Tallgeese III Mega Cannon firing mode mistery finally solved

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
balofo

Tallgeese III Mega Cannon firing mode mistery finally solved

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/337/docu0057.jpg/

According to this description the Mega Cannon appears to have 2 firing modes:
1-Normal output, gun is closed and its power is equal to the Dobergun(Beam)
2-Max Output, gun opens and its firepower is equal to Wing Zero's Twin Buster Rifle

Requesting a decent translation, these are just my guesses
Thrawnma

Re: Tallgeese III Mega Cannon firing mode mistery finally so

What mystery? We've sorta all accepted this as a fact for... *checks EW wiki entry*

~15 years?
balofo

Thrawnma wrote:What mystery? We've sorta all accepted this as a fact for... *checks EW wiki entry*

~15 years?
Gundam Wiki? LOL
Thrawnma

Production date. It was made in 1997.
balofo

Thrawnma wrote:Production date. It was made in 1997.
Kid, this is actually new info.
Thrawnma

You seem to think mocking me is going to move the focus away from the fact that the so-called "mystery" (with a "y" by the way) concerning the Tallgeese III's Megacannon hasn't really been a mystery for a very long time. People have either pretty much accepted it has multiple modes, like the Wing Zero's Twin Buster Rifle did, or simply no longer care.
AmuroNT1

Alright, how about BOTH of you back it up?

We ASSUMED that the megacannon had a lower-power firing mode, since every official profile said things like "At full power it rivals the twin buster rifle". However, this is the first time there's been anything resembling an official source that out-and-out says it has a standard firing mode.

On the other hand, that book seems to make a few errors like giving the English name as "Toolgeese", and claiming the dobergun is a beam weapon (it is not, and I will fight to the death anyone who claims otherwise), so perhaps it isn't the best source.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Thrawnma

Unless balofo requested someone to mediate between us I'm not sure why you're taking a stance that we need to "back off" anything. Also:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b76/t ... 174727.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b76/t ... 174732.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b76/t ... 175018.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b76/t ... 175022.jpg
claiming the dobergun is a beam weapon (it is not, and I will fight to the death anyone who claims otherwise)
Well I hear the Japanese practice martial arts so you'd better watch out if you fight to the death with the animators and production staff.

Overtime:
Spoiler
Deacon Blues

Sorry, Amuro, even the Gundam Wing Encyclopedia says it's a beam weapon. Let it go man.
ShadowCell

balofo, if you do what you did in the post I just deleted again, your ass is going out on the curb.

balofo, Thrawnma, both of you cool it--but particularly you, balofo, since you're the one who started this by being a condescending jackass.

Now then! Carry on.
balofo

How am I making this up? I posted a source with a picture, said that the new info is the normal output firing mode with power comparable to the Tallgeese's Dobergun. I take this book is a as good as source as the Wing Encyclopedia, since we have nothing else to answer this question. Unless the old 1/144 kit has something to say on this matter.
ShadowCell

Posting this thread is not what you did wrong; acting like a condescending jackass about it is what you did wrong. Now don't do it again.
toysdream

The description in balofo's scan is just an abbreviated paraphrase of the description in the original kit manuals from 15 years ago. Nothing new here at all.

-- Mark
balofo

toysdream wrote:The description in balofo's scan is just an abbreviated paraphrase of the description in the original kit manuals from 15 years ago. Nothing new here at all.

-- Mark
Thanks, old scans sure are a gold mine for info
toysdream

They really are! Maybe we should think about setting up some kind of archive. I think I have most of the Gunpla kit manuals published in the 20th century, so it shouldn't be too hard filling in the gaps.

-- Mark
Geoxile

AmuroNT1 wrote:Alright, how about BOTH of you back it up?

We ASSUMED that the megacannon had a lower-power firing mode, since every official profile said things like "At full power it rivals the twin buster rifle". However, this is the first time there's been anything resembling an official source that out-and-out says it has a standard firing mode.

On the other hand, that book seems to make a few errors like giving the English name as "Toolgeese", and claiming the dobergun is a beam weapon (it is not, and I will fight to the death anyone who claims otherwise), so perhaps it isn't the best source.
At least the font they used for the name is pretty classy :|
domino

ShadowCell wrote:Posting this thread is not what you did wrong; acting like a condescending jackass about it is what you did wrong. Now don't do it again.
Actually, Thrawma started it by belittling balofo's attempt to provide useful information. It's disappointing that you're tearing into balofo when all he did was call Thrawma a "kid". Thrawma went on to belittle AmuroNT1 as well with his claim about the dobergun.

Whether or not it's 15 years old, the topic of Tallgeese's (I and II) dobergun has always been full of assumptions and many have wondered if the Tallgeese III's megacannon has a regular mode or not (only other reference is in gameplay?). Thanks to balofo for highlighting an official reference (even if it is old).
ShadowCell

domino wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:Posting this thread is not what you did wrong; acting like a condescending jackass about it is what you did wrong. Now don't do it again.
Actually, Thrawma started it by belittling balofo's attempt to provide useful information. It's disappointing that you're tearing into balofo when all he did was call Thrawma a "kid". Thrawma went on to belittle AmuroNT1 as well with his claim about the dobergun.
I will leave it at this: that was not the only thing he was doing, and that's the last I'll say about it.
balofo

domino wrote:

Whether or not it's 15 years old, the topic of Tallgeese's (I and II) dobergun has always been full of assumptions and many have wondered if the Tallgeese III's megacannon has a regular mode or not (only other reference is in gameplay?). Thanks to balofo for highlighting an official reference (even if it is old).
thanks bro! Another sensible person here, I'll send some gifts to your PM box
ShadowCell

Alright, this thread has gone on long enough. Since the two of you insist on picking fights and the question is answered, it is locked.