Fate/Extra

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.

What Servant did you pick?

Saber
67%
Archer
No votes
Mai waifu... I mean, Caster
33%

Total votes: 6
Destiny_Gundam

Re: Fate/Extra

Grinding would be so much easier if enemies actually gave out a decent amount of xp. I'm at level 17 right now, almost 3000 xp to 18, and even the toughest enemies only give out 80-100 xp. And they're just as likely to kill me too.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Turinu

Aye, tis' a tedious process that gets repetitive after awhile, but the game has been interesting enough so far to hold me to it.

Doesn't help that Caster's defenses are pretty bad, so if you don't execute the proper moves per action the damage can add up really fast. Even after leveling up her defense with Alteration of Soul it doesn't do much. :<

What I've found is that doing Stun Chains with Caster to be ideal. I can prevent the enemy from executing their action and get in a additional attack or skill, though it does drain the mana rapidly that way.
Destiny_Gundam

Yeah, that's another thing. I have no way to restore her MP. The commissary don't carry items like that yet.

I'm on round 3 now, and I was doing some grinding in the Arena. These skeletal bird things gave out nearly 300 xp but they were pretty strong. I leveled up twice but then I got careless and died x_x I was not happy about that. But I got my revenge, went again and leveled up 4 times and now I'm level 21. I've fought the bird things so much that I see their full command list each time. They only give me 130 xp now, though.
APendragon

I'm not certain at what point, I think Round 4 (perhaps Round 5 but that sounds too late) you'll get a Formal Wear that expends your MP to refill 30 or so of your Servant's MP. By then it's of a trivial cost to get items to refill your Master's MP so it works out pretty well. The only bad part is you can't use it very well during Servant vs Servant battles since it takes the use of your once-per-round Codecast I'm pretty sure. So it's a choice between 30 MP or 900 HP, assuming you're not using an offensive Codecast.]

It's actually another reason why Caster is such a great NG+ Servant, because your Formal Wear transfers over and you have the MP restore from the very beginning.
Destiny_Gundam

The only Master MP restore items I can get right now only refill 2-3 mp >_<

Saber will be my NG+ servant so I guess it'll be that much easier the 2nd time around. But if I can make it through with Caster on the first run, I think that nets me some bragging rights :lol:
Destiny_Gundam

Arg, round 4 was nearly impossible but I some how pulled it off after several tries and much swearing. Using squishy Caster to fight a Berserker is one thing, but when that servant is
Spoiler
Arcueid
I knew I was in for serious trouble. Even though I'm greatly over leveled at 27. Oh well, I did it and I got to the save point before anything unfortunate happened to my system.