Rinne no Lagrange Discussion Thread

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
quasadra

Re: Rinne no Lagrange Discussion Thread

yuri is fine too. and muginami will certainly join in.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Destiny_Gundam

Vent Noir wrote:Just wanted to say that I'm really enjoying this show so far. Not my favourite of the new season (that's be Mouretsu Pirates), but it's up there.
I like Lagrange more because, unlike Moretsu Pirates, stuff actually happens.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Ryujin

No giant robot fighting (that's next episode), but this episode had its share of conflict nevertheless.
Spoiler
That was pretty harsh of Villawhatsis, but Muginami sort of had it coming, too. Now the question is, did Villaguy mean it, or is it his version of 'tough love.'
Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Vent Noir wrote:Just wanted to say that I'm really enjoying this show so far. Not my favourite of the new season (that's be Mouretsu Pirates), but it's up there.
I like Lagrange more because, unlike Moretsu Pirates, stuff actually happens.
I like both in equal measures. :D
Destiny_Gundam

Spoiler
I think it's obvious he didn't mean it. After hearing how much fun she was having with Madoka he probably wanted her to stay and continue enjoying a normal life outside of Kiss.

I'll admit that for her smugness, I kind of enjoyed seeing Muginami shot down a few pegs.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Gyra Solune

This show now has the dubious honor of having the prettiest event to induce evil laughter ever.

I think.
DuelGundam2099

Just watched the first episode out of boredom, seems okay thus far.
Ryujin

Well, that's it, and on to the one-season hiatus.
Spoiler
See you next time, BAI-BAI.
Also, being Lan is still suffering, and Moid has one heckuva >:) reactionface.
Gyra Solune

I do hope Viz is putting up Season 2 subs as well. The trailer for it seems intriguing.
Ryujin

It's nice to be back in Kamogawa.

--Chairs by the seashore.
--Baka trio running a beachside cafe.
--Giant floating base over yonder.
--Villagigolo's wardrobe.
--Lan & Muginami "arguing & making up" as per Muginami's letter.
--Wan!

Season 2 start!
Vent Noir

Caught up on this. Enjoyed Asteria giving Madoka "the talk". (Do GN particles react the same way as Vox Particles, and if so, did Setsuna become an Innovator due to his lack of a sex life? :P

Now to catch up on E7 and Age...
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Ryujin

The past episodes have been quite...eventful, and I didn't expect Muginami to be that good at hand-to-hand combat (especially in comparison to her claims of being a master of disguise).
DuelGundam2099

Master of disguise, expert spy, competent combatant, and good mech pilot; not a lot of female mecha characters manage to do all that, I'm quite impressed. 8) Also, why does Lan's uniform have no pant legs while everyone else from her military, of both genders, does? :?
DuelGundam2099

*pops head in* So.... Nobody else is watching this? Seriously? Well, given the last couple episodes I cannot blame you guys too much since this series acts more like a school anime now. "Oh yeah there is some force that might upset the balance of the government of several solar systems, could bring galactic destruction and anarchy, our boss turns out to be 20,000 years old and knows the full story, and there are still three ancient death machines with dimensional powers that could cause this to happen again; but enough about that! My teacher is going to yell at me for not having a post-graduation paper and we should help the new girl with parade balloons because Christmas is coming!" *face palm*

I'd complain more, but at least Array FINALLY ditches the maid outfit. Anyone else noting the series ends the same day as Gundam Age?
Vent Noir

I am watching (and enjoying it), I just haven't been able to think of anything to say about it.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Ryujin

I am watching and enjoying it as well, and see no reason to quibble about the Jersey Club's actions--it's what they've been doing since the very start, and for all the Vox trio knows, everything's hoighty-toighty now with Dizelmine & Villagiulio and everyone's settled down for some amicable discussion.

But people will be people.

Anyways, looks like things are coming to a head with the next episode, what with Moid skullduggery, Le Garite battlefleets warping in & De Metrio ships crashing from the sky.
DuelGundam2099

So yeah, this week's episode.... Why did Dizelmine go insane? How did the Magultol acquire portal to hell gaining powers? I....... What? I can't complain beyond that though, this was a pretty actiony episode and next week's episode looks like the final showdown will begin. 8)
Ryujin

It's mentioned way back in Episode 13 that, had Dizelmine & Moid continued their experiments with Lan & her Vox, there would have been a very high probability of damage to Lan's personality. Now, in the previous episode, Dizelmine voluntarily undertakes a similar process at the same facility, this time with no unwanted visitors interrupting. As for the Magultol, it's directly connected to what Moid presented to Dizelmine after getting it from the big rock slab.

tl;dr, it's all Moid's fault.

Oh hey, it's the Yurikano ED again.
DuelGundam2099

Well, the final battle was over in one episode. :? At least the action was good and the origin of the voxes are finally revealed even though defeating Magultol by throwing it was an utter cop out. One episode left, really hoping it is not one of those dumb epilogue episodes (although I seriously doubt it will not be).
DuelGundam2099

Well, the series just ended. The first half of the episode was just escaping from Rin-ne and the second half was all epilogue like expected. Could have been better, could have been worse, still better than Gundam Age though. Anyone have thoughts they want to share? Comments?
Ryujin

I enjoyed the concluding episode and the series as a whole, in part because I didn't watch this primarily for giant robot fights -- unlike some attention-deficit retards.

The planetary orbits getting fixed was a bit too convenient, though, although understandable given the nature of the Rin-ne. It was also nice to see that the Voxes continued to be used, instead of being deactivated or kept in some moldy warehouse.

And Moid getting trolled, TWICE, that was GLORIOUS. He didn't even get to finish his flan.