The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
ShadowCell

The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread Mk III

new thread time. you guys know how this works. spoiler tags, don't just pull stuff out of your asses, and don't be dicks to each other.

*bites a chocolate bar for emphasis*
Deathzealot wrote:Honestly this episode is pretty interesting. I love the Gundam vs. Genoace Fight no matter that it was pretty short. The mid-episode little montage was interesting, basically showing Flit and Yurin get closer. However I wonder who those extra folks are in the meeting, the leaders of other forces included in the operation or someone else. Also was I the only who was surprised to see that one person who looked like a girl speak in a male voice. /shrug/

You guys are forgetting the other Genoaces in the first episode that where torn apart by the UE defending the Colony. They all had the same color scheme of the one Largan uses. I say that color scheme is for those units protecting that paticular colony. The White and silver scheme is perhaps the colors for machines assigned to the fleet. Though again the Genoaces at Madorna Workship still have the same sceme. Maybe it is the color scheme for units protecting every colony perhaps.

Also I was kind of shocked about having a Mid-Season (kinda) upgrade for the Diva. As far as I am aware that has only happened with the Argama. Also if I am reading the sub-titles right it looks like the Diva is going to get some sort of Lohengrin like main weapon. But anyways this is the Anime thread not the mecha one.

Moving on, Grodeck looked like he was expecting Flit and crew to save him. Also I wondered where that Inspector guy/feddie Officer got the communication device if Grodeck took all of them?

Anyhow there is my two-cents for Episode Eleven. Eagerly await the next episode where we finally get some ship-vs-ship action. Heh. Perhaps we shall get to see the Divas new weapon in action during this. Till then ciao.
Deathzealot

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread Mk III

Needed to mention something else.

Was it just me or the summoning of the Gundam seems kind of like Domon and crew summoning their Gundams in G-Gundam without the snapping fingers and calling out the name of the Gundam. It also was pretty fast it looks like. This time Flit didn't call Vargas and have him drive it out to the battle site.
Destiny_Gundam

There wasn't really a summoning of the Gundam. Before Vargas had to drive it out to Flit so I imagine something similar happened off screen.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
reeoyuy

Deathzealot wrote: Also I wondered where that Inspector guy/feddie Officer got the communication device if Grodeck took all of them?
If you look at that device closer, it's disguised as a pen. Specifically designed for such condition I bet.
NastyNate

I wonder what Grudeck was talking about when
Spoiler
He said the federation are hiding who the ue really are
Also seems pretty clear that flit
Spoiler
like likes Yurin. I wonder if they are going to kill Yurin because from the pectures of Flit's son it seems clear that he ends up with emily. Maybe Emily will be the first to profess her feelings soon.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Evex

I have to say this episode is well managed time wise compared to some of the other episodes. You don't get a sense that anything is actually rushed in the episode. It looks like the developers figured it be boring to do another arc like fardin, and so they montage the four days into one episode. Emile finally sees Yurin's ribbon and finally ask what it is, but is quickly brushed off by Flit. I'm curious now though, since the age device was used to upgrade the Diva can it be used to upgrade other mobile suits? If that's the case do you think Vargas and Madorna have upgraded Largan's Genoace. It be pretty suicidal for Largan to help protect the fleet with his current genoace, since only three mobile suits seem to be protecting who knows how large a fleet.
hotlimit

Evex wrote:I'm curious now though, since the age device was used to upgrade the Diva can it be used to upgrade other mobile suits? If that's the case do you think Vargas and Madorna have upgraded Largan's Genoace. It be pretty suicidal for Largan to help protect the fleet with his current genoace, since only three mobile suits seem to be protecting who knows how large a fleet.
LOL, more proof Largan is the loser-hero.

"Hey guys, do you think I could get an upgr-"

"HEY I KNOW, let's see if we can get this mobile-suit upgrader to make a cannon for the Diva!!!!"

"But that doesn't even make sen-"

"GREAT IDEA!!!!"
BlackLion

Is Largan going to be the new Hayato?
Wingnut

BlackLion wrote:Is Largan going to be the new Hayato?
To truely be a Hayato, he would need to get the girl that Flit leaves behind for whatever reason. Doesn't look like he'll be that lucky.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Homeless

Largan's also 28, so I'm not sure if a 14-year old girl or a 15-year old girl is much of a consolation prize.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
BlackLion

Homeless wrote:Largan's also 28, so I'm not sure if a 14-year old girl or a 15-year old girl is much of a consolation prize.
Anime has a real problem with depicting age, because Largan barely looks older than Flit. the numbers are meaningless when a 28 year old looks 15 and a 15 year old looks 8.
Dark Duel

BlackLion wrote:
Homeless wrote:Largan's also 28, so I'm not sure if a 14-year old girl or a 15-year old girl is much of a consolation prize.
Anime has a real problem with depicting age, because Largan barely looks older than Flit. the numbers are meaningless when a 28 year old looks 15 and a 15 year old looks 8.
And then at the other extreme you've got guys like South Burning, who looks like he's pushing sixty even though he's only 39.
Yeah, I'd say I have to agree there :? - anime and realistic age portrayals? Not too common.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Deathzealot

You know I just noticed something, Episode 12 is going to be on Christmas Day! Heh. Figured it was interesting.
Homeless

"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Deathzealot

Well damn. And I was looking forward to it. /sigh/
zetatype

No surprise since most people will probably be too busy doing other things on Christmas.
Strike Zero

*Ep. 12 preview has Yurin backing away in fear*

*Cuts to sinister close-up of Desil*

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF--

Episode 11 was undoubtedly the best episode so far. Things have actually started to progress, building anticipation! The only minor nitpick I might have to nitpick is why in the hell did Mister "I'll-Take-This-Candy-Bar-and-EAT-It" lie in wait for two weeks to arrest Grudek if he already knew exactly where he was? Was the entire point so that he could wait until he was coming down the river and go "AH-HAH~!!" to his face? :lol:

Of course, I can't forget to mention all of the screen time that Yurin was given this episode; my heart almost completely gave out, she is so adorable. She and Flit make such a great couple, it borders on criminal. YES, YOU HEARD ME RIGHT. EAT IT, EMILY. :twisted:

To my pleasant surprise, it seems that my suspicions have been defied and she was never a part of the sinister EDEN/the UE to begin with after all. The bad news: it seems as though that's about to change, if the episode preview is anything to go by. If this ends up leading to Yurin going to that land in space where all tragic Gundam love interests go, I will RAGE. Then, I'll be depressed. -_-
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Andrew86

Destiny_Gundam wrote:There wasn't really a summoning of the Gundam. Before Vargas had to drive it out to Flit so I imagine something similar happened off screen.

That is the story of this show. Though The geno ace fight was nice in that it was a bit more traditional than what we have gotten as of late. Aside from that not much happened, Emily is rather clueless I suppose she thought Flit was training 24/7. Shame she decided to "risk everything" on a guy that does not appear to care for her very much (at least not in a romantic sense).
Raptor

So, you guys remember my theory on how Yurin and Desil will end up together if they both live? Episode preview supports it. J/K

No, in all seriousness, this episode was great. I almost thought I was watching two episodes instead of one. We got a lot of plot development. The only thing that got me were the four nameless Zalam stooges, though all the people we know had died... so, no big surprise there.

-Raptor, out.
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I'm going to have ten people run across a field, five of which I believe have superior qualities. I shall then toss a grenade in front of them to see who survives even though that course of action might kill all the people I wanted to save.
NastyNate

zetatype wrote:
No surprise since most people will probably be too busy doing other things on Christmas.
Strange. Japan is a very non-christian country. I did not know they even took off for it.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ