Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors XI

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
duke4799

Re: Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors XI

I still say it's a bit niche as far as marketing power.
Until Next Time: Happy Building!
-Joe
Joe's Gunpla

Want to Buy LM Leo or Taurus from Gundam Wing, built or unbuilt! Willing to pay big!
reeoyuy

blind_dead_mcjones wrote: but if they made a 2.0 of the strike those launcher and sword packs may not neccessarily fit anymore, neccessitating the release of launcher/sword striker pack 2.0
I'm sure Strike 2.0 will be compatible with previously released packs, that's the most logical choice from business standpoint. Even more so if you look at how modern and totally beecraft-ed sword/launcher packs are compared to more anime-accurate old MG Strike. If anything, one of many reason to create Strike 2.0 is so it can match the sword/launcher packs modern style.
valkyriepilot

case in point: MG MkII v2.0 is compatible with the G-Defenser from the v1.0 release. admittedly, the connection point for this is quite simple compared to the Striker packs, but as was already mentioned, this is one way for older kits to still be viable in spite of the newer kits released.
reeoyuy

Oh my, Aegis is totally sexy. And Buster, as expected, got gun enlargement.

I don't think we'll see their 3D prototypes for a while though, but the lineart got me totally hooked.
valkyriepilot

i'm lovin the changes they made with the Buster 8)
Raiden

No love for Blitz XD.

Loving the lineart, looks pretty sleek. Especially Aegis.

I bet they will throw us something unexpected in the summer at Shizuoka perhaps.
Dark Duel

Raiden wrote:No love for Blitz XD.
No point in changing a design that's already perfect.
But I really like the Blitz; I never was much of a fan of the Buster, but I AM LOVING how sleek and sexy the Aegis looks.
I may end up picking that one up...though I'd have to do something about that eye-watering shade of pink it is...Thinking red, perhaps. Or maybe just go totally off the wall and do black.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Heecarl_Reez

Is there any major redesign involved on Super Strike Gundam? If not, I'm not too sure at the ver 2.0 release of MG Strike then. Maybe not the best example, but If we are looking at Wing MG case, Wing/Wing Zero ver. Ka haven't got their ver 2.0 treatment (yet??) even though they have the opportunity to release it with these new Frame, instead they released the same kit with different box (and some additional parts). I think they will take the same 're-boxing' route with MG Strike, but maybe I'm underestimating SEED's power (or Bandai). :P

Speaking of lineart, Aegis, and Blitz looks good. Not too fond of Buster, but maybe it'll change when I see it in colored form.

Also:
- RG Skygrasper
- MG Unicorn Unit 2- Banshee ver. Ka (Green Psycoframe) , Bandai Hobby Online shop only.
blind_dead_mcjones

^ compared to the other SEED MG kits the strike looks a tad bulky, so a 2.0 would probably involve slimming it down some, changing the hands and shoulders (mainly to do away with the screws in the shoulders) addition of a stomach joint, fine tuning the panel lining a bit espceially around the mouth vents, the beam rifle would need to be redone to bring it in line with the new hands and the PG/RG design, and maybe a new aile striker pack as well

in short it would be almost a complete redesign

on the subject of lineart, definately digging the aegis (especially how the servos for mobile armour mode are exposed on the torso and waist) the blitz also looks sleek as hell, and maybe after it comes out we may finally get the MG gold frame amatu (and if not there's always kitbashing...)
Flag Fighter for life!
Arsarcana

Dark Duel wrote:I may end up picking that one up...though I'd have to do something about that eye-watering shade of pink it is...Thinking red, perhaps. Or maybe just go totally off the wall and do black.
I've never understood why all the merchandise insists on coloring the suit pink when it was a distinctly reddish shade on-screen.
blind_dead_mcjones

Arsarcana wrote:
Dark Duel wrote:I may end up picking that one up...though I'd have to do something about that eye-watering shade of pink it is...Thinking red, perhaps. Or maybe just go totally off the wall and do black.
I've never understood why all the merchandise insists on coloring the suit pink when it was a distinctly reddish shade on-screen.
did you take into account the possibility that the red areas on it were for lighting/shadow effect purposes?

also there's this
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/seed/gat-x303.htm

definitely looks pink to me, granted its more on the darkish side of the colour but it's still pink

how about we just split the difference and say its lightish-red? :P
Flag Fighter for life!
Arvis Taljik

Is there any information on whether the 1/48 AGE-2 Gundam can transform into Strider Mode?
Heecarl_Reez

http://blog.yahoo.com/cybergundam/articles/616835/index

The description fro Mega Size Model Age-2 Normal didn't mention anything about transformation. So, seems like it can't..

EDIT:

MG Duel Official Images http://blog.yahoo.com/cybergundam/articles/617968/index
reeoyuy

Heecarl_Reez wrote: MG Duel Official Images http://blog.yahoo.com/cybergundam/articles/617968/index
Beautiful. It's the same feeling I have when I saw MG Force Impulse for the first time. Now that's proper MG treatment! Old Wing ver.Ka still looks alright when posing together with newer EW MGs but Strike and Duel together will show serious design differences. All more reason for Strike 2.0.
Dark Duel

Heecarl_Reez wrote:MG Duel Official Images http://blog.yahoo.com/cybergundam/articles/617968/index
Oh my GAWD, that's beautiful. The more I see of this thing, the more I want it.
Plus the boxart looks kickass.
I'll DEFINITELY be picking up one of these.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
duke4799

Wow... to say they took some liberties with the details would be a drastic understatement... I LIKE IT!!!
-Joe
Joe's Gunpla

Want to Buy LM Leo or Taurus from Gundam Wing, built or unbuilt! Willing to pay big!
SNT1

I kinda said to myself at the beginning of the year: "I'm only buying 3 Master Grades this year, one more than last year." I already bought an MG Sandrock this year. Now I have to pick the last two from an incredible 2011 lineup (00 Raiser, 007S, Delta+, other various Wing MGs), plus Heavyarms and now, this awesome Duel AS.

heeeeelp
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
blind_dead_mcjones

wait a minute...are my eyes decieving me or does it have the same hand design as the wing series MG's?

*shrugs* either way its almost definately on the must get list now, i liked the fact that they asymmetrical design of the assault shroud gave it an armored core-ish feel
Flag Fighter for life!
duke4799

*poof* *appears dressed in red on SNT1's left shoulder*

Why only limit yourself to 3 Master Grades? Surely, one or two more won't be so bad...
/devil's advocate

In all honesty, I totally understand. I spent a RIDICULOUS amount of money on Gunpla last year, and I decided I'm cutting that number by 2/3. If I buy just what I compulsively want to from the 2012 line-up announced so far, I've spent nearly all of it...

Curse being an adult and making adult financial decisions!
-Joe
Joe's Gunpla

SNT1

^It's not much a financial issue (ok, take that back---it is, MG prices are damn ridiculous these days) but also a time and space issue (sounded more cosmic than it really should). Thing is, with a full-time job, other hobbies and activities, I could never really lock down and dedicate significant time for gunpla. I think a backlog of 10+ kits is already overkill for me, and that includes kits that I haven't touched in 3+ years, but no intention of getting rid of them.

Right now I'm building an MG ReZEL and it probably takes a week to trim / clean up about 10 pieces...

Maybe I need a damn raise. Last time I got one, I got a celebratory MG Ex-S (still MISB, go figure)

Also, I said nothing about 1/144 HG kits :mrgreen:
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/