Ep. 090 - The Choice is Yours, Alto

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Re: Ep. 090 - The Choice is Yours, Alto

I forgot to mention that the movie did score major points with me for having that Basara-ish VF-1 that Ranka was rockin' at her concert. Too bad it didn't transform into battroid mode.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Arbiter GUNDAM

Oh and as a heads up, I tried out that 305-SWAT-REMOVED number but I kinda did it off the cuff, so it doesn't sound as good as I wanted... maybe you want I should leave a different message?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Chris
Administrator

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:Oh and as a heads up, I tried out that 305-SWAT-REMOVED number but I kinda did it off the cuff, so it doesn't sound as good as I wanted... maybe you want I should leave a different message?
It's up to you, but it's generally better if you call with your question/comment already in mind and not repeat yourself or leave long pauses. Soul Bro would edit out those dead spaces anyway, but it would make his job easier.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
skyknight

Well, quite a bit disappointed with Wings of Goodbye, but it came out with a better ending than the TV series. Well, I do like it better when the relationship between Ranka, Sheryl, and Alto are clearly stated: Ranka has the the crush on Alto, but sadly he sees her only as a friend (a bittersweet farewell as he expresses his feelings to her at the end). Sheryl and Alto, Two Worlds collide, one that has the "wings" to fly, while the other is confined to her own prison (her health and her status); I mean both did have fame, but Sheryl's rise to fame had more to do with a sinister agenda, while Alto walked away from it and wanted to find out who he is.

But for the secondary characters, I do feel shortchanged here. I'm ok with Michael and Brera exchanging life and death from the TV series to the movies - and I actually like the change for Brera more. Grace didn't turn out to be the mastermind, but rather a trio of old people (GOD, thank goodness that pods didn't open! I don't want to see what's in those shadows!) that was manipulating everything in the background; though I do like Leon's comment on cyborgs, what is life: when your body is made up entirely of nano-machines and your conscience is linked up with a "mother" brain? And man, what a way for Leon to go down! :twisted: Too bad Cathy isn't important here, no mention of her relationship with Leon, and not much dialogue at all!

I do share the disappointments you guys have in the film. I do kinda like the VF-29 Durandal (kinda looks Ace Combat's Morgan: http://acecombat.wikia.com/wiki/ADFX-02_Morgan), but only one for Alto!? WTF! Why not an extra one for Ozuma, that way you have another kit to sell Bandai! And the fight sequences with the Durandal was NOT better than in the False Songstress. Still, I will say that both films are worth watching, even if you have never seen any Macross series (NEVER say Robotech!). I am curious to know if Bandai is doing a Blu-Ray release for Macross DYRL.

And it is a shame that I think many anime fans will not be able to see this release outside of Japan, the end of Bandai Entertainment in North America is not good news for Gundam and Macross, plus I do see Harmony Gold being a bunch of dicks to block any releases of other Macross series. We'll see what happens down the road from here... Soul Bro, no seal of approval for these movies!? :mrgreen:

On Saji Crossroad, yes, I have defended his character, and I continue to say that he is the majority of us, the ones that are living in peace when others maybe living in hell - I mean look at the uprising in Libya and Syria, where many innocent people have lost their lifes, yet not a single person in the West isn't going to armed up and say let's end this violence once and for all! I wouldn't want to be in Syria right now, granted I think freedom and democracy should be everywhere. Yes, I do think Saji is a wimp, but then again how many of us would take the other route and fight to the death on a place so far away from home?
How much better is being a Creepy Bishonen compared to an AEUG slapping boy?

If Ginrai, the Japanese truck driver living in America, can be the leader of Cybertron Forces, then what can a pizza delivery boy be?

My Items on Sale

PSN: skyknight0100