Fate/Extra

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.

What Servant did you pick?

Saber
67%
Archer
No votes
Mai waifu... I mean, Caster
33%

Total votes: 6
Destiny_Gundam

Fate/Extra

So who else got their hands on the english release of this game? I just got it last night.

I picked the male main character which I usually don't do. I just find the female models more interesting. But since I knew there were relationship routes in this I decided to go the full on self insertion route. Could only name him Peter Lalibert, though ^^"

I picked Caster as my starter even though I know she's the worst choice for a beginner but she's just so adorable :) (plus I don't like Archer and I'd rather use a completely new character rather than another Saber palette swap).

Right now I'm just doing some grinding but I'll have to wait and see how hard it really is with Caster. I might have to start over on easy mode at some point...
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
APendragon

Re: Fate/Extra

Yay, another Fate/Extra player!

As per the poll, I picked Saber (because she is so very much my type) and I generally prefer the Saber class for all its awesomeness. Admittedly, Caster is adorable. But yeah, it'll probably be very tough going for you until you can afford to spam spells at things.

In Saber's defense, she's not the same Saber as appears in F/SN and F/Z, but yeah, she looks basically identical haha.

It's nice to have someone else playing! I'd considered making a topic for it but it seemed too niche to have much potential to do anything but fade back into the pages of dead topics haha.
Destiny_Gundam

Well there are several Type Moon fans around here. Even if you think the thread will fall off the map the point is to try anyways. You never know what'll happen.

Anyways, it is kinda dumb that Caster doesn't start off with any spells at all. A Caster that can't do any casting. That makes sense.

Right now I'm only on the 2nd day of the first week but I'm already at level 8. I just keep fighting that bee thing that guards the first cypher. Since it only does break and attack, all I have to do is spam the attack command. Even if it's a draw, I do more damage to it than it does to me.
Zeonic Glory

Yeah, the Fate/Zero thread seems to indicate that there are at least a few Type-Lunatics here.

My LE came last week, but I didn't start playing until about two days ago. I'm not very far at all (probably due to spending most of my free time the past couple of days watching movies), but I think I'll pick Saber for my first playthrough, then do either Archer or Caster. I just want to start out with a straightforward fighter like her to get a grasp on the game before going into the more technical (Caster). I hear that Caster is really good at dishing out damage in the lategame.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
yazi88

I hope Fate/Extra CCC comes out as well. I really want that Saber Wedding Dress version. And also Sakura route as well.

I also started off with saber in my playthrough. I'll go for Archer next time. I'm not a fan of Caster cause I don't like furries.
Destiny_Gundam

Caster isn't a furry. Ears and a tail do not a furry make.

I hear getting her E Matrix is strict but no one has a definitive guide anywhere. I don't trust myself enough to do it right on my own.
Zeonic Glory

Looking at the poll makes me feel bad for Archer. Isn't it sad, Archer?
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
Destiny_Gundam

Archer is a jerk.

More importantly, he's not a cute girl.
APendragon

^ Yeah, that's really the main reason. And a darn good one, too!

Also, point taken about trying the thread anyway, next time, no holding back!

From what I've read, Saber and Archer are both pretty much guaranteed to get their Matrix to E, but yeah for whatever reason Caster is apparently difficult. Though I've heard all of her conversations are just absolutely adorable, so I guess it's not without good cause.

I'm caught between whether I wanna do Caster or Archer on my first NG+. On the one hand, Caster sounds irresistible, but on the other hand, I like Archer, he's a pretty cool guy. But will I even want to play a 3rd time without a break? Whooooo to do.
Zeonic Glory

Would swapping him with Archerko make it better?
APendragon

Well, I suppose it wouldn't hurt his chances.

Though personally I'd still probably think of Shiro upon seeing him. *Shudder*
Destiny_Gundam

I'd rather have a playable Shiro rather than Archer. Yes I'm aware of the redundancy of that statement but Shiro is better when he's Shiro, not when he's Archer.

Status update: I haven't even fought my first match yet but I've already ground my way up to level 11 (the target level of the round was 8 ). Now that I can upgrade Caster's stats and she's learned some spells things are going quite smoothly.
APendragon

Nice! I imagine from now on the only real trouble will be the first days on new floors when you don't know anything about the enemies. I'm betting most of the bosses will be a breeze (aside from a particular Berserker), as long as you just spam magic haha.

I'm on week 6, but Skyrim's had me distracted from my usual level grinding...>.>;
Destiny_Gundam

Beat Rider pretty handidly. Man, Shinji will be pathetic no matter what universe he's in.

Caster continues to be love. While I'm being all mopey she's right there with a chipper smile on her face, cheering me on. I doubt the haughty Saber or stoic Archer would do that!
quasadra

im at day 1 after that prologue thingy, picked Saber as i have no particular fond for any of them(the game says its beginner friendly). i simply didnt seen enough of the game to comment much. it did seems look quite nice, just that i dont like that filtering they use during the prologue, it just tired my eyes out. hopefully, i wont see much of that later in the game.

will play more after i get my analog nub fixed...
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Destiny_Gundam

Won't be the last you see of it. On the first day of the second week you spend part of a level with the screen covered in static and the colours inverted.

You don't need the nub, just use the d-pad.
quasadra

oh boy, i will try make it through somehow... the analog nub is loose, it sometimes make me go in another direction i want to go... if i use the analog to move, i will walk and run randomly. great stuff isnt it?
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Destiny_Gundam

Got through round 2. I've game overed a couple of times at this point. Trying to keep Caster as leveled as possible but she's still pretty squishy.

I always go around campus and talk to everyone every day, so it's kinda sad to see which ones have disappeared after a round ends.
APendragon

Saddest at first, to me, was the couple down on the first floor who were so intent on helping each other through the war (though I guess they didn't think all the way through to the end). Seeing the boyfriend so gung-ho in round 1, then suddenly so very withdrawn in round 2, asking you to promise to look after his girlfriend...

...and then round 3 rolls around...
Turinu

Just got it last night. Like Destiny, had to choose mai waifu. Her conversations are just adorable, and she ain't too bad a servant in battle.

I managed to grind to around level 12 and am a day way from my fight with Rider.