Masou Kishin II: Revelation of Evil God

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Arsarcana

Re: Masou Kishin II: Revelation of Evil God

Interesting thing to note about the two new designs, both are intended to replace an existing Masouki. Leogeila is intended to replace the Jeifar and Delgran is going to replace the Fenter (which had better not get scrapped so we can see it working with La Wenter like it was meant to).

Also, didn't notice it before but there's a mention of the Blowell in Diablo's profile and I spotted a Gadifall in one of the new map screenshots.
Kuruni

Well, Blowell is pretty much MP Diablo with smaller and less guns.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Arsarcana

I know, I'm just glad to see the EX units getting recognized again. For the next trick, let's see if they can't find a way to bring the EX downgrade units (Wizoll and Nols) and the destroyed LotE ones (Ismile first and foremost) into RoEG so we can see everything nicely animated like they deserve.
hitokirigarou

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8881/mk21.jpg
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/9213/mk22.jpg

Granzon has a new attack called the Distorion Break.

ディンフレイル (Dinflail?)
- A strong, agile masouki equipped with powerful heat-based weaponry.
- Its elemental attribute is fire (obviously).
- It has a connection to the Dinforce. The paragraph is cropped so I can't get the full information.
- Its pilot is ギド・ゼーホ-ファー (Guido Seehofer?), voiced by Takuya Kirimoto (Robert H. Oomiya in the OG anime).
- Guido is summoned from the surface to La Gias.
Arsarcana

Also, more Ryuune fighting/flirting and I have no idea what Wendy said to make Senia look like that. I suppose we could also say this confirms which route the game isn't following but I figure everyone else was probably assuming the same thing I was and that the Volkruss route was the canon one anyways.

Also, buyable Skills and Support Attack/Defense are in.
Arsarcana

Still no Rosalie-specific Masouki...

I like how they're making elements even more important. Affecting movement in different terrain types, counterattack percentages... nice. Also sounds like we've got a new country (Erial, Elial?) to play around in and there's some interesting stuff about Masouki here:

The Svend Needam can form a contract with spirits of any element.

The Kyoumei Aka (that's a very Japanese name for a Shutedonias machine) is described as a 3rd-Generation Masouki and performs on the level of a Masoukishin. I'm curious where the line is drawn between generations.
DuelGundam2099

Rumor at GameFaqs says a second preview video will be released tomorrow.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/647928-s ... 985?page=2

Thought someone would have mentioned this sooner, but oh well.
Kuruni

Yes! It's great to see most of old allies are back (I think only two missing are Rodney and Elis). And whole new antagonist cast are interesting (look like people of Shutedonias still follow Raset's footstep, guess Rodney doesn't win election :P ). Load of new moves are pretty cool as well. Zelvoid has fangs...scary.

It appear that you can use Duraxyl once again.

And Presia is even more cute, hehehe. :mrgreen:
My girlfriend was a loli.
Arsarcana

You know, I somehow completely missed the implications of Duraxyll being on the right side. Wow. Now can I has Eulid (with remote weapons) and Ismile please?

Also, they've confirmed multiple pilots again since we've now seen Giolast in multiple hands (Rodney was executing Burning Dive in PV1 so he's in). The only unit that hasn't shown up yet is Fenter and now that Rosalie showed up the only unseen pilot is Elis. This is mildly worrying since Delgran is supposed to be replacing Fenter. I want Elis and I want my Fenter/La Wenter combo.

Oh, and speaking of which, Akashic Smasher finally appears! Well, it's probably not called that but in any case, Masaki and Ryuune finally have a combo attack.
DuelGundam2099

Okay so I was poking around the GameFaqs forums ('cause I had nothing better to do) and there is this rumor going around that
Spoiler
Asakim from Z1 and 2 is in around stage 45 or something.
Doubt it's true, but you never know.
hitokirigarou

Some of the new attacks for the Masoukishin plus Valsione R and Diablo:

Cybaster - Tekizangeki Engetsu
Valsione R - Makyuu Mirage Ball, Kakusan Crossmasher
Granveil - Denkou Eiri Shunpuu Zan
Gaddes - Cataract Splash, Jormungand Ouroboros
Zamzeed - Twin Fracture, Choudokyuu Shindou Ken
Diablo - Brush (or Brash?) Blade, Hyper Rail Cannon, Yuusui no Okutsuki

The romanization for some of them might be wrong.
Wingnut

Arsarcana wrote:Oh, and speaking of which, Akashic Smasher finally appears! Well, it's probably not called that but in any case, Masaki and Ryuune finally have a combo attack.
Yeah, it seems to be of the more basic twin sword variety with their respective trademark blades.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
hitokirigarou

Another new attack for Cybaster: Shinden Ranbu no Tachi. I assume this is the one where the Vanity Ripper is used in for the finishing blow.
Arsarcana

Brush Blade, interesting. Those are the same swords Galgard uses. The last round of screenshots showed some major changes to weapons so I suppose it's not too shocking. At least Presia isn't following in Gino's footsteps and replacing the Plasma Sword with yet another Discutter.

Oh yeah, that same round confirmed that at least some of the upgraded weapons are now defaults... and have upgrades of their own. Jaohm starts with Hyper Railgun and that can upgrade to Hyper Railcannon for example. At the same time, Gaddeth has been seen using Hydro Pressure rather than Jotunheim so it appears at least some of the original upgrades have to be earned again. *crosses fingers that Splash Fall is one as well*
hitokirigarou

I like how Dinflail's final attack (View to a Kill) and its upgrade (Your Eyes Only) are references to James Bond.

Rodney's final attack made me laugh. Its name, Bonsan ga he wo koita, actually means, "A Buddhist monk farted." "Bonsan ga he wo koita" seems to be a variation of "Darumasan ga koronda", Rodney's upgraded final attack from the first game. Both attacks are named after children's games. To fellow Pinoys: remember the game, Pepsi 7-Up, which you've probably played in your childhood? They have similar rules.
DuelGundam2099

Neo Granzon returns in all it's destructive glory. On another note, here is one of the three new mechs with a vid featuring all of it's attacks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwDEpuiy ... kHJPwhBVy1

I wonder what Leogeira and Zelvoid have for attacks. I also wonder what other new entities premier here.