What's Your Current Anime? Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Dark Duel

Re: What's Your Current Anime? Mk III

Oh GOD, I really need to track down the episodes of Victory Gundam I haven't seen yet; The ones I did were great, and I really want to finish it.
Actually, it's been so long I may end up watching it all over again from the beginning.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
DuelGundam2099

I found Golion eps thanks to Crunchyroll! With that I watched episode 3 and I have to say, while I am no stranger to monsters of the week having a pair of pectoral drills, were the animators trying to make subtext on how erect they can make nipples or something? :lol: I'm not joking, this deathblack had nipple drills (quite disturbing), no wonder Toei does not have a name for it.
Mu La Flaga

Episodes 19 to 26 of Bubblegum Crisis Tokoyo 2040.
Still see why I really liked this series all in all.
Mu La Flaga

Gundam 00 Episodes 18 to 25 and that finishes off Season 1.
Next time I move on to season 2.
DuelGundam2099

I got one quarter through Golion and I have to say it is a text book example on how Tadao Nagahama makes a grizzly, grim, and gruesome series (you know, for kids!) even though he died before this was even made. The Demon Empire from Raideen had excessive violence under Barao's command, the Campbellian Empire from Combattler V used children as bait to die and parents as monsters, the Boazan Empire from Voltes V exploited under handed tactics at every chance they had, the Baam Empire from Daimos was genocide crazy, and now in this series the Galra Empire uses their slaves as food for their creatures and other slaves. Just.... Wow (I wonder how violent Daltanious must be).

That said, I am enjoying the series quite a bit for it's dark tones and fight scenes.
Mu La Flaga

Gundam 00 Season 2 episodes 1 to 8.

Ok this has really caught my interest in comparisson to season 1.
Nice to see some new characters, old characters having changed or grown up a little.
For instance Soma/Marie and how she has a connection with Allejulah.

Also I like the new Gundam and MS designs.
And Saji was a little annoying at the start.
Mickeymac92

At this point I'm just procrastinating so I don't have to watch the most depressing show on earth. Anyways:

Hunter X Hunter ep 6-13 - This is easily the best and worst Shonen anime I've ever seen. There's hardly any action in it, yet it's characters make it so that I don't even care half the time. With that said, it seems that the tournament's coming up, and I'm highly anticipating it, especially after the huge build up they've had.

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE ep 1-12 - As much as I'm enjoying this, I'm still a bit disappointed by it. It has so many opportunities to be great, which instead it just does well enough. I'll go into more detail in the Gundam AGE thread, but really, despite my complaints I'm looking forward to watching more.

Bleach ep 1-3 - just rewatching some older episodes to refresh my memory as to why I used to like this show so much. And I figured it out: It's the comedy. Sure, the action's pretty good, too, but it was the comedy that made the characters so likeable in the first place. Once things got so serious in the later seasons I just lost interest.

Up next, for something different: a bunch of Magical Girl shows
Mu La Flaga

Gundam 00 Season 2 episodes 9 to 16.

Things have gotten rather interesting with Memento Mori units and Innovaders causing trouble frequently.
Appreciated some new character moments/development lately.
DuelGundam2099

I just made it up to episode 35 in Golion. For the most part it is consistent with my thoughts when I made it to the half way point except Isamu gets some more screen time, which is more than what I can say for poor Seido who got nothing until the last ep; kind of surprised Akira does not have many eps to himself since he is team leader, but oh well.

Okay, I have to ask.... Why did Pi make it into Super Robot Wars W over so many others? I can understand Banpresto having little room to work with (the DS and all), but why so little Golion enemies? Mazinkaiser at least has the excuse of needing to cover it's movie (although I'm surprised it's version of Tauros D7 never made it in any games, but that is another story). I can understand why Deathhell and Galcia got in, they are the first two deathblacks with names although I don't get why Sadak (aka "I was the field commander in the first quarter of the series") in giant form didn't make it in. Gamma I could kind of get since it was the second mechablack. Why no Lambda or Omega-Subgar (EI-11 made it in, no reason it can't)? Or even Delta? But Pi? It's just a mutant bulldozer (kinda); and if it could get in where is EI-06?

Not trying to make it sound like a rant or whiny, I just wonder is all.
Mu La Flaga

Gundam 00 Season 2 Episodes 17 to 25.
So I finished off the series, over all I rather enjoyed this series finale.
Also so many big moments, such as the Africa Tower breaking up and all the sides unloading all their weapons to debris hitting the populated areas.

Let alone those final fights got crazy at times.
The 00 literally was the thing holding the Innovades holding back, their advances or attempts to destroy CB.
Also Ribbons became annoying with his ego and attitude.

Next time the 00 movie.
Mickeymac92

Glad to see I'm not the only one who enjoyed Gundam 00's second season. I've heard quite a lot of complaints about it on other forums (so much so that I'm afraid to pop into the thread on this site), but it certainly has it's great moments.
brunoafh

Right now I'm watching the original 1979 Mobile Suit Gundam. I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit! I'm about a dozen episodes in and will definitely see it through to the end. Love the 70s animation and vibes. The thing I'm surprised by the most is how well the show has aged, watch-ability wise.

I'm not the biggest Gundam fan (usually more into super robot shows) and have been meaning to give the series more of a chance, so I figured there's no better place to start then where it all began.
BloodKnight

brunoafh wrote:Right now I'm watching the original 1979 Mobile Suit Gundam. I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit! I'm about a dozen episodes in and will definitely see it through to the end. Love the 70s animation and vibes. The thing I'm surprised by the most is how well the show has aged, watch-ability wise.

I'm not the biggest Gundam fan (usually more into super robot shows) and have been meaning to give the series more of a chance, so I figured there's no better place to start then where it all began.

Well Gundam definitely has some Super Robot Elements! Just wait till you get to the G-Fighter episodes haha. Glad you are enjoying the show, it's a classic. I think the reason it has aged well is because of it's mature story line and characters.

I'm still watching Ideon and Turn A, about half way through both. I finished season 1 of Code Geass, and damn what a cliffhanger!!! I'm waiting until Season 2 gets released as a set Feb 7 to pick it up.

I also started Macross 7 for the first time! I'm 4 episodes in and loving it.

I watched the first two episodes of Gasaraki the other night and wasn't too impressed. I found myself a little bored, but I'm gonna give it a chance.
Mu La Flaga

Watched Mobile Suit Gundam 00: A Wakening of the Trailblazer.

I will say, quite well made movie and it makes sense, the concept of the ELS and new MSes and Gundams and all worked well.
Also it built on things we saw through season 1 and 2 of 00.
kind of sad alot of characters died though.

Good way to close out the 00 universe.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Yes, but were you sad that Andrei the Whiny died? :)

Currently I'm watching AGE of course and I have also discovered the awesomeness that is Fairy Tail. Powered through that and am on episode 98 out of 115.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
DuelGundam2099

After an eight episode marathon today I finally finished Beast King Golion. Although I liked this series I have a few issues: 1. Everyone but Seido gets an episode to themselves; from a character development standpoint it is kind of poor. 2. Why did the space goddess bother showing up in episode 40? Usually that means foreshadowing or suspense to something near the end of the series but apparently not. 3. It would have been nice to see a good Galran native here and there, a not-so-bad guy is usually something you'd see in a series that has conspiracy theories and acts very dark. 4. Sincline's final moments were a bit, how do I put this, too drawn out and did not feel as climactic as they could have been.

Still a great series though.
Gyra Solune

Currently keeping up with whenever Rinne no Lagrange is put up. Nice to keep up with something new for a change.

Also I'm watching Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito. It's...surprisingly good. It always stays interesting, and even if it's a bit disjointed, the "story an episode" format works very well. It's SORTA yuri, but there's only half an episode that really hits us over the head with it, and otherwise it plays it really casually and normally. The protagonist is looking for the disappeared love interest maiden, and really it's just like "btw she's a girl too" and gets on with the plot. It's really a refreshing change, and if it weren't for the totally-not Marisa Kirisame's consistent flirting, you'd probably forget all about that part entirely. I'm only halfway through though, so I dunno how that'll hold.
Mu La Flaga

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:Yes, but were you sad that Andrei the Whiny died? :)

Currently I'm watching AGE of course and I have also discovered the awesomeness that is Fairy Tail. Powered through that and am on episode 98 out of 115.
Nope I was not.
He died trying to save Earth and do like his father did, even though he deserved to die for killing Sergei.
DuelGundam2099

After my patience finally ran out I've decided that I'm going to (finally) finish Combat Mecha Xabungle before this weekend is out. Why? Well, it does not look like the subbers are going to release an episode anytime soon (what with MegaUpload's recent take down) and the fact that I started watching this series since mid 2010 (like before Unicorn Gundam episode 2 had a release date announced).

So some points for episode 43:

-Iron Gear and Gear Gear FINALLY get a fist fight
-Greta's hilarious (more so the reaction from the men she kisses, ha)
-Dowa is actually a decent Blockary pilot compared to the grunts the first piloted it
-Galliar raids an Innocent inhabiting area
-and apparently something sinister is happening at a place called Point D and this is where I start regretting starting the raw run since I barely understand what they're saying outside of it supposedly top secret/super evil

Next episode goes back to snow and apparently Aurthur is still alive (wait, what?).

Edit:Just watched Xabungle episode 44.

The most epic escape in mecha anime history! Seriously, how many real robot series have escapes with ROCKET POWERED SLEDS!? That was awesome. Also, Arthur is apparently some high ranking Innocent (which all the ladies seem to adore) and not someone I thought of that died earlier in the series, in this case I was thinking of Hola. Also apparently the Iron Gear crew went to Y-Point, not D. *mumbles something about getting confused*

Seriously though, that escape was epic as hell, only thing I can think of right now that comes close is the breakout in Gundam Wing with Deathscythe Hell and Altron.
Mu La Flaga

Mobile Suit Gundam Episodes 22 to 27.
So this first DVD for collection 2 covers Operation Odessa and the mini-ark with Miharu.
Kind of feel sorry for Kai afterwards.