Homefront

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
NastyNate

Homefront

I just beat Homefront and to me this is the true WW3 game for this year. Unlike MW3 that markets it that way. MW3 just seemed so unbelievable. It was a great game don't get me wrong but Homefront was just WOW. It sucked me in the whole way and I felt that it was totally believable. The environments where so gripping and I had to just pause at the final scene. On a side note the online play is really fun. A perfect blend of the fast passed style of COD and the big set pieces and vehicles of Battlefield. I wish this game would have got more attention. But at least it got enough to justify a sequel that crytek is making.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Amadi Akintunde

Re: Homefront

Homefront wasn't World War III, though. Just the US versus a rather unrealistic interpretation of Korea - the South isn't going to be joining the North any time soon, I think.

The story itself is pretty alright, but in the end it felt more like the game's writer was trying to compensate for how bad Red Dawn was(seeing as he was the one who penned that movie). The storytelling overall is indeed better than Call of Duty's, but the story itself is more or less something we've all seen (and will be seeing again with the Red Dawn remake) before. Couldn't really bring myself to like the characters, though.

It's hard to believe how life at this moment is slowly imitating art, as almost every event presented in the game's intro is starting to come to pass. I can't see Korea's military actually beating us in a war, though - they're incredibly out of touch with the modern world in terms of competence, what with being isolated for so long. Still, it is quite unnerving.

The story was great; the gameplay however was bad and full of bugs. Nor has the look of the game aged particularly well. Voice acting's pretty hammy, too. And the sound engineering... especially for the gun sounds... ugh.
ORegan

Homefront was meh to me.

The story that takes place prior(if you read through all them news articles in game) was pretty interesting, but overall unrealistic. I read somewhere prior to its release that the plan was for it to be China and not Korea, but that caused some problems and they were switched to another country that paranoid Americans think is out to get them.

The ingame story wasn't too thrilling. As soon as you set foot in the peaceful area where the rebels live off the land, who here didn't figure out that the Koreans were going to wipe everyone out, including the children? Did that shock anyone? The only somewhat shocking part of the story was when you hide in that mass grave with an arm hanging over head.

And the online was terrible, taking eight or nine tries to actually find a game server to join.

mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
NastyNate

I play on the ps3 and have never had more than a few seconds to join a game. The games are always smooth and virtually lag free. People I have played on there are pretty nice too. Added a friend recently. I love the story in the game and can not wait for part 2!
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ