Funimation online survey

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
pd771

Funimation online survey

http://www.japanator.com/hey-guys-take- ... 1503.phtml

Funimation is running a survey about anime purchasing habits. This is a rare chance where online participation is very relevant, unlike with many of the fan petitions and the like. I suggest participating. Also, if you are interested in keeping shows like Gundam stateside, mention it in the comments section. Doing so may make them more willing to negotiate with Bandai for release rights in NA.
Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeY9RgWhmXs
DuelGundam2099

Re: Funimation online survey

Done, but I mentioned in the comments to recommend stuff from Go Nagai (especially Mazinger Z since it is it's 40th anniversary AND more or less defined mecha anime).
Mu La Flaga

I filled out the form and submitted.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Did the survey and told them to try and get some Gundam and Macross stuff. Might not work but one can hope.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Amadi Akintunde

Already did this survey, but neglected to mention Gundam or anything else Sunrise/Bandai. Slipped my mind completely.

But, given recent events in the industry, it's not at all surprising that they're doing this. Hopefully it helps in deciding what initiatives regarding distribution they'll be making in the future.
ZeonsSilverStar

Alright done and done. I hope we see positive results from this.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
Dark Duel

So do I. Did the survey, slipped in Gundam a few times - Macross completely slipped my mind, unfortunately.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Zeonista

Did it too, mentioned Gundam and mecha anime a bit.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Deacon Blues

That was a fun survey to troll :D
Mu La Flaga

Part of me hopes that wasn't a serious reply and you contributed something when offered up a chance to fill in a survey to give them info on how to do better.

On the other hand if it's one of those joking answers, then it's all good..
Kei Katsuragi

Had to mention Orguss every chance I got. My love for that series will never dissipate. But, I did mention Macross quite a bit, and when they asked for Video games, I lied and said all the previous games I bought were Gundam games, just so they got the hint ^_^

and i love the question "Do you own a BLue-Ray or a PS3?"
check yes or no
Deacon Blues

Mu La Flaga wrote:Part of me hopes that wasn't a serious reply and you contributed something when offered up a chance to fill in a survey to give them info on how to do better.

The last anime DVD I purchased was Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Solid State Society. Before that it was the television series. I don't buy much of anything anymore because anime is pretty much pure garbage nowadays. I'm far more interested in novels. Besides, even if I were to buy something it'd be from Japan anyways.

And I did troll them in their comments section citing that I hope they lose their $8 million dollar lawsuit, that it teaches them a lesson and they close up shop and just let Japan handle distribution in America like they so desperately want to. :D
Antares

Although I am from cold, frigid Finland, I threw in my two cents.
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Mu La Flaga

Deacon Blues wrote:
Mu La Flaga wrote:Part of me hopes that wasn't a serious reply and you contributed something when offered up a chance to fill in a survey to give them info on how to do better.

The last anime DVD I purchased was Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Solid State Society. Before that it was the television series. I don't buy much of anything anymore because anime is pretty much pure garbage nowadays. I'm far more interested in novels. Besides, even if I were to buy something it'd be from Japan anyways.

And I did troll them in their comments section citing that I hope they lose their $8 million dollar lawsuit, that it teaches them a lesson and they close up shop and just let Japan handle distribution in America like they so desperately want to. :D
Still you could offer something positive but oh well...

Anyway I buy most of my stuff and all that, so given a chance to offer up feedback for once.

Also on a note, the Japanese buisness model hasn't exactally worked well in other markets outside of Japan.

Look what happened to Bandai Visual and that is a great example, Toei also(briefly).
Their buisness model doesn't work in western markets.

So if you want to let them handle distribution and potentially sink their own industy go ahead.

I actually give a damn and buy what I wanted 95% of the time.
I've rarely downloaded.
ShadowCell

yes, beware the power of Deacon Blues, he whose survey responses outweigh all others.
Deacon Blues

Mu La Flaga wrote:Also on a note, the Japanese buisness model hasn't exactally worked well in other markets outside of Japan.

Look what happened to Bandai Visual and that is a great example, Toei also(briefly).
Their buisness model doesn't work in western markets.

So if you want to let them handle distribution and potentially sink their own industy go ahead.

I actually give a damn and buy what I wanted 95% of the time.
I've rarely downloaded.
That's my point. I could care less whether the industry collapses in on itself. It's heading in that direction right now anyways. It'll only be a matter of time before Funimation grows so large they implode...

It makes me wonder if that lawsuit is to recoup massive losses they've had to incur over the years...