Finally some info on Capule's weapons?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
balofo

Finally some info on Capule's weapons?

From the latest GPF:

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/61/img007ru.jpg
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/5364/img008pp.jpg

Would like to know if there any interesting info about: Laser Beam, Sonic Blast and Missiles(it mentions 30 km area).
PowerdGNFlag

Re: Finally some info on Capule's weapons?

*Aside.

So IRL the Hygogg was made as a design bridge between Gogg and Capule? Makes some sense.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
bilbros

Ok, so here's a rather free tranlsation of the weapon captions... :wink:

Laser beam [in the head]
A beam cannon located in the position of the mono-eye, thus nicknamed "beam eye". It has a relatively low power output, but high enough to destroy the MS main camera; so, when it fires, the sensor should be covered by a protective filter.

Sonic blast [on the pelvis]
It can be considered a kind of mega particle cannon. Its double-layered heavy armor can be filled with seawater acting as a cooling system, but on the land it is used as an high power beam weapon feeded by the generator.

Missiles [in the chest]
Each element of this 8-tube missile launcher can house several missiles. Due to the problems of a precise guide, they can be used only for ballistic attacks, hitting an area in the range of about 30 km.

Iron nail [hands]
These melee weapons consist of 3 large claws per hand, plus 2 small claws on the palm. Internally there is a movable frame structure, which allows enough strenght to cut off even Gundarium armor plates.
balofo

thanks bilbros, interesting info indeed. Shame we'll never seen them onscreen.
teslashark

Sonic blast [on the pelvis]
It can be considered a kind of mega particle cannon. Its double-layered heavy armor can be filled with seawater acting as a cooling system, but on the land it is used as an high power beam weapon feeded by the generator.

Isn't this kind of weapon called the Phonon Mazer? In G Generation World the Zock's head- cannon is called a Phonon Mazer, so does the mass produced Forbidden (or something).
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
balofo

As I understand on water it's some kind of sonicwave weapon(no beam). On land it's a mega particle cannon.
teslashark

balofo wrote:As I understand on water it's some kind of sonicwave weapon(no beam). On land it's a mega particle cannon.
Quite the way it works, just waiting for someone to secure the name.
IIRC Phonon = sonic partcile, Mazer = blaster
balofo

The Phonon Mazer in SEED fired a sort of beam/laser, I think the Capule one only uses high pressure water.
teslashark

balofo wrote:The Phonon Mazer in SEED fired a sort of beam/laser, I think the Capule one only uses high pressure water.
Never heard of water-based weapons in UC, nor CE.
Dark Duel

Phonon maser is essentially a sonic laser used by CE amphibious mobile suits; it's animated just like a beam rifle, only it's used underwater (where conventional beam weapons are useless)
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Kuruni

It isn't just CE, Zock also has one.
My girlfriend was a loli.
JEFFPIATT

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maser
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masers_in_science_fiction
masers are an actual concept and tend to show up in sci-fi a lot the star trek phaser was one of them oddly the phaser name used to be short for "photon maser" untill they reinvented the spec for later productions.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_we ... ek#Phasers
HalfDemonInuyasha

Deathscythe's scythe is also underwater-usable somehow.

There's also the specialized underwater-use beam rifle for the Waterproof Gundam.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
Kuruni

Isn't beam saber alway work underwater? So beam scythe shouldn't has any problem.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Wingnut

Kuruni wrote:Isn't beam saber alway work underwater? So beam scythe shouldn't has any problem.
Yes. Even as far back as Amuro's RX-78-2 albeit at half strength.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
HalfDemonInuyasha

Yeah, UC-wise, they do, but in AC, I don't recall if it was ever explained how they work and the anime seemed to imply that they shouldn't based on the surprise of the soldiers that encountered Deathscythe underwater that time.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
fahentai

Wingnut wrote:
Kuruni wrote:Isn't beam saber alway work underwater? So beam scythe shouldn't has any problem.
To be honest, I don't think it is possbile. I'd prefer to consider that all the using of beam weapon under water, including beam rifles,beam sabres, is a bug of Gundam series. That is because all those beam weapons out put damage by high heat. If they are used under water, it may cause a serious water exploding that finishes the users first. Those weapons that are equipped by those amphibious mobile suits are spposed to be used when the mobile suits are on the land but not under the water.
Sorry for my fuxked up English...But I am just an international student in Au from China. If my words makes you guys confused, let me know.I will explain it.
Wingnut

fahentai wrote:
Wingnut wrote:
To be honest, I don't think it is possbile. I'd prefer to consider that all the using of beam weapon under water, including beam rifles,beam sabres, is a bug of Gundam series. That is because all those beam weapons out put damage by high heat. If they are used under water, it may cause a serious water exploding that finishes the users first. Those weapons that are equipped by those amphibious mobile suits are spposed to be used when the mobile suits are on the land but not under the water.
Not really. The high tempurature plasma/whatever is contained within a I-Field/magnetic field until it is ready to come into contact with a denser then water object. The high heat part of the weapon that would cause the kind of disruption you propose is not in contact with the water at all.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
fahentai

No.....I'm afraid it is not that simple.
Yes, it is true that the critical Minovsky partical that be used by the beam sabre is covered by the I-Field and the I-field does has the ablity to cut off the high heat (that is why it can be used to hold the power of nuclear fusion from damage the reactor). However, in this case, it is only use to hold the shape of beam sabre but not cut off the heat. The high heat is still exsist on the eage of beam sabre. There are two examples:
1. In MS-08 team, the beam sabre is used to heat the cold water up.
2.In the begnning of Gundam ZZ, that creazy guy(sorry, I do not know how to spell his name in English. But he is one of the villain in Z Gundam, can any of you tell me how to spell his name in English?) used the beam sabre to point at the cockpit of Z Gundam in oder to force Juedo(the main character of gundam ZZ, I still do not know how to spell his name in English rightly :roll: ) give the Z gundam to him. By that time, the beam sabre have not even touched the cockpit of Z gundam but Juedo has already felt the heat even inside the cockpit of Z gundam.
Sorry for my fuxked up English...But I am just an international student in Au from China. If my words makes you guys confused, let me know.I will explain it.
Wingnut

fahentai wrote:No.....I'm afraid it is not that simple.
Yes, it is true that the critical Minovsky partical that be used by the beam sabre is covered by the I-Field and the I-field does has the ablity to cut off the high heat (that is why it can be used to hold the power of nuclear fusion from damage the reactor). However, in this case, it is only use to hold the shape of beam sabre but not cut off the heat. The high heat is still exsist on the eage of beam sabre. There are two examples:
1. In MS-08 team, the beam sabre is used to heat the cold water up.
2.In the begnning of Gundam ZZ, that creazy guy(sorry, I do not know how to spell his name in English. But he is one of the villain in Z Gundam, can any of you tell me how to spell his name in English?) used the beam sabre to point at the cockpit of Z Gundam in oder to force Juedo(the main character of gundam ZZ, I still do not know how to spell his name in English rightly :roll: ) give the Z gundam to him. By that time, the beam sabre have not even touched the cockpit of Z gundam but Juedo has already felt the heat even inside the cockpit of Z gundam.
1. I'm afraid that doesn't count since Shiro used it to melt ice rather then heat up water. The blade was used on a solid object in the air.
2. Have not seen ZZ in a while so I can not confirm or deny what you say.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.