endless Duel...
"When a man strays from the right path, a kind man must have the courage to raise his fist and correct them."
-Jamil Neate, After War Gundam X
Vent Noir

Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

Antares

Ponies are serious business. Posted because I know ShadowCell is into at least one of these shows. I don't know accurate this is in the Pony-world, but at least sufficiently well mixed together to be amusing. ;)
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Heretic

surprisingly accurate. Curses, I think my love of one show will get me watching the other.