Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Mu La Flaga

Re: Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

My thoughts on DLC is like this.

Say the line up of NEXT Plus is pretty extensive as is.
Say you wanted the extra new stuff only DLC can give you.

It shouldn't be a new incarnation of the game you unlock stuff previous versions of the game gave you for free.
Next PLUS added easily 10 or so new units on top of the arcade's line up.

That is why I have a gripe with DLC in that aspect.
Not to mention still as I've said before they removed Wing TV series, some of the might be redundant kind of
But on the other hand if they maybe plan to make this appeal to English speaking players more.
The 1st Gundam series for alot of people was Wing TV series.

I think that is all I will say on that part.

I also like Nintendo's idea of DLC you get the full game, they give you more if you can connect and prove you have it.

Like DOA Dimmensions for 3DS, got all the DLC costumes for the game.
AmuroNT1

domino wrote:AmuroNT1 --> How valid are those "spoilers" about the new game? You listed Nu's Burst attack as "Nu last shooting" and the Gyan's own as "Hydrogen Bomb"......wth?
Like I said, these are all still just rumors, so don't assume this is all 100% true.

Also, the Gyan's supposed Burst Attack is a reference to the Battle of Odessa, where M'Quve launched an atomic weapon when it became obvious that the Federation was going to take the base.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Arsarcana

Mu La Flaga wrote:But on the other hand if they maybe plan to make this appeal to English speaking players more.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA...hahaha! You crack me up.
Mu La Flaga

Well why add English voices to the game otherwise?
pd771

Mu La Flaga wrote:My thoughts on DLC is like this.

It shouldn't be a new incarnation of the game you unlock stuff previous versions of the game gave you for free.

Not to mention still as I've said before they removed Wing TV series, some of the might be redundant kind of
But on the other hand if they maybe plan to make this appeal to English speaking players more.

I also like Nintendo's idea of DLC you get the full game, they give you more if you can connect and prove you have it.

You have to remember they had to redo all the work from previous games because they moved to a new hardware board. It's not like they just took suits out. They had to redo all the old suits. Now, if they took anything out of the next game that's a different story.
Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeY9RgWhmXs
Arsarcana

Mu La Flaga wrote:Well why add English voices to the game otherwise?
You do know the difference between rumor and fact, don't you?
NastyNate

"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
AmuroNT1

Regarding the Full Boost rumors, the whole "Pay for English voices" thing is the biggest flag that has people thinking all that info posted earlier is fake. Of course, stranger things have happened...
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Enileph

I am just waiting for the youtube vlicks on GUndam UC... there seems to be loads of new footage on scenes. Things that are missed out from the anime I guess, which can be lots, for those who have read the novel.

I mean... Its more fun to see EFF guys getting toyed with by ancient Zeonic MS. That and Delta Plus going solo with a giant MA is nice too, especially when it is supposed to move and fight like a VF from macross in between buildings!!.
Mu La Flaga

pd771 wrote:

You have to remember they had to redo all the work from previous games because they moved to a new hardware board. It's not like they just took suits out. They had to redo all the old suits. Now, if they took anything out of the next game that's a different story.
True but they have this weird mindset of having Wing and Endless Waltz as one and the same when in essence they are not
Despite the flashback Endless Waltz had of the Gundams in their new looks fighting the battle around Libra.
AmuroNT1

http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/2056/a5a3eb9f.jpg

Well, it looks like at least SOME of those rumors about Full Burst are true...

AmuroNT1

The initial rumor said "Gundam Throne" but didn't specify which. I assumed it'd be Eins with the other two as assists, but obviously I was wrong.

NastyNate

Man just looked at the main menus for extreme vs on youtube. Not anywhere as import friendly as Gundam 0081 was. How mad would everyone who already bought the game be if they decided to release this in the states?
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

Arsarcana

Did anyone else start to jump for joy at the sight of orange, only to realize that those were Blue Frame's shoulders instead of something belonging to Allelujah? Hopefully this will eventually change and Al won't get stuck as the one guy out in Vs as in the series. Anyways...
AmuroNT1 wrote:The initial rumor said "Gundam Throne" but didn't specify which. I assumed it'd be Eins with the other two as assists, but obviously I was wrong.
Dunno, if you asked me to pick yesterday I'd have said Drei was the more obvious candidate simply because there's more you can do with it. Eins is your bog-standard Gundam with an extra variable-power beam cannon (nothing new for this series) and Zwei's redundant in the face of its big brother the Arche. Drei's got a somewhat more varied set of equipment and the Stealth Field has possibilities they can play with, while still leaving in the option of calling the other suits as assists if they really need to round out its moves.

Plus, Nena is apparently really popular in Japan.
PhineBuyM3

Bottom left screen; I see Zabanya. Hopefully this means units who were wasted as assist attacks such as Nataku, Sandrock Custom, Harute, etc will be playable.
AmuroNT1

That image of Zabanya just comes from the 00 movie's intro vid.

Also, the rumors originally posted said "Allelujah's battery Gundam" was seen in the picture collage.

EDIT: Didn't notice at first, but The-O and the Zeong are visible, confirming two more rumored units.

pd771

Mu La Flaga wrote:
pd771 wrote:

True but they have this weird mindset of having Wing and Endless Waltz as one and the same when in essence they are not
Despite the flashback Endless Waltz had of the Gundams in their new looks fighting the battle around Libra.
Well, they may be different suits but the only people that really seem to love the original suits are the English fans (at least from what I can tell). I think that has to do with the fact that Wing was the first Gundam for so many English fans. But it's pretty obvious not only does Bandai not cater to English fans, they don't care about them at all... it sucks but it's true. So I wouldn't expect TV suits in... hell, now that there's a Ver. KA Epyon they probably won't be in the net Dynasty Warriors Gundam videogame.
Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeY9RgWhmXs
NastyNate

They need to be finished with dynasty warriors and move on. 3 was great and a great place to stop. Like how about putting resources in the sequal to 0081. They could actually make it have space combat and it should be set during zeta and let us play as dakar on the earth.

BlackLion

NastyNate wrote:They need to be finished with dynasty warriors and move on. 3 was great and a great place to stop. Like how about putting resources in the sequal to 0081. They could actually make it have space combat and it should be set during zeta and let us play as dakar on the earth.
Uh, Bandai isn't making the DWG games. Koei is.

If they stop making DWG games, that doesn't mean resources will be shifted to other Gundam games, because those are Koei's resources. They will be shifted to other DW games.

And Gundam Musou sells in Asia. Like, insanely. Last I saw, DWG3 was neck and neck with DW7 in Japan, which is a huge deal. They also sell decently in the West too. So they're not going to stop making them any time soon.

In other news, just saw the screenshots for the new Gundam Unicorn game over at The Red Shoulders, and damn is it looking good. Already preordered it for Spring. It seems that at least in the graphics department Bandai is putting as much care into the game as they are in the OVA. Now to wait and see some vids of the gameplay. Hopefully it turns out a lot better than ACE R.