Chinese knockoff of Evangelion and Gudam?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
pd771

Chinese knockoff of Evangelion and Gudam?

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2012/01/c ... i-lol.html

So, does anyone know if this is real or a fan made thing?
Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeY9RgWhmXs
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Re: Chinese knockoff of Evangelion and Gudam?

:shock:

I am guesing it isn't real...unless the Chinese are ripping off everything...hell when the Aliens were coming to earth, the sound was from Stargate when the Teams would pass through the gate.

If it is real (very doubtful)...lawsuit anyone?
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
mcred23

And that alien ship was the flying HK from Terminator 3. It's pretty well known that places like Korea and China have ripped off Japanese shows a number of times, like some of those (other) infamously bad Gundam rip offs (I find it funny that this even has its own wiki page :roll:).
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
azrael

Yes, Sunrise would probably sue whomever in China would be stupid enough to infringe on a copyrighted work. IIRC, a theme park in China made a Gundam statue only to change it after Sunrise threatened to sue. So chances of it being fan-made are fairly high.

That being said, it wouldn't surprise me if someone in China made a knockoff of Gundam, Evangelion, and the Super Sentai-series. Heck Astro Plan knocked off Macross, Gundam, and Gaogaigar.....
"I dislike death indeed, but there is that which I dislike more than death, and therefore there are occasions when I will not avoid danger."
kayone73

Wow in the first 4 minutes they rip off things like the bug creature and creature from the Black lagoon from Monsters vs Aliens

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/200 ... rn_600.jpg

Then the 'warp scene' rips off the sound FX from Stargate SG-1
Arsarcana

I'm still bummed that one video (from I know not what, curses) that had a guy opening a window on a spaceship and shooting another ship down with a handgun got taken down. Wish I'd saved it or at least written down the name. There's absolute comedy gold in this stuff even past the obvious ripping off of other people's property.

And I'm chiming in with fanmade. Even having seen some of the interesting ripoffs out there, I refuse to believe this is serious. Words fail to describe, well, the fail. It must be either a deliberate parody or a fan who just doesn't care and knows he won't be tracked down and sued... though I'd be interested to know what that text at the end says.
teslashark

I got some info on what it is. You know the kind of movie poster boards with head-sized holes in amusement parks? This is the CGI version of it.
You can pay around ¥500 to star in one of them.
It says "Dedicated to the Shanghai World Expo" at the end.
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
fahentai

well, as a Chinese, I should say that those things are very very common....And this thing is true, even it is not, it is still believeble because directly plagiarizing Japanese animations is a very usuall. As far as I know, the Gundam series, Macros, Hikarian has already been plagiarized by some Chinese animations.
Sorry for my fuxked up English...But I am just an international student in Au from China. If my words makes you guys confused, let me know.I will explain it.
NastyNate

The 8 minute episode of this is very creepy. The kids just look really weird with their cheep 3d models. Also loled at the monsters from monsters vs alliens being the evil aliens in this.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Mu La Flaga

mcred23 wrote: this
That explains it, Space Gundam V.
Also horrid voices, horrid CGI, annoying damn voiced BRATs and ripping off so many movies and anime left and right.

If this thing is real I doubt how it would survive for long.
Not to mention my brain felt disturbed by this abomnination which I would be happy to see it die off :shock: