The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk II

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
balofo

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk II

Calubin_175 wrote:Haven't read the full article yet, but it did mention that some of the Doven Wolf pilots whom left Axis at the end of 0089 became space pirates and then later joined Frontal's faction. I think the pirates status refers to the event from Evolve.

These IDTC are confusing me now. I know that it is a third party(freelance writer) source, similar to the Master Archives series. But this is the first IDTC article that ties in with a the Bande Desinee version of the story, which cannot quite coexist with the anime version. Either way there is no official canon lol, all three versions, the novel, anime and Bande Desinee are all equally as appealing, and the extend of their similarities are better than that of Zeta Gundam's quad-media versions(TV, novel, manga, movie).

I would also like to confirm whether the ReZEL G-Defensor articles were from IDTC? If so, then these articles are meant to refer to the collective Unicorn franchise.
ReZEL G-Defensor articles are also from the IDTC column. Fingers crossed for Doven Wolf in OVA 5 or 6 and HGUC :D

calubin does the IDTC also appear to mention that the beam saber doubles as a beam cannon as this pic?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/71 ... 15472.jpg/
Calubin_175

Yes, the rear end can be used as a beam cannon when attached.
balofo

Calubin_175 wrote:Yes, the rear end can be used as a beam cannon when attached.
Attached to the rack on the waist? So it fires from the back, as a rear defense weapon? The Doven Wolf sure is a walking arsenal, how could Neo Zeon lose with this?

Fun fact: The incoms are never used on-screen in neither ZZ or Evolve, but they should be the unit's main feature :D
Wingnut

balofo wrote:Fun fact: The incoms are never used on-screen in neither ZZ or Evolve, but they should be the unit's main feature :D
They were used in Evolve by one DW to try and surround Judau in the ZZ. It didn't work though.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
nacho-wan

How come nobody has mentioned the Banshee with the green frame? I was quite surprised to read about a new MG ver ka. Banshee Final Battle version. I though only the Unicorn was able to turn green, besides
Spoiler
didn't you requiere a newtype pilot to enable NT-D? I can't believe that Ridhee convenientedly turns into a NW
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
flamingtroll

The psychoframe turns green when it resonated with that of the Unicorn as depicted in the novel covers for vol 9 and 10

http://www.gundam-unicorn.net/novel/pro ... img_08.jpg

As for Riddhe
Spoiler
He received some degree of cyber-newtype enhancement in order to pilot Banshee against the Unicorn.
Calubin_175

According to the Robot Damashii weapon listing, the Banshee might have a beam rifle, shield and beam bazooka. We'll just need to wait till May for the big reveal.
balofo

Calubin_175 wrote:According to the Robot Damashii weapon listing, the Banshee might have a beam rifle, shield and beam bazooka. We'll just need to wait till May for the big reveal.
They are either the Armored Armor mislabeled or
Spoiler
the weapons Riddhe will use while in Unicorn mode, since he can't activate the psycoframe making the Armored Armors useless
balofo

http://i.imgur.com/wtjoS.jpg

EXTREMELY disappointed with Full Frontal's Custom Geara Doga, it's just a recolor with a Geara Zulu Beam Machine Gun. Look at all those Delta kai forms!
nacho-wan

balofo wrote:http://i.imgur.com/wtjoS.jpg

EXTREMELY disappointed with Full Frontal's Custom Geara Doga, it's just a recolor with a Geara Zulu Beam Machine Gun. Look at all those Delta kai forms!
The funny thing is that it is using the color scheme of Char's Zaku. Thankfully he didn't find a Hizack beam rifle or he'll be using that
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
balofo

Frontal's Doga has Kick Kai attack :D

Delta Kai equipment:
-Explosive Bolt
-Hi Mega cannon
-Mega Machine Canon
E08

Not sure if this info has been posted before, according to Gundam UC Ace 2 Dreissen manga, Dreissen's beam lance and beam tomahawk's output has been doubled. Although its performance cannot match the newer units, Dreissen's armour is still superior and can take 1/2 beam shots without problem. I suppose this is supported by how many shots it takes to destroy that 1 Dreissen fighting Unicorn.

According to the manga, it seems that the pilot of that Dreissen knows that he wil be facing Unicorn.
Calubin_175

The HG manual said the Tomahawk blade can be increased by one fold when linked with the lancer. I am guessing that it channels the lancer energy onto the tomahawk.

Due to the Dreissen's excessive armor, output and propulsion for its time, it isn't (too) behind newer models and hence doesn't need much of an upgrade.
DuelGundam2099

Might as well ask; where exactly on the Shamblo are it's supposed missile launchers? I know it is stated to have them in both the novel and OVA versions, but I don't remember seeing them be used in battle (if it even did) and even the Gundam Wiki does not refer to them.
balofo

DuelGundam2099 wrote:Might as well ask; where exactly on the Shamblo are it's supposed missile launchers? I know it is stated to have them in both the novel and OVA versions, but I don't remember seeing them be used in battle (if it even did) and even the Gundam Wiki does not refer to them.
It has no missiles or torpedoes(strangely enough for a amphibious MA) in the OVA. I have seen torpedoes listed on novel profiles, but don't know how accurate they are.
balofo

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/708/stein.jpg/

Looks like the Sinanju Stein's Shield has 4 red missiles and a Beam Cannon apparently.
J-Lead

balofo wrote:http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/708/stein.jpg/

Looks like the Sinanju Stein's Shield has 4 red missiles and a Beam Cannon apparently.
It's channeling Nu Gundam in that regard, or at least it's shield.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
balofo

Krake Zulu from Bande Desinee: Zeong prototype leg booster and 2 Rozen Zulu shields on huge arms

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/71 ... 10578.jpg/

Grey Garuda this time:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/84 ... 06437.jpg/

Expect official website profiles on the 25th
nacho-wan

The krake Zulu is the nasties rose in the sleeves garden. But I wonder, there was need for a faster flower (the zeong busters)? This seems something out of Mythbusters, a myshap made to see if is possible to assamble it.
-Henry I. Miller
Homeless

The official site's added profiles for the Anksha and Garuda.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain