The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Midi_Amp

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk I

SonicSP wrote:
reeoyuy wrote:I was afraid that Double Bullet can't transform due to the lack of picture of said form until now. But it's finally here, and yes, like a Gaplant indeed.
I like that the Twin DODS Cannons are pointing forwards, that part looks nice. Will have to see it from more angles to decide how I feel about the form though. I reckon aerodynamics aren't a big factor in how its going to perform, or factored through another way (like the Flag, who uses an EM Field to make it aerodynamic).
I don't think the Double Bullet mobile armor mode is for use under earth's gravity at all, at best it would be for outer space use. The Age-2 four massive wings should be taken into account that it provides lift, or the artist would have used a simpler smaller wings like Arios' knee wings. Well, given that the latter it's the GN drive that do all the gravity bending action, still, the Age-2 wings are just too much for unnecessary accessory. On the MS mode, it just dangles there on the shoulders doing nothing at all unlike Freedom/S.Freedom (rifle/bits dock/propulsion), Wing (propulsion), Destiny (propulsion), well that much that I can recall.
latenlazy

The wings probably provide extra momentum arms for maneuverability. In another word, AMBAC.
iguanaman8989

It just really seems like the Double Bullet isn't really going to transform. It just seems to me that they're just showing that the kit, being based on the same body as Normal still retains the transforming functions.

That mode kinda looks cobbled together, like it's being done to show that it can be done more than anything. Especially since there isn't any lineart of it in Strider form, just a promo pic of the kit.

Though the anime may surprise me anyway, won't really know until we cross that bridge.
nacho-wan

I was surprised by seeing the new dynamic fighting style of the AGE 1 in hands of Asumo. I thought mobile suits in general have most of ther routines pre-programed, but Asuno used the Age 1 very differently from his father.

Dual wielding aside, he has a more upbeat fighting style. Almost like brawling LOL. Maybe he was part of the wrestling club? Because I don't think he did fencing. The disregard for losing the beam sabers to destroy one enemy while the other was around is dismissal. Luckly the Dorado arm has some internal battery to keep the beam on.
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Arvis Taljik

I think the Double Bullet with the Hyper DODS Rifle on the front would look perfectly fine, plus it would have a ton of firepower considering that it would have three DODS rifles capable of firing at the same time.
SonicSP

From what I've been reading at other forums, the first novelization gives us the acronym word meaning for DODS which is "Drill-Orbital Discharge System".
hitokirigarou

Not sure if these are accurate. Weigand / Vagan MS model designation

First letter
o - mass-produced
x - not mass-produced (one-of-a-kind or custom)

Second letter
v - Vagan

Third letter
v - transformable
m - non-transformable
d - optional equipment

Second part of model designation
f - fighter?
a - assault / attack?
e - optimized for planetary use?
xc - for X-Rounder use
xcr - for X-Rounder use (remodeled / revision)
xd - for X-Rounder use (optional equipment?)
gz - Gira Zoi
zgc - Zeheart Galette custom
dgc - Decil Galette custom
Calubin_175

So the Khronos will be piloted by Desil.

Nice find.
Homeless

It looks to just be 2ch speculation, given it is guessing at the significance of several of the designations and appears to have Farsia's model number wrong. That said, a lot of it certainly seems plausible.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
SonicSP

I do find the Khronos and Zeydra desgination link very possible though, even if this is just someone speculating.
Gelgoog Jager

Regarding the new OP, I noticed a few odd units:

-The AGE-2 is seen destroying a yellow Dorado, which I suppose could simply be an equivalent of the purple Gafran from the first episodes, an above average grunt.

-Besides engaging a Baqto, the two Adeles are also engaging a Zedas briefly seen in AM mode. While Decil unit has some parts painted in a lighter gray and Zeheart's unit has red parts, this unit has yellow/golden parts. I suppose it could be either the unit of a third vagan X-rounder or maybe even a mass produced model of the Zedas since it's seen engaging the Divas grunt units.
SonicSP

Gundam AGE-3 Wear Parts

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-jufZlH_9kWg/T ... 00/123.jpg

There's 2 sets apparently.
Arbiter GUNDAM

That AGE-3 is looking a little ZZ-ish.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
DuelGundam2099

AGE-2 doesn't get another wear part? AGE-3 also seems more Seravee-ish if you ask me or at least with the first set, the other looks familiar but I can't put my finger on exactly.
SonicSP

DuelGundam2099 wrote:AGE-2 doesn't get another wear part? AGE-3 also seems more Seravee-ish if you ask me or at least with the first set, the other looks familiar but I can't put my finger on exactly.
Some people seems to be comparing it a bit to Reborns Gundam from 00. I get reminded a bit of Harute from some parts of the legs though.

And I don't think we know whether AGE-2 will get another armor set or not, they can still reveal it later if they wanted to but at the moment evidence suggests it to be unlikely (though still possible since they can change the OP video anytime), considering that it hasn't been presented in the OP or in promotional material and the next main mech's alternate wears have been revealed.

I like the two forms but now I'm a bit worried about the screentime these armors are going to get.

I wonder whether one of these was the silhouette we saw in the supposed AGE-2's third form was actually one of this?
Arsarcana

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:That AGE-3 is looking a little ZZ-ish.
Yeah, we saw that way back with that leaked image that turned out to be real. The wear parts confirm the idea mentioned in that picture that the AGE-3 is a combining mecha. I wonder, people have been speculating about Unoa ever since she popped up without any warning. If the components can be operated separately, I wouldn't be too surprised if Kio turns out to have a cousin who acts as a secondary pilot.
Arvis Taljik

SonicSP wrote:Gundam AGE-3 Wear Parts

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-jufZlH_9kWg/T ... 00/123.jpg

There's 2 sets apparently.
At least from appearances the AGE-3's wears will focus on heavy firepower (ala Seravee) and speed (ala Harute). Hopefully the heavy firepower one has something akin to Seravee's Twin Buster Cannon for maximum Veigan destruction ability lol.
Midi_Amp

Arsarcana wrote:
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:That AGE-3 is looking a little ZZ-ish.
Yeah, we saw that way back with that leaked image that turned out to be real. The wear parts confirm the idea mentioned in that picture that the AGE-3 is a combining mecha. I wonder, people have been speculating about Unoa ever since she popped up without any warning. If the components can be operated separately, I wouldn't be too surprised if Kio turns out to have a cousin who acts as a secondary pilot.
Actually it's very different than the leaked concept image we saw last year. The leaked image concept was through and through ZZ restyling, complete with similar color theme, and visual identifiers like big winged shoulder, protruding knee and a BFG.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/a724b0150038333

The new image preview is more unique and more Gundam 00 in style, although I do prefer the BFG wielding leaked concept, ZZ and all.
SonicSP wrote:
DuelGundam2099 wrote:AGE-2 doesn't get another wear part? AGE-3 also seems more Seravee-ish if you ask me or at least with the first set, the other looks familiar but I can't put my finger on exactly.
Some people seems to be comparing it a bit to Reborns Gundam from 00. I get reminded a bit of Harute from some parts of the legs though.

And I don't think we know whether AGE-2 will get another armor set or not, they can still reveal it later if they wanted to but at the moment evidence suggests it to be unlikely (though still possible since they can change the OP video anytime), considering that it hasn't been presented in the OP or in promotional material and the next main mech's alternate wears have been revealed.

I like the two forms but now I'm a bit worried about the screentime these armors are going to get.

I wonder whether one of these was the silhouette we saw in the supposed AGE-2's third form was actually one of this?
I got the feeling each generation AGE will have a minimum of two set of armors, per the original model, totaling three variants for each generation. In show, to respond various threat a single form of MS can't solve, cool factor and plot device. In business... To sell more model kits with minimal retooling. The latter, is heaven sent for me as I collect every model of the series and I plan to complete the whole line (HG only).

About model kits, I see that the preview image has price information, any explanation what are those prices for? Seems a bit cheap for High Grade model and a bit expensive for Advance Grade. There's also that "plus" sign, are the top and bottom armor parts sold separately?
Arsarcana

True, but that's the wear parts, the AGE-3 Normal will probably look more or less like the leaked art in the same way that the AGE-2 Normal we have now isn't radically different from the leaked design. Of what we can see of the core, the v-fin looks a bit different and the vents in the torso appear to be missing (while the AGE-2 picked up a pair) but the general idea isn't too altered. Actually, the art looks like even the core block changes a bit between versions. At least, the coloring of the bit right above the 'Age' crest is blue on one and white on the other.

About the prices, these appear to be for the 'Gageing Builders' line. I don't know much about it but aren't those intended for mixing and matching parts? Might be they're selling them separately for that reason, since the silhouette suggests that the whole ensemble is intended to operate as a single unit in-series.

Oh yes, it also implies that the two sets of parts don't have fixed names yet and that the top version is an all-terrain hover type (which also happens to pack lots of guns) while the bottom is a space-use high-mobility type.
Midi_Amp

Arsarcana wrote:True, but that's the wear parts, the AGE-3 Normal will probably look more or less like the leaked art in the same way that the AGE-2 Normal we have now isn't radically different from the leaked design. Of what we can see of the core, the v-fin looks a bit different and the vents in the torso appear to be missing (while the AGE-2 picked up a pair) but the general idea isn't too altered. Actually, the art looks like even the core block changes a bit between versions. At least, the coloring of the bit right above the 'Age' crest is blue on one and white on the other.

About the prices, these appear to be for the 'Gageing Builders' line. I don't know much about it but aren't those intended for mixing and matching parts? Might be they're selling them separately for that reason, since the silhouette suggests that the whole ensemble is intended to operate as a single unit in-series.

Oh yes, it also implies that the two sets of parts don't have fixed names yet and that the top version is an all-terrain hover type (which also happens to pack lots of guns) while the bottom is a space-use high-mobility type.
Ah thanks for the confirmation.

Interesting that the top and bottom wear parts are transformable individually. At first I was imagining something similar to the original ZZ with the not-neo core system attaching to the bottom part or the top part. Because I dislike separate transformable MS like the S-Gundam, or the Bawoo or Zolo *shudders*. In MS mode, everything is perfect, but transformed to their separate MA mode *double shudders*, everything just look like an afterthought, especially the bottom leg parts. Let's see what anime magic the AGE-3 will pull.