Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
PhineBuyM3

Re: Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

Article on Full Boost, looks like Infinite Justice can use the beam sabers on the METEOR.
http://andriasang.com/comzhz/gundam_boost/
DuelGundam2099

For some reason I found the pics of Meer suggestively funny. As for the article, it's a nice bit of info.
AmuroNT1

PhineBuyM3 wrote:Article on Full Boost, looks like Infinite Justice can use the beam sabers on the METEOR.
http://andriasang.com/comzhz/gundam_boost/
That's the article typo'ing; in FB every machine will have a Burst Attack supermove. In I-Justice's case it's a METEOR beam saber attack. We also see Nu's (a revised Last Shooting) and Providence's (DRAGOON spam).
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
NastyNate

With the new gundam seed vita game being announced anyone else interested in that one?

I know I am. The region free capabilitys of my psp was my favorite feature and I got almost all of the gundam games.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
BlackLion

NastyNate wrote:With the new gundam seed vita game being announced anyone else interested in that one?

I know I am. The region free capabilitys of my psp was my favorite feature and I got almost all of the gundam games.
Seed itself isn't interesting to me, and the last couple of Artdink games have been disappointing to say the least. The only reason Battle Universe was so good was because it was an expansion of 2 previous ones.

I'll wait for the Unicorn game and Gundam Musou 4.
NastyNate

BlackLion wrote:
NastyNate wrote:With the new gundam seed vita game being announced anyone else interested in that one?

Seed itself isn't interesting to me, and the last couple of Artdink games have been disappointing to say the least. The only reason Battle Universe was so good was because it was an expansion of 2 previous ones.

I'll wait for the Unicorn game and Gundam Musou 4.
Do you think that the Unicorn or Gundam Musou 4 will support vita? I agree the last good battle was universe and I am not all that fond of seed. However the graphics for this seen in the screens look great and I think playing around with the seed suits will be fun. I wonder if they will change their engine for this as far as the controls and how the game plays. Well I am excited to find out. Anyone else? I hope this supports online.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

Xenosynth

I want to give it a try. SEED is one of my most disliked AUs, for story and characters, however, I do really enjoy some of their mobile suits from the variations and manga series. Most of any in the Astray Series seem pretty cool to me. I do hope it does extend far beyond just SEED and SEED Destiny.

Edit: Saw some screenshots, and wooo, it has the Astray Red Frame, so I think I can assume it will include variations and the like. As much as I liked the old PSP Gundam Battle games, Battle universe being the last I played, I do hope they have more of a variety in... style I guess? I think the most annoying thing in the series were, especially for the grunt suits, the fact that they tend to feel exactly like you are using the same ones. I mean, I am happy they included so much, but it started to feel like they just were trying to cram as many as possible, again, not a bad thing, but I wish there were some more variations to the suits.
Arsarcana

Battle Destiny is by the same team that made all the other ones so I doubt that the issues regarding a lot of suits blurring together and the generally poor melee system will be fixed. Consider how Assault Survive handled melee-centric suits like Exia; if they couldn't get the main character's suit right then don't think they're likely to improve much. Also, you can see that their tradition of randomly adding extra weapons remains in effect: Red Frame is sporting a pair of swords and it's not using the Kai frame where it actually has two of the things.

That being said, at least the game looks nice. I won't be buying it on release but afterwards if it sounds like they've improved the gameplay enough I might be persuaded give it a go.
Xenosynth

I have to agree about that. Melee centric suits felt just plain wrong. I haven't played Assault Survive, but I haven't heard good things about it. Since I am more UC centric anyway I didn't see the point of getting it, all it had extra were some F91, and Victory Gundam suits, and I think like 2 more from MS Igloo, I know it had the Hidolfr but that aside, melee combat in those games just... completely blew. I believe everything had the same attacks, it was a 3 hit combo, and if you were in a mobile armor with no arms, or any flight type suit, you would ram them.

If it's the same studio I don't know how much better it'd do. Can just pray I guess xD THough, I will say, in other words for upcoming games, dat Unicorn game looks so awesome.
NastyNate

Finally a trailer with some gameplay of the new unicorn game. The gameplay is not until the video is almost over but it is worth the wait. The gameplay looks better than the cutscenes.
http://andriasang.com/comzpq/gundam_uc_trailer/

CJack90

hopefully its not a railshooter like encounter in space was and I hope its comes to the u.s. if this game is real good hopefully this game and 0081 will set the bar standard for gundam games in the future as they keep building on momentum..
NastyNate

I'd say the best space mode in gundam was the space gameplay in Gundam perfect one year war for the ps2. Anyone else played that one?

2NA Fish

Is that one anything like the Zeta Gundam and Char's Counterattack games for PS1? I've hardly touched the PS2 Gundam games except for the VS series ones.
Arsarcana

CJack90 wrote:hopefully its not a railshooter like encounter in space was
When exactly was EiS a railshooter outside of a couple of specific missions?
AmuroNT1

The Unicorn game is being developed by From Software, so I'd bet on its playing like Another Century's Episode. I've been told it's vaguely similar to Zone of the Enders, but I've never touched that franchise so I can't say.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Doctord

Well that looks like the Gundam game I've been dreaming of. Definitely buying this when it comes out.
" Or you could go the G Gundam route and have MS shaped like fish and windmills. Plus old men taking down MS with towels."

Char Aznable touching your butt is like the Gundam version of being knighted!
brunoafh

Gundam Unicorn looks great. Looks like a much less sloppy ACE:R gameplay-wise. With that low price point, looks like I'm gonna be importing this on day one.
2NA Fish

Mmmm. Might decide to wait it out on PS3 Unicorn. We only have 2 episodes left to go, and when it's done they'll probably release an upgrade to the game with more content, like the various MS from ep 4. I can wait another year.