Shoal Zone Battle (0083)

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
AmuroNT1

Shoal Zone Battle (0083)

I've been thinking about a lot of odd little bits of the Gundam mythos lately, and the subject of the Corrigdar (sp?) Shoal Zone from Gundam 0083 came up. I know the rough basics, that it's a battle that took place "off-screen" in 0083, where the Albion got stuck in a shoal zone and Kou had to use the GP01's experimental long-barrel beam rifle to take out a Delaz Fleet ship before it could attack them. What confuses me is this: In what format does the story exist? I know the battle was re-created in the PS2 game "Encounters in Space", complete with animated cutscenes; was it part of a special release, the way the Cima-centric Mayfly of Space short was? Or did they do brand-new animation just for that video game?
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
JEFFPIATT

Re: Shoal Zone Battle (0083)

I believe it started out an an audio drama same as mayfly of space all of the animation in encounters in space were newly done for the game.
Deacon Blues

The Lunga Sea Gun Battle, much like Mayfly of Space, was an audio drama released back in 1992. It was the first CD in the Gundam 0083 CD Cinema series. The editions, or at least the ones I have, come with the CD as well as a script.
AmuroNT1

JEFFPIATT: IIRC, the Mayfly of Space was animated for the Laserdisc release of 0083. I don't know if that holds true for the Lunga Sea Battle.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
balofo

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2344790

Found the video. New animation starts around 4:55, that's some low quality animation there.
HalfDemonInuyasha

From its appearance in Encounters in Space, the GP01Fb actually uses the RX-78GP04G Gundam Gerbera's long beam rifle.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet