Geoxile's blah blah blah thread

The place to share your artwork.
Geoxile

Geoxile's blah blah blah thread

http://i.imgur.com/EEJYp.jpg

NU/M-06

New Union's Armored Gestalt. officially named the "Desda" for the head engineer of the mech. It's more commonly known as the "Number 6" or "Six" as a play of the acronyms and model number.

The basic model is the NU/M-06. A very versatile and modifiable AG, it was designed to be a general model, capable of working efficiently in virtually all terrain and environments. Its origin is based in the enemy's own AG.

The NU/M-06L, the 6 Cannon, is a fire support variant of the basic Number 6. There have been few changes to the AG but the back unit was replaced with a cannon toting version. The cannon has its own sensory unit and is capable of long-range viewing.

The NU/M-06A, the Aqua Six also known as the "Fish-eye". An aquatic variant of the 6, it was proposed as an attempt to improve aquatic performance of the basic 6. Though the basic model was designed to handle well in all environments its performance in deep water was less than optimal due to the inefficiency of rockets. To fix this the Aqua Six was given several hydrojet attachments, giving it higher mobility in water. This proved useful in combating even the enemy's aquatic AGs that were designed for aquatic combat from scratch. The sensor was also changed to a compound, mono-lens "fish eye", designed for the low light and translucency of deep water. Several torpedo launchers were also attached as side weapons, raising the combat efficiency.

The NU/M-06C, the 6 Commando. It is a heavily modified version of the original 6. It's almost a new design given the modifications to improve almost every aspect of the AG. Its performance almost exceeds the high power prototype of the entire series.

The NU/M-06S, the 6 Shooter, is a modified 6 Commando. The modifications were minor: a change to the shoulders to provide extra thrusters for mobility and a new visor with a long-range camera. It is equipped with a high output beam rifle, capable of equipping a long-range barrel.

The NU/M-00, the only suit commonly called the "Zero". The Zero is the basis for all later New Union AG designs and while it shares appearances with the basic "Six" the internals, armor material, and head are radically different. Its performance is much higher than the "Six" and is the equivalent of the "Six Commando", though the armor is superior on the Zero.
ydawg314

Re: Geoxile's blah blah blah thread

Very cool stuff I hope to see more of your designs!
Maybe you could also add action poses?
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee
Geoxile

Re: Geoxile's blah blah blah thread

http://i.imgur.com/hDrS0.jpg

DZ-79 "Derringer"

Technically the first AG ever created, it was actually fashioned from construction drones that were common at the time. The Derringer was a creation of the Domgietz Republic, a result of their pursuit of a weapon that could work on maneuver several types of terrains and even sustain flight for short periods should the need arise. The original prototype was simply a construction drone with reinforced joints and new armor and although it was a ultimately an utter failure the prototype, along with 77 other one-off prototypes ultimately led to the final product. It is far off from its civilian ancestor in that it is an immensely capable tool of war and, despite being 2 years older, is a close match to the NU's "Six". Interestingly the Six was based off captured Derringers, though new technologies allowed the NU to create a slimmer and higher performing off-shoot. Before the NU captured a Derringer their efforts were often poured into transformable aircrafts.

Thanks, and what kind of poses do you have in mind? I'm not a very creative person

Edit:

http://i.imgur.com/iy5OW.png

3D work has begun. Only a low-poly mockup right now. Somewhat faithful to the original but I'm not using references so it's bound to look wonky compared to the drawing. I'm wondering if the square visor or a rounded visor would be better. By visor I mean the forehead guard

Edit 2: http://i.imgur.com/CfiYh.png
Remade the visor and the "face" and started blocking out the body. I'll probably worry about proportions after I'm done blocking out. And then refine and add details after that.

Man... I think I'm just going to drop the whole thing. A 3/4 perspective doesn't translate well into 3D. Should've known better than to not use references.