What did you get for Christmas? 2011 (post your stuff here)

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Mu La Flaga

What did you get for Christmas? 2011 (post your stuff here)

Ok so in Australia it is once again that time of year, Christmas Day :P
And once again posting my stuff I got this year.

I got.
New Sandals(nice onces)
$10 EB Games Gift Voucher
Wind in the Willows on DVD
Super Mario 3D Land
$25 in cash.

That is all it seems.
So I'm curious to see what everyone else gets.
Dark Duel

Re: What did you get for Christmas? 2011 (post your stuff he

$10 Half-Price Books Gift Card
24" flat-screen TV
"Hayabusa" T-shirt
leather biker jacket
Bose speaker dock for iPad/iPhone
Hoodie sweater
Plus a buddy of mine from out of town said he'd sent me a new Gunpla, but didn't say which. Hasn't arrived yet.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Turinu

First off, Merry Christmas guys!

As for what I've gotten...

Norelco All-in-one Grooming Kit (7 Pieces) - Totally needed one after my other one broke down, :(
GT 450 Card - Not the best, but it was at a good price and better than my age-old 7950 GT
4GB RAM - Now I finally have a reason to update to Windows 7, now that I have a total of 6GBs of RAM to put into it.
Dell Monitor - An old hand-me down from my brother; color's a bit faded, but it serves its purpose for using dual monitors to throw all the extra menus in Sketchup to the side.
Rune Factory PS3 - Played the one for the Wii and it was good, hope this is the same.
Christmas Money Checks - One from my wonderful Grandmother and wonderful Father. Gotta try and save it up though...
Wingnut

Nothing certainly as flashy or impressive as some above me, but quite practical.

Some pants and shirts I needed for work as well as a pocket planner for the new year.
New floor mats for my car.
A new couch/pillow so I can sit up and read in bed.
The 2012 "Ships of the Line" Star Trek calender.

Not much, but much of what I asked for.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
ShadowCell

oh yeah it's that time of the year again huh

well!

-mmmmmmmmmmmoney!
-gift cards, for Carl's Jr. and Jamba Juice, which is better than it sounds because there's one of each on campus and now I don't have to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches every day forever
-G Gundam Anime Legends I and II
-Gundam SEED Anime Legends I
-a frickin' sweet picture of Darth Vader
-some UCLA swag
-a microphone to replace the one my GOD DAMN CAT ATE
-and about a month ago, a tablet from my friends on Skype, who taught me the magic of friendship
-and a couple weeks ago I got myself a Fullerton College alumni shirt, since I'm technically finally an alumnus of Fullerton College and buying an alumni shirt when you're not actually an alumnus is kind of tacky

so yes happy holidays to all you people and things!
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

On this day, all I got was 3 pairs of sport socks. Prior to this. . .

1/144 Jenice
1/144 Zoloat
1/144 Javelin
Used Leo Army Mode (Green) action figure
Style X parts separator w/ free sanding tools

Quite a haul, all things considered.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
mcred23

Typical year for me...

- Money and Gift Cards (About $300)
- 1600 Microsoft Points for Xbox Live
- A(nother) Colts t-shirt (Come on, #1 pick! :roll:)
- George Carlin's A Place For My Stuff on CD
- U.S. Fish & Wildlife Coffee Mug
- Baseball hat (Which was too big so it's getting exchanged by the giver)
- New pair of jeans
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
SNT1

Merry Christmas to all, here's what I've got:

$25 Target gift card
$50 Honeybaked Ham gift card
iPod nano 8gb
Matching headphones
Fossil watch
2 Polo shirts
Ralph Lauren wallet
3-month Xbox live

Probably my 2nd most expensive lineup (after the Christmas where I got X360 and Gears), and the least nerdiest by a fair margin. Good stuff, though.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
ChroniK

What I got for Christmas was
-a set of tools
-a new bike
-new shoes
-a new scarf
-25$ Visa Gift Card
"They have been waiting all this time. Waiting while time stood still around them. However, time has begun to flow again. Because of Cardeas Vist's actions." - Full Frontal
Red Comet90

I got way too many clothes for Christmas so I won't be posting that. :mrgreen:

I got:
-Dead Space Martyr
-Warhammer 40k Omnibus (Blood Angels)
-Warhammer 40k Models: Furioso Dreadnought, Shadowsword
-150 dollars worth in cash.
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
Areku

Ya know, I'm actually somewhat surprised just how happy I was to receive a pack of decent white undershirts and socks this year. Ah, living in a 45 cubic foot volume on a ship...

Got:
-World War Z
-Mario Kart 7
-I am better than your kids (strong language)
-A box of Angry Birds gummies
-A pack of 100th anniversary Oreos
-Whatever's in the package still chasing me around the Pacific, despite the fact I've been stationary for the past month
Outlaw

A new computer! It's not all that powerful but, seeing as my previous one was so old I literally couldn't get a better graphics card, I think it'll do. Also, the promise of a capture card to go with it, as soon as I figure out which one I want. Lastly, I'll be getting my ceremonial model kit, I'm thinking maybe the HG Gundam X.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
ORegan

For Christmas this year I got lube, handcuffs, and a copy of National Geographic's documentary on Nile Crocodiles....all unrelated.....<.<

What I really got is as follows;

-Clothes...so many that I won't even bother listing them off
-A black Adidas hat, which is a gift my aunt has given me for over 12 years. I've been rockin' the black hat before Tiger Woods was even a professional. :P
-The hangover II
-Around $200 in both cash and gift cards
-Headphones with a mic for my phone.
-30 cans of Jolt cola, various flavors. Who else thinks that's the best one? :P
-A Swiss Army knife
-Random little things like shaving cream and chocolate coins. Somehow the shaving cream tasted better.

What I got others(since no one else listed this one off.) Lulz were had this christmas

-$50 dollar giftcard to my sister. This was taped to the bottom of a large gift bag and said giftbag was filled with 5 packs of tissue paper. She thought she got an awesome gift when I handed it to her.

-A very expensive hair dryer for my mom, which was wrapped with plastic snakes taped to the sides.(She hates snakes, and almost refused to open her gift.)

-A bathrobe for my older brother complete with pants made of the same material...so now he can hibernate like a bear. He also got a track suit and a poster of Justin Beiber. His stuff was put into a black trashbag which was filled with newspaper and left near the trash barrel. He didn't believe me when I told him where his gift was.

-The last four books of A song of Ice and Fire for my little bro. Each one was wrapped individually, then wrapped in pairs. Then those two pairs where wrapped together. Then they were wrapped in plastic wrap. Then that was put into a plastic bag. Then duct taped excessively, and then wrapped with wrapping paper one more time. I have a video of him trying to unwrap it, and I will upload it to youtube when I find the computer cord for my blackberry. :P

-My boss got a $20 giftcard to Dunkin Donuts because she's addicted to the place.
-One of my friends got a scented candle with her favorite scent, a giant bag of Reese's peanut butter cups, and a liter of Mountain Dew. (both of those are her favorite candy and soda respectively.)
-Another friend got a polar bear hat, which is an inside joke of me trying to force my appreciation for the large creature onto her. :P
-My grandparents got a DVD + VCR combo player because they still like to watch VHS's and theirs shit the bed. They both also got little things to go along with it.

All in all I pretty much broke even with spending, although most of it is in giftcards and chocolate coins, so my places to spend it on is limited somewhat. :P
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
DAG101

I got razors and shaving cream (cuz apparently I'm NOT allowed to rock a beard <.< ) from my parents, as well as a book about Dewey the library cat, I got lots of shirts and pants and stuff from my grandparents, my mom got me a nice scarf and gloves that match my cashmere-lined black duster.

My brother got me League of Extraordinary Gentlemen issue 1, and an original print of the comic adaption of Batman: Mask of the Phantasm.

My boyfriend couldn't get me anything really, due to money being tight with him and his roommate, but he borrow some DVD's from his friend, so we could watch Neon Genesis Evangelion together (I've gotten him interested in mecha anime, though he couldn't make it through more than one episode of the original Gundam, because of how seventies it looks XD)
Wingnut

DAG101 wrote: and an original print of the comic adaption of Batman: Mask of the Phantasm.
:shock:
(I've gotten him interested in mecha anime, though he couldn't make it through more than one episode of the original Gundam, because of how seventies it looks XD)
Have you tried the three movies? Those have a bit more polish and have a bit more of an early 80s feel to them.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Dark Duel

Dark Duel wrote:a buddy of mine from out of town said he'd sent me a new Gunpla, but didn't say which. Hasn't arrived yet.
Finally received the kit in question; it's actually two - HGAW Gundam X (Which I already had, but that's fine b/c it means I can repair mine - the Satellite Cannon broke a while back) and Forever Gundam - which other than GPB Hi-Nu is really the only kit from that line I wanted.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Raiden

I actually just got mine today cause the mail got clogged thanks to the Holiday Rush but with breaking my usual tradition of getting Gundams, i got me some SH Figuarts :D

I got Gokai Green and Gokai Blue with their Darins. Now im a good step closer to completing the Gokaiger series soon.
DAG101

Wingnut wrote:
DAG101 wrote: and an original print of the comic adaption of Batman: Mask of the Phantasm.
:shock:
(I've gotten him interested in mecha anime, though he couldn't make it through more than one episode of the original Gundam, because of how seventies it looks XD)
Have you tried the three movies? Those have a bit more polish and have a bit more of an early 80s feel to them.
I can't find any copies of it--apparently his friend doesn't have the movies, just the show--but I told him to look for it.