Super Robot Wars Z 2

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
brunoafh

Re: Super Robot Wars Z 2

Shinji103 wrote:So I finally got my hands on SRW Z, but I can't find a game guide around.
Are you familiar with the Akurasu wiki? This should prove to be pretty helpful

http://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars/Z/Flow_Chart
Mickeymac92

I still can't believe I played through most of Z2 without a guide (and I can't read Japanese). But yeah, I used the Akurasu Wiki for other games, it's usually pretty helpful. Can't wait for Z2-2 to come along just so I can see more Shin and Black Getter!
DuelGundam2099

I should probably correct my error when I said Black Getter had no spiral getter beam (remembers back to when it's entrance when it PWN'D the nautilus invader).

And in case anyone is wondering what series haven't finished their stories I'll spill them now. Just as a warning, there will be spoilers abound.
Spoiler
Getter Robo Armageddon: Still need to do eps 4-13. They'll need Evolved Shin Dragon, Metalbeast Dragon, will most likely need Tower and/or Whale, and the Cohen and Stinger Fusion. Stilva and Metalbeast Baronsoft aren't needed, but since regular metalbeasts are confirmed it wouldn't hurt to have them.

Gundam Wing: Everything after episode 10. Technically they only need to get up to episode 23 when Duo and Wu Fei break out and shortly after that is when Trowa works with Oz and Heero (while captured) face off against Quatre in the Wing Zero. (I'd really like to know how the Twin Buster Rifle compares to Double X Gundam's Twin Satellite Cannon, personally) They never even showed tauruses out of mobile armor mode so whether we'll see anything outside of virgos, Noin's Taurus, Epyon, and Tallgeese 2 is up in the air.

Gundam 00: Half way done, slightly less enemy mechs, the real question is whether or not Exia Repair 1 will make an appearance since it's role was very minute.

Code Geass: Identical to 00 except slightly MORE enemy mechs (and upgrades).

Shin Mazinger Z: Still need to do everything beyond episode 11, although since Viscount Pigmon and the Mazinger Corps made no appearance last time it is unlikely we'll see them here. The Daibon Alpha 1 arc (at least Dr. Heinrich being mentioned) is hinted at the end of Destruction Chapter. Maybe it'll appear, maybe it won't, although I doubt it. I also wonder if Demon Lord Dante's cameo will be done here by any chance. And if Banpresto forgets Boss Borot, well, that's 20 years of tradition broken right there.

VOTOMS: Everything from episode 15 onward, it is most likely that we'll see the basic jist of the series since they did not add Big Battle like I thought they would. The real question is whether or not Rapidly Dog could still be used after the events of the last episode or if Chirico will use a basic scopedog again.

God Mars: 100% up in the air. Since Banpresto never did anything beyond episode 25 we can only guess. Since the end of Destruction Chapter hinted at Marg being alive (a reference to the last ten episodes in the series with Rose Knight), the events from eps 51 to 64 will most likely happen, the real question being whether or not the Marume arc (eps 26-51) being done, which is anyone's guess. It could easily fit with VOTOMS's Sunsa arc. I'm curious as to whether or not the super computer, Noah, from episode 59 will appear since it's guardian has the only real monster of the week since episode 23 with anything resembling a real name (at least Godannar bothered giving mimetic beasts numbers); anyone that thinks God Bless Dancouga's events might happen then it will most likely happen around here. Speaking of which, have you noticed how similar Zule and Muge Zorbados are what with being deities of death and what have you- Okay I'm getting off topic.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: They only need to cover eps 18-27, meaning they can take a back seat for some of the time for other series until they save the Moon(s) with Arc-Gurren Lagann (which is most likely the point where the Z1 cast gets all of their weapons back and Sandman makes his epic entrance). Enemy wise it seems much less than what was there previously. Of course, after that it will need to make it's one way trip to the Anti Spiral Homeworld and aside from the Getter Robo Armageddon and Macross Frontier final battles I do not see what else could fit at that point. Speaking of which....

Macross Frontier: Aside from the final battle, this series does not need anything plot wise until the Macross Galaxy shows up, just the units and the character story backgrounds between levels and the likes. Seriously, they can easily just do Macross Dynamite 7's story until then and even then it basically "Basara sings to whales, planet patrol is.... around, pouchers and guy wanting revenge wants them dead, Excalibur Custom gets destroyed, he gets a new one, whales are sung to, the end".
I've never seen a Tetsujin series so I have no idea what will happen. :P

I'm also calling it now: The spheres will be based on Scorpio and Taurus, one is revenge and the other is anger.
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

brunoafh wrote:
Shinji103 wrote:So I finally got my hands on SRW Z, but I can't find a game guide around.
Are you familiar with the Akurasu wiki? This should prove to be pretty helpful

http://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars/Z/Flow_Chart
Hmm, that scenario chart doesn't quite clearly tell what the conditions for the bad ending (or avoiding it) are.
brunoafh

Shinji103 wrote:Hmm, that scenario chart doesn't quite clearly tell what the conditions for the bad ending (or avoiding it) are.
Check this one then, has ending info.

http://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars/Z/Secrets

You should check out the page contents as well, lots of useful organized info.

http://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars/Z
Mark064

DuelGundam2099 wrote:I've never seen a Tetsujin series so I have no idea what will happen. :P
Tetsujin isn't story driven at all, especially not the 80s one. Almost the entire series is comprised of Tetsujin fighting some nut who has a robot who somehow wants to control the world or some other silly plot. It gets really silly when you have a guy with a robot and 50 guys saying they are going to control the world!

Eventually though they introduce some aliens who disappear for almost the entire show till the end which is the final battle in space. Oh and of course good old Black Ox created by Franken, though Black Ox was totally shafted in the 80s series as it would only appear when Tetsujin 28 was under control of the enemy or something and Black Ox had to fight it, plus it had a real lame death.
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
Shinji103

So is there some other site with an actual guide for SRW Z's stages?
Mickeymac92

Gamefaqs not working for ya?
Shinji103

Mickeymac92 wrote:Gamefaqs not working for ya?
Huh, okay, when I checked they ddin't have that second guide up. (I always check Gamefaqs for guides first :P) Though it's apparently only partially complete; it's missing some Setsuko route stuff.

So here's a question I forgot to ask; is there a list of combo attacks/attacks that vary depending on pilots? (there's no such attack list in either of those Gamefaqs FAQs; it's dumb how combo attacks and attacks unlocked by gaining special status enhancements, like God Voice in SRW 3rd Alpha, don't show up on the Intermission menu. :() This will especially be confusing with Aquarion, because the instruction booklet tells how its attacks change depending on who you have piloting it, and it has quite a few pilots. So is there an attack list anywhere?
Mu La Flaga

Shinji103 wrote:
Mickeymac92 wrote:Gamefaqs not working for ya?
Huh, okay, when I checked they ddin't have that second guide up. (I always check Gamefaqs for guides first :P) Though it's apparently only partially complete; it's missing some Setsuko route stuff.

So here's a question I forgot to ask; is there a list of combo attacks/attacks that vary depending on pilots? (there's no such attack list in either of those Gamefaqs FAQs; it's dumb how combo attacks and attacks unlocked by gaining special status enhancements, like God Voice in SRW 3rd Alpha, don't show up on the Intermission menu. :() This will especially be confusing with Aquarion, because the instruction booklet tells how its attacks change depending on who you have piloting it, and it has quite a few pilots. So is there an attack list anywhere?
Akurasu has full list for skill points if you need to know what to do.

Anyway this shoud be a big help.
It was for me when gamefaqs was not.
http://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars/Z
Shinji103

That's a nice guide, thanks, but unless it's obscurely hidden in there somewhere, it doesn't have an attack list or more specifically which combination of pilots gives access to which attacks on the Aquarion. :(
brunoafh

Shinji103 wrote:That's a nice guide, thanks, but unless it's obscurely hidden in there somewhere, it doesn't have an attack list or more specifically which combination of pilots gives access to which attacks on the Aquarion. :(
http://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars/Z/Team_Attacks
It's not very hidden... it's right on the main page. "Team Attacks". There is no guide with every single attack in the game translated, that would be pretty pointless. As for the Aquarion attacks what's the problem with just experimenting and finding out what combinations do what yourself?

Maybe I'm confused about what it is you're looking for. Between the Akurasu wiki and the GFAQs guide, you should be able to find nearly anything about the game that you want.
Shinji103

brunoafh wrote:It's not very hidden... it's right on the main page. "Team Attacks".
When I look now the link is there, but for some reason when I first went to the link page that Mu has at the bottom of his post, "Team Attacks" wasn't there. >.>
There is no guide with every single attack in the game translated, that would be pretty pointless. As for the Aquarion attacks what's the problem with just experimenting and finding out what combinations do what yourself?
I'm sure there's no guide that has every attack translated for any SRW (not that I personally need translations), but it's very time-consuming to experiemtn with varying combinations in an SRW, as per my experience with testing to see if the HTB Cannon could be upgraded in SRW OGs. And that was pretty straightforward, especially in comparison to having to swap out multiple pilots for multiple combinations. ^^b
DuelGundam2099

Hope you find what you're looking for, Shinji103. In related news: Super Robot Wars M for Mobile.

http://www.suparobo.jp/srw_lineup/srw_m/index.html
Arsarcana

As an imode app, I'd be pissed if not for the fact that there aren't any new entries so we won't be missing out on anything worthwhile.
Mu La Flaga

Gyra Solune

I still have this feeling that, with Z2's cast being what it is, a D remake is somewhere in sight. Megazone 23, Daltanious, ZZ/Victory Gundam and Grendizer are the only series not present, and likely they could pull the latter from the Z1. Hell, if they finish 2nd OG before then, they could even get a good portion of the original sprites there. A Portable did re-use a LOT of sprites, mostly from MX and Alpha 3, and D has the unfortunate status of being the last game in the franchise to use predominantly static sprites before J implied that your Game Boy Advance had eaten a Playstation while you were sleeping.

Besides, D's plot was pretty damn awesome, what with an apocalypse opening it and the colony drop being messed up by the Earth effing disappearing and all. We'd be skipping R (for which having Neo Getter Robo was practically a selling point of its own) but still.
DuelGundam2099

likely they could pull the latter from the Z1.
They would have announced that for Regeneration Chapter by now if they brought Grendy back. They probably left him out for the sake of doing at least one (for lack of a better word) "clean" run with the Shin Mazinger Impact story, but is still a noticeable void either way especially when you factor in the fact that Grendizer has been in the SRW franchise as far back as the SNES version of 2 and with the exception of the Alpha timeline was in every game until Judgment (unless you count Real Robot Regiment as part of the franchise) including Super Robot Pinball.

Edit: Now that I think of it did anyone on other mech boards comment on the lack of Grendizer? And don't give me a link to TVTropes's SRW Z page (I was the guy that mentioned it there :P ).
brunoafh

DuelGundam2099 wrote:Edit: Now that I think of it did anyone on other mech boards comment on the lack of Grendizer? And don't give me a link to TVTropes's SRW Z page (I was the guy that mentioned it there :P ).
The lack of Grendizer in the Z2 games makes me sad. I understand why the series isn't present, but I really hope Grendizer makes a return for Z3, however they end up handling the Mazinger/Shin Mazinger/Getter Robo/Shin Getter stuff. Speaking of Grendizer, we need a new Grendizer anime or manga already...
DuelGundam2099

I was thinking that Banpresto could have at least replaced Grendy with Gattaiger since it was it's prototype and all, but whatever. Relevant and yes you have my permission to post that on other sites.