The Official Eureka Seven Ao Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
HydroStorm

The Official Eureka Seven Ao Anime Thread Mk I

http://eurekaao-prj.net/
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... next-month
Apparently Eureka Seven is getting a sequel manga/anime.
Not totally sure how I feel about this, I haven't really been too interested in the series since the movies, but I'll probably check it out for the pretty particles and mech fights and maybe it'll be good.
Mu La Flaga

Re: Eureka Seven Ao

interesting, didn't think Eureka 7 needed a sequel really did it?
yazi88

Better a sequel series than a crappy alternate spin-off movie. I still get a bad taste in my mouth every time I even think about that horrible movie.
DuelGundam2099

Am I the only one that liked the movie more than the show? Aside from reducing TheEND into a pokemon (although I have to admit he is cute, although I swear I think he's gonna yell "Puru!" whenever he floats around) instead of an alien cyborg war machine, why the hell do people hate it? Did renaming Antibody Coralians just unsettle a nerve? Is there a rivalry between Specs 3 and V? Did Dewy have a serious fan base? Was the ending a serious turnoff? Did giving the Devilfish a mini-Orchius make people want to rip their eyes out of their sockets?

As for this, lets just see where this goes.
ZeonsSilverStar

I can't comment on the movie as I've never seen, but from what I've read its not too good, but I guess a sequel would be cool. I wonder how it'll connect to the previous story?
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
Chris
Administrator

DuelGundam2099 wrote:Am I the only one that liked the movie more than the show? Aside from reducing TheEND into a pokemon (although I have to admit he is cute, although I swear I think he's gonna yell "Puru!" whenever he floats around) instead of an alien cyborg war machine, why the hell do people hate it? Did renaming Antibody Coralians just unsettle a nerve? Is there a rivalry between Specs 3 and V? Did Dewy have a serious fan base? Was the ending a serious turnoff? Did giving the Devilfish a mini-Orchius make people want to rip their eyes out of their sockets?

Spoiler
Let's see, there's the whole thing of turning everyone from Gekkostate into a bunch of jerks, completely contrary to how the characters were before. Then there's this convoluted nonsense that they're actually all a bunch of kids, but through science weirdness got aged into adults. Aside from the Dendrobium-ish attachment the Devilfish gets later on, I don't see what there is to LIKE about this movie. Even as its own entity independent of the TV series, it's a terrible product.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Mu La Flaga

DuelGundam2099 wrote:Am I the only one that liked the movie more than the show? Aside from reducing TheEND into a pokemon (although I have to admit he is cute, although I swear I think he's gonna yell "Puru!" whenever he floats around) instead of an alien cyborg war machine, why the hell do people hate it? Did renaming Antibody Coralians just unsettle a nerve? Is there a rivalry between Specs 3 and V? Did Dewy have a serious fan base? Was the ending a serious turnoff? Did giving the Devilfish a mini-Orchius make people want to rip their eyes out of their sockets?

For me I like the movie over the tv series, for one thing it removes those kids which I hated to no end in the tv series, not so much a focus on big lots of music or sky surfing/riding trappar waves.

I mean yeah the movie had downsides of turning some characters in to complete jerks in the movie, removing Dewey.
Making Anemone's role different ect.
But there are some bits of the movie I really like over the tv series.
So I lean towards liking the movie more.
zetatype

I guess its because the movie took just about everything many people loved from the TV series and turned it upside down. IMO the movie was not bad, just very different (though the movie's execution was less than stellar). In the end I thought it was an interesting alternative look at Eureka Seven, though I can't really blame people for wanting to fire it into the sun.
Last edited by zetatype on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strike Zero

DuelGundam2099 wrote:Am I the only one that liked the movie more than the show?
Nope. I happened to enjoy the movie very much, even more so than I enjoyed the show.
Spoiler
The soundtrack was absolutely awesome. In addition to the Devilfish + the super pack, the Nirvash's final form looked way better than it did in the TV show. Renton was a pretty cool dude from beginning to end, and I actually thought movie-Nirvash was kinda cute. <_< Stop looking at me like that.

Yeah, the Gekko State a whole was altered pretty radically, but I personally never really loved them all that much to begin with, so I ended up finding the movie's take on them to be quite interesting. Of course, I imagine the plot would have left one pretty lost if they'd never seen the TV show prior, but, well... I had, so it was ultimately pretty satisfying for me. It doesn't hurt that the new action scenes were just balls-to-the-wall intense fun.

Now, I suppose it's worth mentioning that there was a pretty significant two-or-three year gap between the time I finished the TV series, and the time I actually sat down to watch the movie. I don't know how much my opinion on the movie may or may not have changed if my recollection of the series as a whole was fresher, but frankly, it doesn't really matter to me too much -- I enjoyed watching it a whole lot, and that's what I have to take away from the experience.

P.S.: Once she de-aged, mature Anemone gave me a massive boner. This was, without a doubt, a very special and welcome bonus. :D
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
HydroStorm

I tended to enjoy the movie a lot as well. A couple of the plot changes I did find a little odd, but overall I liked it.
Mu La Flaga wrote:interesting, didn't think Eureka 7 needed a sequel really did it?
I'd have to agree there, though.
DuelGundam2099

I think my title here should be "Local Grox" since things that are my favorite are considered by most mecha fans "the worst" or "most cliched" while things you guys like I tend to think are over rated even when I enjoy them. :lol:
LightningCount

Talk about another anime resurrection. It's been a while; I'm not really sure why they'd do this. :? Somehow or another, I always ended up missing a handful of the concluding episodes when E7 was on CN. It had its moments, and had nice animation, but as a whole, it never gelled for me. I never felt truly connected to the characters. It's ironic that they're doing another E7, because BONES did a spiritual follow-up to it in Xam'd: Lost Memories, which I'm still working my way through. I'm 13 episodes into that one and have found its cast a lot more genuine and captivating than the cast of E7, though it's still got a long way to go in moving the story and action to make it into the top shelf.
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
Mu La Flaga

LightningCount wrote:Talk about another anime resurrection. It's been a while; I'm not really sure why they'd do this. :? Somehow or another, I always ended up missing a handful of the concluding episodes when E7 was on CN. It had its moments, and had nice animation, but as a whole, it never gelled for me. I never felt truly connected to the characters. It's ironic that they're doing another E7, because BONES did a spiritual follow-up to it in Xam'd: Lost Memories, which I'm still working my way through. I'm 13 episodes into that one and have found its cast a lot more genuine and captivating than the cast of E7, though it's still got a long way to go in moving the story and action to make it into the top shelf.
Hey Lightning Count you reckon if didn't like the TV series much you may give the movie a go and see if that clicks more somehow?

It seems to have worked for me and 1-2 other just to note that much. :P
Toxicity

I watched the movie practically the moment it was first available, and I hated it. I rewatched it a couple months ago for the first time since it's initial release, and I enjoyed it alot more the second time. I absolutely agree that the movie takes almost everything we all knew and loved about the TV show and shat on it, and the reason why I was able to enjoy it more the second time around is because it's been at least two or two and a half years since I watched the show, so my memory of the show itself is a bit rusty, thus I was able to be a bit more lenient on my judgement and accept the movie as simply a different story.

I look forward to the new show, and I've heard many other people on other forums say they plan to rewatch the original E7 show prior to AO's airing, but I don't plan to do so, because I fear that if I were to do that I'd be setting my expectations too high and leave myself far too open to disappointment.
Gatx

So the first chapter of the sequel manga that the sequel anime will be based on is out, anyone read it yet?
Toxicity

I've read the first chapter of the manga. Its a pretty generic way to start a mecha story. Main character is bored in his town doing fuck all then gets caught up in somebody's dirty business and finds himself in the cockpit of a giant robot one way or another.

I think the only character from the original show who is mentioned at all is Eureka.
Spoiler
It is implied that she is dead, but there's zero evidence to support the implication.
ZeonsSilverStar

Yeah that pretty much sums up what happened. I'm not too sure about the Nirvashs current design. Sure its back to looking like a robot but I enjoyed the Spec 3 quite a bit.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
Gatx

I'm pretty curious as to how the world became the way it is. On the one hand it seems like they're on Earth, what with the mention of Japanese soldiers and what not (I guess technically they always were but that's different) but trapars still exist, or at least that's what I think that's how those flying cars were working. Then there's the new terminology like FP as opposed to LFO and KLF to describe the Nirvash. I mean, it IS supposed to be a sequel right? I wonder if movie might not figure into this as well, since that brought in the concept of alternate worlds and what not.
DuelGundam2099

And so the preview video got released and I have to say the light finding operations look way better here than they do in the original series or the movie (hell, this Type Zero looks kind of cool). Not exactly excited for anything else though.
Toxicity

I'm glad to hear that somebody likes the new designs. Most other people I've heard from on the web seem to think that they look too much like Aquarion or one of Kawamori's Armored Core designs, and I kinda agree with them.