The O's Beam Rifle has the power of a Mega Launcher?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
balofo

The O's Beam Rifle has the power of a Mega Launcher?

http://dalong.net/review/mg/m136/p/m136_m0002.JPG

It's the same text as the HGUC manual. I guess it also mentions its energy pack is one of a kind
Dark Duel

Re: The O's Beam Rifle has the power of a Mega Launcher?

That's kind of an interesting claim that, if true, is rather inconsistent with the previously published stats.
Quoted from the mecha profile for The O:
beam rifle, power rated at 2.6 MW, powered by rechargeable energy cap
This is the same output as the beam rifle of the Gundam MkII; the output of the Z Gundam's beam rifle is slightly over double(5.7 MW), and its HM Launcher has an output that's over three times higher(8.3 MW).
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
flamingtroll

Beam launchers have various fire powers and sizes for different purposes. Hizack Custom's beam launcher is only 2.1 MW in the mahq list. Beam size seems to be the namesake.
Dark Duel

Touché; If you take the Hizack Custom as a benchmark, then yeah, the statement makes sense in terms of reconciling it with the output of the O's beam rifle.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Mu La Flaga

In SD Gundam G Gen Wars and Super Robot Wars Z Scirroco oddly seems to make his last blast larger and stronger in power in the attack animation.

Sort of weirdly related even if it's not official stuff.
Calubin_175

I made a thread about it few years back and I paralleled it with the Asshimar rifle, which has the same output as well. However, both rifles' explanation text said it was thanks to its high beam convergence rate that distinguished it from regular rifles of the same output, hence producing a thicker beam.

This is slightly off topic, but Toysdream discussed about how non E-Cap beam weapons must have its power rating divided by 4 to match the equivalent rating of an E-Cap weapon. So the non-E-Cap Nu Gundam shield cannon of 7.8 MW was officially said to be roughly equivalent to Gundam's beam rifle of 1.9 MW. If we apply this to the non E-Cap Beam smartgun of 50 MW, it would be the same as a 12.5 MW e-cap weapon.

But then it was concluded that these numbers made no sense anyway.
fahentai

No way!
If you talk about the O's bean rifle, I'm very sure that if you compare it with those beam rifles that are used by those hi-end in the same time, its out put is very very sorry. And just because it neither has newtype-use weapon(bit/funnel) nor high out put, it is identified as the "qusai 4th generation Mobile Suit" by the Encyclopaedia Of Gundam.
Sorry for my fuxked up English...But I am just an international student in Au from China. If my words makes you guys confused, let me know.I will explain it.
2NA Fish

Slightly off topic again, the novel version of Zeta Gundam describes The O as a walking cannon turret, with multiple Mega Particle Cannons all over its body. Whether this was the original design intent, I have no idea.
HalfDemonInuyasha

We can only take numbers with a grain of salt in terms of beam weapon output.

I mean, look at the Alpha Azieru profiles for example. Its main large mega particle cannon is said to have LESS output than 1 of its large funnels' beam guns (19.5 MW to 20.4 MW respectively), but it's clearly shown in animation that, not only is the large mega particle cannon MUCH bigger in size, but the funnel's beam gun could be blocked by the Nu Gundam's Fin Funnel Barrier while its mega particle cannon just plowed right through it easily and it's been recently said/speculated that any beam weapon with less output than the Fin Funnel Barrier would be blocked by it...
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet