Star Wars Question

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
ORegan

Star Wars Question

Alright nerds of a higher level than me, time to be useful For once =P Kidding

What's the official name of this guy?

http://media.fukung.net/images/34916/00 ... 82b3d0.png

For years I've been referring to the guy as the "Imperial Elite Lever-puller," but is there an actual name for the position that earns him such a fantastic helmet?
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
ShadowCell

Re: Star Wars Question

He's the Imperial Gunner. Supposedly those funky helmets are to protect their eyes.

I'm fairly sure that particular gunner has a name too, but hell if I know what it is. Wookieepedia would know not only his name, but his rank, birthday, height, weight, grades, dental records...
ORegan

So the visor is specially designed to protect the eyes...as opposed to the function of the regular visors?

I still like my name for the position though, screw canon, I'll make my own. :P

And gee wilikers batman, he has his own page and full back story.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tenn_Graneet

Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Brave Fencer Kirby

Worse than that. He's got an entire novel. The book called "Death Star" and it describes (among other things) how the guy in question allowed the Rebels to destroy the first Death Star by deliberately dragging out the firing procedure by repeatedly saying "Stand by..." instead of firing, thus giving Luke time to blow the whole thing up.

No, I'm not making that up. I really, really wish I were.
Fighting evil so you don't have to!
ORegan

How long did he say Stand by before anyone noticed that they should be firing?

If I was in command of a giant ship whose only strategic value was the large laser, I would be damned sure that it would be my prime focus to ensure that it was ready to fire at any given moment, and would notice if it didn't fire within a minute of my commanding such.

DAMNIT TENN!
ShadowCell

On the other hand, also according to Wookieepedia, the Imperial Gunners are washed-out Stormtroopers.

Which is great, because that means if you fail to exhibit proper marksmanship required by the Imperial Stormtrooper Corps or whatever, the Empire simply gives you a bigger blaster and an even clunkier helmet.
yazi88

I got a Star Wars question myself: did the only competent Stormtrooper in episode 6 that actually killed a Ewok have a name? Cause my friend told me that there is an actual shrine on a site dedicated to the lone competent Stormtrooper called the Tomb of the Unknown Stormtrooper.
ORegan

It says they're washed out pilots, so I guess that means they're good shots, terrible drivers :P

yazi88 wrote:I got a Star Wars question myself: did the only competent Stormtrooper in episode 6 that actually killed a Ewok have a name? Cause my friend told me that there is an actual shrine on a site dedicated to the lone competent Stormtrooper called the Tomb of the Unknown Stormtrooper.
Couldn't dig up any info on the name of the trooper, but here's a link to the site at least

http://www.revolutionsf.com/article.php?id=2690