Gundam Extreme Vs coming on PS3

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
quasadra

Re: Gundam Extreme Vs coming on PS3

domino wrote:Hey, I also like Susanowo but I find that while its melee is insane (I love that spinning whirl), it's way too limited and can be easily funnelled to death. Also, quite a number of the Gundams have melee-counters. If you're able to pull off fighting even good ranged fighters though, I'd sure like to watch some of your gameplay and learn some moves from you.

Heavyarms is silly fun but I hate Blue Frame....I REALLY wanted it in the game but that was because I wanted to use that giant sword all of the time. It's not as exciting to play with as I had hoped.
im certainly not as good as you think i am, my experience of going against human players is minimal(due to my unreliable internet connection speed). i mostly train with the AI set to extreme in free battle mode when i get fustrated with the internet speed.

but if you find yourself unable to close in to melee, try using the tri punisher to stun them first. it has very little down value and its stops and stuns your opponent allowing you to deal the punishment. it reloads very fast, often it will finish reloading when your opponent gets up after your combo. you can also enlarge it by using the "shoot" button before launching it. the "shooting weapon" gives temporary power up to your attacks. the larger ball make it eaiser to catch people. but this will makes it obvious that you are gonna launch a major attack. lastly, dont be greedy and watch your surrounding, always save a little boost so you can retreat when targeted. at least thats how im trying to survive...

i think blue frame's tactical arms is too situational. the only really practical move is the sword throw, while the other move do great damage, it comes out too slow to do any good. but then again, i have seen some people use it pretty well, so i guess its more about the player than the suit itself.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
domino

Hmmmm......from my experience playing online, it has as much to do with skill as it does with a little luck. Sometimes people can get the jump on you or play cheap by resorting to running and fighting long range (especially if they're in a powerful ranged suit)

However, if you really are training on AI at Extreme level, you'll do very well. Hope you get that internet connection sorted out.
quasadra

still, as fast and insane extreme AI seems to be, it is just AI, they get predictable after some time. but they still gives me a good challange regardless. certainly cannot subtitute a good human player.

my internet is more with fiber optic internet service has just recently been introduced in my country. the structure will be shaky for some time. or perhaps my ISP is hinting me to go apply for fiber optic lines. and its naturally offered at a sky high price... so yeah... :cry:
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
domino

Well I have connectivity issues....what with being in a 3rd world country et al...

Anyway, does anyone know how to perform one of those combos with Strike where you are changing the mission packs while performing the combo? I assume it's done via BCDs and will try it out soon but I was hoping for tips? Strike is tricky enough as is....horrible when I mistakenly pick the wrong mission pack for the job.
AmuroNT1

Actually, no, those are just regular combos. In Aile, start with Back Melee or Boost Dash Melee; follow up with Forward or Neutral for a Sword change combo, Shoot for an Agni stab to point-blank shot, or Back then Shoot for a stomp and point-blank Agni.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
ZeonsSilverStar

While I'm excited about both suits this video makes The O look like a beast.

http://www.b.bngi-channel.jp/gdexvs/dow ... html#movie
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
Cyn_Finnegan

Any game that has Duo Maxwell and Deathscythe Hell in it is GOOD.
"Just watch me ... I'll become the God of Death once again, but right now ... I need some sleep."

- Duo Maxwell, from Gundam Wing episode 23. Best. Line. EVER.
domino

Deathscythe Hell Custom you mean. But yes, it is a beast especially in the right hands.

Of course, RX-78 can be very dangerous when you know how.
DuelGundam2099

So yeah, the main site's twitter feed mentioned something about new downloadable content, does this refer to Gottrlatan and The O or has new stuff been announced?
ZeonsSilverStar

For some reason I can't login from my laptop so I can't post the link but the DLC scheduled for the end of this month is the Freedom,Hi Nu Gundam,and the Zeong.

Edit: All those attempts finally paid off.
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201201/11008202.html
AmuroNT1

The DLC is slated for the 26th, and some suspect it's going to be the final DLC thanks to the inclusion of Hi-Nu.

Movesets:

Zeong (2000)
a: Finger MP Cannon
b: Wired Arms
ab: Finger MP Cannon (Focus Shot)
ac: Waist MP Cannon
bc: Wired Arms (Launch)

Freedom (2000)
a: Beam Rifle
b: Beam Saber
ab: Plasma Beam Cannons/Railcannons
ac: Hi-MAT Full Burst
bc: Special Movement (Side Roll)
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

ZeonsSilverStar

I guess it wouldn't be too surprising if this is the last pack. Now if I recall correctly the Hi Nu is supposed to free which is nice for all the people who couldn't get before. Moving on I finally got around to getting some of the DLC units today and out of the two I got, the Gottrlatan and Arche Gundam, I must the Gottrlatan does seem alittle overpowered.
SlowTurtle

Quick question; How long does it take for PlayAsia to ship Gundam Extreme Vs.? Ordered back on the 4th of Jan. and still nothing by e-mail. Ordered using UPS method.
"Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again."
--Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: Generations
ZeonsSilverStar

If I recall mine came alittle over a week after the first of December, of course I reserved my copy about a month in advance and I used FedEx.
AmuroNT1

I used FedEx shipping and ordered well before the release, and it ended up arriving on the 2nd (tho I didn't get it until the 3rd because I JUST missed the delivery guy). If you look on P-A's website you can find a rough estimate of how long the shipping will take.

SlowTurtle

Thanks I'll just wait then and hope Play Asia ships it. Any advice for first time player when I do get my copy? Jan. 11th was the ship date but no word yet.
"Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again."
AmuroNT1

It all depends on if you've played any of the Vs games at all before. Either way, I'd recommend playing a few games in Vs Mode with lowered difficulty to get adjusted before you jump into Arcade or especially online matches. If you have friends with the game, you should probably start off your online career with them before you start going for pugs, because like all online games this one can be SRS FKN BZNZ.

2NA Fish

I finally got my copy 2 days ago. Shipped on 20th December but took a while due to the Christmas backlog. I usually get my Play-Asia stuff in about a week or 2 if I go with the cheapest shipping option

Cleared Trial Mode yesterday. Screw those multiple MA boss fights, but the toughest one I think was the 4v1 fight. I only won that because I managed to throw out 3 EX Burst nukes in succession.

Still getting used to the stepping and boosting system. Haven't gone online yet, but loving the game.

At first I hated how you can't just Extreme Burst out of any combo like in OMNI vs ZAFT, but after a bit of play, I think it promotes more intelligent use of the EX meter.

I'll probably get the DLC later after I've given most of the other MS a try. Would love for them to keep releasing more DLC for the next 12 months, but highly unlikely.
SlowTurtle

Thank you NT1 and my package just went out today ^_^ anymore tips would be most helpful and thank you again.
AmuroNT1

Just downloaded The-O and Gottrlatan. The-O is fast for its size and relies heavily upon its assists (Palace Athene does a saber slash that stuns, B-Sahmaan shields and fires in conjunction with your BR). Gottrlatan is a walking friendly fire machine thanks to its scattering cannon and missiles, but the Rig Contio assist is just plain unfair.

SlowTurtle: I'm not sure how familiar you are with the Vs. Series and I don't want to end up saying some real "no duh" stuff. But in general, the systems you'll need to master are side-stepping (double-tap any direction), boost dashing (double-tap X), and shield guard (tap Down then Up). Everything else should come pretty easily. Also remember that melee combos depend on what direction you're holding when you press the button, and learn to use your step cancel to extend your combos. Try to mind the MS types in the battle and avoid getting into a bad situation (like being in a mainly melee suit and having to charge in through ZZ's arsenal). Above all else, remember that you're most vulnerable when you land from a jump, so it's a good idea to guard or to save a little Boost so you can step or BD before you land.