Cima Special

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Cima Special

I ran across this video on YouTube and I was wondering where it comes from exactly. It seems to be some extra footage from and episode of 0083.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
zetatype

Re: Cima Special

Those clips were from the video game "Encounters in Space" for the PS2.
wonton bob

I think it also contained a scene with Gato fighting Amuro.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Flame-X

It's in the DVD extras of 0083.
Arbiter GUNDAM

wonton bob wrote:I think it also contained a scene with Gato fighting Amuro.
Gato fighting Amuro? Fighting him at Solomon?

--Freyja Wion
Gelgoog Jager

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:
wonton bob wrote:I think it also contained a scene with Gato fighting Amuro.
Gato fighting Amuro? Fighting him at Solomon?
Yes, but it is more of a IF scenario, where Amuro takes another route in Solomon where he doesn't fight Dozle and instead ends up trying to destroy the Zeon ships fleeing Solomon. Gato is using a customized MS-09RS, complete with a beam bazooka, and is covering the retreat of the Dolowa among other Zeon ships.

The battle ends in a draw, with both Amuro and Gato withdrawing from combat after the remaining Zeon ships succesfully retreat.
Destiny_Gundam

Amuro fighting Gato, Shin Matsunaga, and Johnny Ridden are all in game and not anime cut scenes, though.

If you were wondering what's up with Cima's flashback, she was remembering the time her unit unknowingly participated in the gassing of a colony. It explains why she's not exactly thrilled with Zeon.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Arbiter GUNDAM

Yeah I knew that part, but I had always wondered why Cima's unit was so surprised. I mean you're attaching giant tanks to a colony, what do you expect them to be full of?

--Freyja Wion
iKhaotic

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Amuro fighting Gato, Shin Matsunaga, and Johnny Ridden are all in game and not anime cut scenes, though.
I don't care what anyone says, but I consider these fights to be "semi-canon". Why? Just because if you use a little imagination, it's definitely possible that Amuro and the White Base crew went on side missions and sorties that the anime doesn't cover. Obviously it's just an anime so of course it's all up to the writter, but in my head I like to think that all those fights happened in between episodes LOL.

I just find the concept of these MSVs and other aces that aren't in the main series to be interesting and adds a whole another layer of story to the base series.
[Relinquish your pain...unto me...]
[Neither will alone, nor strength alone]
~Sword of the Blue Skies~
Destiny_Gundam

Some stuff does contradict the series, though. Amuro's fight against Shin happened when Amuro went to help defend the Solar System, which he certainly didn't do in the anime. He fought Johnny after leaving Texas Colony in time to see Wakain's ship be destroyed. In the anime, it was already destroyed when they left the colony.

Anyways, fun missions to play, though.

In the case of Cima's bit, there's nothing preventing you from considering that canon.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
AmuroNT1

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:Yeah I knew that part, but I had always wondered why Cima's unit was so surprised. I mean you're attaching giant tanks to a colony, what do you expect them to be full of?
The story given was that her commanding officer told her the tanks contained anesthetic gas and they were merely going to knock out the colonists and evacuate them. Then the scumbag shifted blame by claiming that the whole thing was her idea, which was the start of her reputation as a psycho within the Zeon forces.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Cardi Doorl

And to be fair, mass-murdering entire colonies with gas was unprecedented before those opening days of the war. I wouldn't be surprised if most people hadn't even imagined doing such a thing as a war measure. It's the kind of thing that would only seem obvious in hindsight.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Arbiter GUNDAM

Or if you're the audience, I suppose.

--Freyja Wion
PowerdGNFlag

Isn't there another theory that says that Cima's group were the ones who gassed Shiro's home colony?
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
AmuroNT1

That's not a theory, it was shown in cutscenes made for Gihren's Greed, where we transition from scenes of Shiro reacting to the gassing to Cima freaking out in the cockpit of her Zaku.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
HellCat

I really wish 0083 had communicated Cima's backstory better. Because if you just watch the episodes, Cima comes off as a bitch who betrays her fellows for little more then a chip on her shoulder. It's one of the greatest cases I can think of where a character had a valid and sympathetic motive but the story at face value fails to communicate it.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.