Crossbone Steel 7 MS's translated profiles!

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
balofo

Crossbone Steel 7 MS's translated profiles!

Translated profiles for the MS that appear on vol 2 and 3, courtesy of AthrunZERO:

Crossbone Gundam X1 (Patchwork Type)
The damaged X1 after it had been quickly repaired with the X3’s spare parts. Firstly, the names “X1~X3” were mere identification codes for what were infact 3 different variants of the same machine. Therefore, the X3’s spare parts fit without any problems. To operate one MS, you need spare parts equal to three machines. These parts were initially produced for the combat deployment of the X3 during the Jupiter war. The equipment exclusive to the X3, especially the compact size I-Field arm generator, is the top secret tech of their manufacturer, the SNRI. Because of this, they were never handed over to the pirate remnants, but instead kept within the warehouse. The Hook shield equipped on the arm is Federation equipment. It is mainly used to collect debris in space and for countering a sudden physical impact with any of the debris. It also functions as a strong shield.

Impulse Koenigs
This is the Koenigs equipped with inner-atmosphere equipment. The new arm is added to improve the unit’s propulsion and flight capabilities, while the installation of 14 Feather funnels (Compact versions of those used in the former President Dogatie’s MA, the Divinidad) greatly increase the unit’s offensive strength. With these impulse parts, the control and maneuvering of the Koenigs is just about as efficient as in Zero G. It can’t be confirmed, but has been speculated that the reason why the new leader Callisto appeared before Giri and the others without the Koenigs was because of the time required to equip and fine-tune these new parts.

Elcopty
A machine which was developed before the Jupiter war for invading earth. It is a huge MA which stretches 40M high when standing. To enable inner atmosphere long range flight and MS transport, it is equipped with the newly developed beam rotor technology, capable of lowering overall energy consumption. But it isn’t as perfect as the ones later used by the Zanscare military, so a physical portion of the body is also used as a rotor. Additionally, to use the flexible frame as a beam rotor, the cost of production had to increase. However, since the Jupiter Empire has a low GNP, it was designed so that the beam emitting tech is built in the leg parts which aren’t usually used when fighting. Still, it does have the disadvantage of needing to flip upside-down when it switches between flight and landing modes. For the Jovian designers, who live in zero gravity at virtually all times, “flipping up and down” is just a simple “change in direction”. One could say that they simply didn’t understand earth’s environment, where gravity’s always in effect.

Crossbone Gundam X1 “Full Cross”
A machine equipped with an additional armor for the operation. That armor consists of a frame with interior thrusters which can generate explosive acceleration, and also an extra layer that’s composed of all the remaining ABC cape materials, giving it has an incredible amount of protection from beam weaponry. Furthermore, two of the same I-Field generators used within the X3 are installed in each shoulder pad. If all 4 units are used effectively, it’s possible to keep up the I-Field 100% of the time (Installing them here was Tobia Arronax’s own idea, and was never sketched in the original draft). The original construction draft also indicates that there’s an extra removable heat-cutter found within the armor.

Angel Diona

A redesigned version of the Diona used in the first Jupiter war. There were no changes in total height, but since it instead used some parts from the Alana’s Smaller sized frame, it
succeeded in making the unit lighter. Since it was originally a machine intended for demos, and not initially designed for combat, it wasn’t even equipped with a beam shield. For the decisive battle at Jupiter, the SNRI’s engineering division equipped it with an excessively large thruster.

F 90 I Type (Jupiter decisive battle version)

A mobile suit which can be called the ancestor of the SNRI's small scale MS, that’s been equipped with the “I (Interceptor) Type” for this operation, which gives it a gun equipped with nuclear warheads. It’s an old MS, but it’s been fully tuned to its limits in order to match the current era’s technology. As a result, its overall performance doesn’t lag behind the modern units.

F91 (Decisive Jupiter Battle Version)

One of the F91 units created in limited mass production after the war against Cosmo Babylonia. (Later referred to as the CV). This was Lt. Harison’s second unit and it's been colored blue, his signature color. (The first unit was destroyed in the battle against Kinkedo). When it was decided to be deployed it in the decisive battle, some functions which had been removed during the mass production phase, which at the time seemed unnecessary, were restored. Therefore, its performance came close to that of the original prototype, where cost wasn’t an issue.

Vigna Ghina II (Decisive Jupiter Battle Version)

It’s been said that this machine is the personal machine of Dorel Ronah which the Buch Concern made based on the Vigna Ghina when they first obtained the F91’s data, back during the CV’s foundation war. Since the history of the Cosmo Babylonian conflict is still being analyzed, the exact details remain unclear. The thing on the shoulder which resembles the VSBRs is actually a big thruster. This means that while the unit’s offensive capabilities are lower than the F91’s, the unit has equal mobility. As Giri requested, it is equipped with the Quavarze’s “Snake hand” in order to suit his tastes.

Barra Tortuga

It's the same machine which fought on earth against Tobia's X3. It was thereafter retrieved by SNRI and restored. Since it was destroyed from the inside, its inner mechanics have now been almost completely replaced with SNRI tech. Since the Tortuga was originally designed as a long-range support MS, the parts which were prepared for it were retrieved from the Jupitris 9. By equipping it was these pieces, it could now be properly modded for this operation.

Alana Abeja

It’s basically the captured Abeja with improved sensors (for detecting enemies) and the Tortuga’s canon barrels (which were retrieved from the Jupitris 9). It can’t exactly be called a well balanced machine, but this was solved by deploying it together with the support unit, the Nozzle.

Digitus

The unit’s real name is Digitus, while “Jurisdis Sinistra Dictus” and “Libertas Dextra” became the call signs of each ruler’s machine. Like the Koenigs, it’s one of the Jupiter Empire’s next generation MS and the abilities of this machine far surpasses any others currently developed within the earth sphere. By transforming, it can greatly shift its abilities. The MS mode has high mobility for defeating the enemy and its monster like MA form can concentrate the strong I-Field generated by its four limbs. One might even call it a unit that’s impossible for the enemy to damage. The only weak point which can be mentioned is that its speed and performance may in-fact be too high, while its back also isn’t protected by the I-field. Since they believed that no machine could surpass the Digitus’ mobility, this critical flaw was brushed off as unimportant. There was no real need to shape like the unit like a hand, but the decision to do so was clearly influenced by the Callisto brothers’ mentality.
AmuroNT1

Re: Crossbone Steel 7 MS's translated profiles!

I've been working on all the Crossbone stuff, but real life things have been slowing me down. Either way, this is a lot of help, even if there are a couple of minor translation quibbles (like "Full Cross" instead of "Full Cloth").
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Cmdr Harabec

balofo wrote:Crossbone Gundam X1 “Full Cross”
A machine equipped with an additional armor for the operation. That armor consists of a frame with interior thrusters which can generate explosive acceleration, and also an extra layer that’s composed of all the remaining ABC cape materials, giving it has an incredible amount of protection from beam weaponry. Furthermore, two of the same I-Field generators used within the X3 are installed in each shoulder pad. If all 4 units are used effectively, it’s possible to keep up the I-Field 100% of the time (Installing them here was Tobia Arronax’s own idea, and was never sketched in the original draft). The original construction draft also indicates that there’s an extra removable heat-cutter found within the armor.
So the Full Cloth actually has four I-Field Generators? That seems a little strange, given I'd figured they were just shoving the X-3's into the shoulders. I wonder where they came up with an extra two from?
AmuroNT1

The other two were probably either spares, or they just found more. After all, in a situation that critical being tight-fisted is a bad idea.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

HalfDemonInuyasha

F 90 I Type (Jupiter decisive battle version)

A mobile suit which can be called the ancestor of the SNRI's small scale MS, that’s been equipped with the “I (Interceptor) Type” for this operation, which gives it a gun equipped with nuclear warheads. It’s an old MS, but it’s been fully tuned to its limits in order to match the current era’s technology. As a result, its overall performance doesn’t lag behind the modern units.

x_x;;
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
Cmdr Harabec

AmuroNT1 wrote:The other two were probably either spares, or they just found more. After all, in a situation that critical being tight-fisted is a bad idea.
I guess, but it seems a little strange to me when it's established pretty early in Steel Seven they're down to their last spare parts. They had to dig up the X-3 remains to repair it in the first place, as I recall. Still strikes me as a little odd, but there's really no other explanation except that they had to have some extras laying around, I guess.
Arsarcana

HalfDemonInuyasha wrote:which gives it a gun equipped with nuclear warheads.
This isn't exactly a new development. The Crossbone suits had Atomic Grenades (literally) that they could launch so this is probably an offshoot of that concept.
HalfDemonInuyasha

I know it's not a new development, but still, MS with nuclear weapons like that as a whole is pretty rare, much less in gun/grenade form, lol.

The Turn A in Gundam Musou 2 and 3 also had an atomic grenade for its Combo SP Attack too.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
AmuroNT1

Well, given that the situation involved a colony laser powerful enough to devastate Earth while being fired from Jupiter, I'm sure they realized that they needed to do anything they could to stop it, even using morally questionable weapons like nukes.

HalfDemonInuyasha

Well, as brought up in other threads, it's not like there, by this point, wasn't exactly any treaty prohibiting nuke use (as shown in CCA as well) anymore as the Antarctic Treaty was pretty much nulled after the One Year War last I read, but yeah, there was always the moral issue. You also had the Divinidad using 16 nuclear missiles on all 7 of them...
Enileph

Fiest... Never quote Turn A... Turn A is the be all end all Gundam, and the last one in the Timeline... long after where everyone, every era, every age and time is gone. He is also designed to break rules and civilization, capable of turning everything on earth into dust or soemthing like that. Oh, his nuke is hidden in his chest area, alown with special weaponary like cows. I wish they have included a "throw cows" move after the nuke is gone though. :)

Other than that:
I have seen the use of "full Cloth" in numerous pfficial publication, so probably that is the correct form.

Also, the short collection of things in "skull heart" series may need some work... cause there is a chance there is more?

That, and the story of Crossbone continues... someone's daughter seem to be the focs this time... that, and I see shadows of "Victory".