Gundam @ Anime Expo 2011

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
LightningCount

Gundam @ Anime Expo 2011

Bandai Entertainment, Sunrise, and Bandai Visual have announced a boatload of events, screenings, and panels for AX'11. Some of which will feature key staff from Japan, including one on "Gundam's fascinating future" by Sunrise with Yasuo Miyakawa (Senior Managing Director) and Shin Sasaki (General Manager of the Gundam Division). Also of note, Gundam 00 Movie and Gundam UC will be shown and there will be an introduction by Seiji Mizushima and guests including VAs.

All details and events here:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/press-r ... o-schedule
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
Amadi Akintunde

Re: Gundam @ Anime Expo 2011

Gundam's fascinating future, eh? It's unfortunate that I won't be able to go. I'd have loved to experience all that Gundam.
SilverSumo

Anybody else make it to AX '11?

Of all the Gundam related events, I was at the Unicorn and Trailblazer Screenings and their respective panels, the Official Gundam Panel and the Gundam.com panel. They were all pretty great.

It was really interesting to hear Mizushima talk about 00, and at the Unicorn panel, there was official confirmation that Puru should be pronounced Pull, complete with a 'pulling' motion accompanying the word to make it absolutely clear.

If you were also at the Gundam.com panel, I was that guy who 'defended' the Sumo in the debate game they did.
Dollow

SilverSumo wrote:Anybody else make it to AX '11?

It was really interesting to hear Mizushima talk about 00.
The most interesting thing that came out of that, was the fact that most of the people at Sunrise were against the idea of aliens in gundam. Good stuff, seeing 00 on the big screen was a big highlight, I will never forget it.
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
Android raptor

May I ask what the Gundam.com panel was like? That name brings back so much nostalgia. Any word if they'll ever get the site and forum back running?
Let me show you my Pokemons!
Liking characters no one else does since 1989.
tHeWasTeDYouTh

a very special person asked about STEAMPUNK GUNDAM

lol I burst out laughing when the guys at gundamn mentioned it, a friend of mine was in that place and he told me the same thing
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
Admiral Larsen

I was there at that panel and it was an interesting panel to say to least with the Q&A (of which I participated in) offering some interesting moments and questions.
SilverSumo

Long, long after that panel I got to thinking, isn't Turn A Gundam basically Steampunk Gundam?