Hyper Mega Bazooka Launcher

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
AmuroNT1

Hyper Mega Bazooka Launcher

The release of Gundam Extreme Vs. has gotten me thinking about this weapon, one that only appears in Beltorchika's Children. Since information on that novel is kind of hard to come by, I figured I'd ask here and see what we can come up with.

1) ExVs is actually the first time I've gotten a good look at this thing. While it does occasionally pop up in Super Robot Wars, there it's always a MAP weapon which means it's represented as a tiny alteration to Hi-Nu's map sprite. Is there some piece of lineart or a pic from BC showing this thing? Did they just base it off a description in the novel? Or did they just make it up?

2) Do we know what this is capable of? The name of course suggests that it's a development/evolution of the Hyaku-Shiki's MBL. I remember being told that in BC, Amuro hooks it into the Ra Kalium's reactor and bombards Axis. Does it only work with external power, or is it like the original MBL where it's an option?
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
balofo

Re: Hyper Mega Bazooka Launcher

AFAIK there's no lineart for it. The EXVS version is either made up(most likely) or they got Izubuchi to draw it. Regarding the power: it took a good chunk out of Axis. In the novel there were two cables to connect to the Ra Cailum, one of them gets cut so Amuro has to look for the other one. I reckon it may work without being connected to Ra Cailum, it's just a matter of a more powerful continuos beams/more shots to be able to damage Axis.
JEFFPIATT

i believe that if it is like the mbl it would fire without being hooked up to an reactor but being connected to one would increase it's power and range the MBL in zeta generally used the methuse as an battery and the ZZ mega rider was basically an mbl merged with an sub flight sled my guess is that one cable acted to power the hmbl and the other was an cooling cable to keep the thing from exploding while firing.
HalfDemonInuyasha

IIRC, the Mega Bazooka Launcher initially COULDN'T fire without an extra MS to act as a power source, but was modified later to be able to (shortly before the end).
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
MaC

HalfDemonInuyasha wrote:IIRC, the Mega Bazooka Launcher initially COULDN'T fire without an extra MS to act as a power source, but was modified later to be able to (shortly before the end).
I believe the upgrade came later and enabled it to be more powerful when linked to another suit. Char first used it without a battery MS when he and Kamille had to defend Bright's Temptation against Scirroco and his Messala. Later, after Zeta appears he asks Reccoa to be his battery MS.
HalfDemonInuyasha

Perhaps, besides power, giving it a longer range too, thus enabling it to fire from the safety of near the Argama and not in the midst of battle since, as we saw with someone like Haman, not exactly an ideal location for such a large, conspicuous weapon to aim and charge, much less fire, unless you're wiping out everything with that shot, lol.

Also would prevent the need for launching it into the middle of the battlefield either and risk it getting shot down like, IIRC, it almost did before.

And then, even by itself, it was able to wipe out like...what...10 Gaza-Cs with a single shot? lol
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet