Ep. 094 - The Chobits Conundrum

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Ep. 094 - The Chobits Conundrum

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Ep. 094 - "The Chobits Conundrum"
- Download Now!: 64 kbps - 158 min., 30 sec. (2:38:30) - 72.6 MB

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "Neo's News!"
Runtime: 0:00:43 - 0:39:20 (Duration: 0:38:37)

02. Be a Part of "Gundam: Rise From the Ashes"! (Special Manga Project by Eric Keith & Mike Fonteccio)
Runtime: 0:39:20 - 0:41:52 (Duration: 0:02:32)

03. 1st Segment: Roundtable Discussion: "Songstress Switcheroo!: A Game of Role-Reversal of Macross Leads & others!" (Submitted by Raptor)
Runtime: 0:41:52 - 1:07:34 (Duration: 0:25:42)

04. Champs Sports (Commercial)
Runtime: 1:07:34 - 1:08:33 (Duration: 0:00:59)

05. Second Opinion Games (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:08:33 - 1:09:32 (Duration: 0:00:59)

06. 2nd Segment: Roundtable Discussion: "Future Shock!: Sex Robots and the Lies They Tell" (Submitted by Raijinz)
Runtime: 1:09:32 - 1:52:12 (Duration: 0:42:40)

07. SSAA Podcast: The Ass-Backwards Anime Podcast (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:52:12 - 1:53:02 (Duration: 0:00:50)

08. Anime Addicts Anonymous (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:53:02 - 1:53:41 (Duration: 0:00:39)

09. Outro: "The Gundamn Mailbag!/Closing/Soul Bro's Shoutouts!/Peep the Websites!"
Runtime: 1:53:41 - 2:38:30 (Duration: 0:44:49)

We bring two listener submitted topics to the table! First on deck is a case of role-reversal as we speculate what would happen when a Macross Songstress switches places with her series' main character. Then, we discuss the future & how technology is slowly usurping interaction between humans. Sex bots, ahoy!

Many thanks go out to Raptor & Raijinz for their topic submissions, and if you would like to do the same, add your suggestion to the Topic Submission Thread at MechaTalk.net! Also, props to the talented Kenny Mark who submitted this illustration of Emma Sheen showing off her love for her favorite podcast! Make sure to follow him on Twitter @Ken_ART and scope out his other illustrations at his portfolio website!

Finally, for those wanting to see the scans from Newtype 2005 mentioned at he close of the episode, peep the links below:

- Newtype USA - December 2005 - Cover Page Scan
- Newtype USA - December 2005 - Pg. 25 Scan

Being that this was coverage at the time the show was airing, it reveals that Shinn Asuka was the intended main character. Of course, this gets muddled throughout the course of the show, but before that happened, here's is the proof in print.

Want to ask us a question that could be played during a future episode? Call the MAHQ Google Voice Line @ 305-792-8324 and leave a question (or message) that's no longer than 4 minutes. Make sure that at the beginning you leave your NAME specify that your message is for "GUNDAMN! @ MAHQ" also! We're looking forward to hearing from the Gundamnation and answering your voicemails!

(Technical Note: We're working on having the automatically inserted PETCO ad at the start of the show be removed by MEVIO. As soon as it is, the segment time markers will be updated.)

Peep these Links also!:
- Chaos Theater: Episode 019 - Uncharted (Mechatalk Thread)
- Chaos Theater: Special 001 - Beer 'n' Chicken (Mechatalk Thread)
- Laplace's Box: Episode 005 - 2012 (Mechatalk Thread)
- Shinjuku Fight Club: Episode 002 - Fighting Freaks! (FightersReady.net Thread)

Want to have your Gundamn-centric works featured in the next episode? Then, send in your creative entries for the next "Gundamnation Spotlight" to [email protected]!

Many thanks for listening & Happy New Year!
Soul Bro Ryu
[email protected]

Peep the Websites!:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Gundamn! @ MechaTalk Forum - Previous Episodes - Chaos Theater - Chaos Theater @ Mechatalk Forum - Laplace's Box - Level Nine - @MAHQDotNet - @GundamnAtMAHQ - Digg - MySpace - FaceBook Profile - FaceBook Group - Spill - Mevio - iTunes - Main RSS Feed - Shinjuku Station Fight Tube! - Shinjuku Station At The Movies - AAA Podcast Network

Sponsors & Special Offers:
Champs Sports

Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://www.podshow.com/feeds/gundamntheshow.xml

[email protected]
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
Mr Bushido

Re: Ep. 094 - The Chobits Conundrum

Poor ill informed Neo. The 501st armor costumes strives for screen accuracy. By the way Soul Bro and Chris are right that is me.
501st Legion - Northern California Golden Gate Garrison
TK-3942 aka TK-EXIA
So the Geara Zulu has an Stg-44 and the Jesta has a Scar-H w/ holographic scope.
mobiusdiablo

Mr Bushido wrote:Poor ill informed Neo. The 501st armor costumes strives for screen accuracy. By the way Soul Bro and Chris are right that is me.
Hey then that should be a compliment!
And my favorite part of the podcast: "Neo, press R3."

I petition for Neo to be promoted to the rank of Colonel Rage Incarnate.

PS: You guys couldn't even go 30 minutes without mentioning Destiny, even by comparison :twisted: Haha, lols for all!
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Mr Bushido wrote:Poor ill informed Neo. The 501st armor costumes strives for screen accuracy. By the way Soul Bro and Chris are right that is me.
I never claimed I knew or cared, sorry.

And don't even have your squad come after me, I have Ewok bodyguards.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Wingnut

Soul Bro Ryu wrote:Also, props to the talented Kenny Mark who submitted this illustration of Emma Sheen showing off her love for her favorite podcast!
All I'm getting is a bunch of red X syndrome with that link. Got an alternate place to post it up at?
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
jcncasval76

William Shatner testified about the issues for both "Wrath of Khan" and "The Undiscovered Country" raised by Gene Roddenberry, as he hated the battle concepts for both movies with all the passion. I'll send that clip to Soul Bro when I get it downloaded (and purchased) in iTunes. Hopefully, he'll be able to add that on with an updated edition of this particular podcast.
Please don't make me quoting certain wrestlers' catchphrases (What?!) or you don't want to find out how nasty it gets (What?!). Tell me you didn't just say that (What?!)
Mu La Flaga

Wingnut wrote:
Soul Bro Ryu wrote:Also, props to the talented Kenny Mark who submitted this illustration of Emma Sheen showing off her love for her favorite podcast!
All I'm getting is a bunch of red X syndrome with that link. Got an alternate place to post it up at?
It works for me.

Anyway thoughts on this epsode, wow you guys got in to a pretty silly mood with topics all around :P

Some pretty funny discussions going on.

Also Wingnut that link works for me.
Soul Bro Ryu

Wingnut wrote:All I'm getting is a bunch of red X syndrome with that link. Got an alternate place to post it up at?
NP, the link in the main post to the Emma illustration is more direct now. I noticed that on my mobile device, that the Twitpic link that was there before, the image wasn't visible.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg27 ... 101068.jpg
Soul Bro Ryu
Mr Bushido

hawk of endymion wrote:And don't even have your squad come after me, I have Ewok bodyguards.
See this is why I hire Boba Fett to clean them up. =P (Robot Chicken ep 2)
501st Legion - Northern California Golden Gate Garrison
TK-3942 aka TK-EXIA
So the Geara Zulu has an Stg-44 and the Jesta has a Scar-H w/ holographic scope.
hotlimit

Hilarious topics! Neo was on point once again about communication going down the hole; I can't have a simple game of mahjong without some dude checking hockey scores every 5 minutes! And yeah, it was funny when Destiny found its way into one of the very first segments, I'm like, weren't they not going to talk about this anymore?
Arbiter GUNDAM

Yeah, I thought there was a year ban on Destiny? I guess Jabman's got his show back. :P
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
yazi88

Really great to hear Dennis again, especially singing. Was he released on bail? Kinda surprised he wasn't singing about Jack Daniels either.

Kira and Shinn HAVE sung some songs, remember the SEED/DESTINY SUIT CD character songs? I think Gundam Wing did it too but Shinn's and Yzak's character songs (sung by their VA) were probably the best compared to the rest especially since Kenichi Suzumura has done a few other songs for shows like UFO Maiden Valkyrie and Bus Gamer and 2 other anime I don't really know or care about.

Although anything done by Tomokazu Seki is awesome even in an anime when he is playing himself as Tomokazu Seki and superhero Seki-man in Akahori Gedō Hour Rabuge.
Arbiter GUNDAM

listening to the first segment again, I feel I have to offer a slightly less hateful opinion.

No, I don't think that Ranka would make a good pilot. I don't think she'd be able to develop a good combat pilot mentality.

--Freyja Wion
Chris
Administrator

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:Yeah, I thought there was a year ban on Destiny? I guess Jabman's got his show back. :P
If we're doing a topic on idol singers and mecha pilots, it's kinda hard to avoid. Besides, at this point I just like messing with Jabman.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
hotlimit

No, it wasn't part of that segment. It was some completely different thing (I think during the news), and someone decided it was time to bring up Destiny again, even though it wasn't an article on Destiny.

edit: Then again I guess you record the news after the segments, but we hear it in reverse.
xaos

Props for using The Winner in the opening. I don't remember if it's been used in a previous episode but it's nice to hear.

About people looking at their phones during social occasions, I also have that happen to me, where I'm with people and instead of talking to each other we're all looking at our phones. Actually now that I think of it, it happens to me all the time. Whenever there's a family gathering we're all on our phones at least a couple times and not talking to each other at all. It doesn't bother me too much, except when I'm having a one to one conversation and all of a sudden someone is looking at their phone.

My choice would have been Chris' choice as well for who would I want to see survive and complete their mission. What would she have done, and how much would Judau get violated? :shock: I also wonder if Judau would be groomed to be some sort of high ranking official by her as well.
mobiusdiablo

Chris wrote:
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:Yeah, I thought there was a year ban on Destiny? I guess Jabman's got his show back. :P
If we're doing a topic on idol singers and mecha pilots, it's kinda hard to avoid. Besides, at this point I just like messing with Jabman.
Ah, it's so easy :P No offense Jabman. It wouldn't be Gundamn without the mentioning of it.
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
Soul Bro Ryu

hotlimit wrote:edit: Then again I guess you record the news after the segments, but we hear it in reverse.
One would think. We actually used to do that for years but halfway though 2011, we've been recording the episodes in the logical order (intro, seg 1, seg 2, and then outro) - including this episode ^_^
Soul Bro Ryu
Arbiter GUNDAM

I was surprised you guys didn't mention the sexaroid that Mr. Universe was hanging with in Serenity.

--Freyja Wion
NastyNate

Just a quick comment to chris about dynasty warriors gundam not really appealing to dynasty warriors fans but only gundam fans. I was actually playing online the other day on dynasty warriors gundam 3 and I came accross a guy with a headset and we got to talking and he told me he had never watched gundam but he buys every dynasty warriors game and gundam dynasty warriors game and he loves the gundam version as much as the original. He was even telling me about his favorite characters like setsuna but he had no idea who he was or what show he was from. This guy is probably the exception but it was interesting.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ