What TV series are you watching? (on TV, DVD, VHS, ect)

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
kayone73

Re: What TV series are you watching? (on TV, DVD, VHS, ect)

I'm actually caught up rewatching ST:TNG all over again, despite its horribly dated special effects, still a fun show to watch for all of Gene Roddenberry's moralistic posturing.

also Top Gear korea started airing, even tho my korean is kind of shaky, still enjoyable and better production than the USA version, bleah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULYelWnXxHo
SNT1

reeoyuy wrote:
SNT1 wrote:and bragging about a laptop that has 12MB ram and 500MB hard drive.
Is that from the episode where Chandler said "Anyone wanna play Doom?" after bragging his new laptop?
Yep:

Chandler: "Check out this bad boy, 12MB of ram, 500MB hard drive, built-in spreadsheet capabilities, and a modem that transmits over 28000 bps!"
Phoebe: "Wow. What are you going to use it for?"
Chandler: "Games and stuff"
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
reeoyuy

^It's strange that I remember that scene, but oddly enough I still don't know (or forgot) what Chandler's job really is.
Joshua

I'm in a Riaru Roboto frenzy as research for a game project. I'm about 2/3 the way through VOTOMS (which is structured really well for 80s anime) and will be going back through Patlabor next, I think.
the glyphpress: science fiction games for people who love science and fiction.
Mu La Flaga

Ok so I recently caught the repeat of the 2 parter pilot of Terra Nova.

So the idea is the world in the future is in a Blade Runner like setting, like lots of environmental damage and Earth is not an easy place to live in.
Including really bad air quality ect.

And a family, one of whom is a Doctor and is why, she is choosen for the 10th Pilgrimege.
Basically Hope Plazza has set up a time portal device, which also sends them back in time to a period on Earth 85 million years ago and on a totally different reality of Earth itself.

And from there the series sets off with the whole colony of Terra Nova and the family settling in to their new life.
Including life with Dinosaurs and with a splinter group of colonists known as Sixers.

I don't have much more to say, I will say I am interested to see where it goes.
Mu La Flaga

Hate to make a double post in the thread but.
Caught epsidoe 2 of Terra Nova.

This one pretty much had the plot of dealing with a bunch of Terrorsaur Dinosaurs bugging/attacking the Terra Nova settlement for a simple reason.
It used to be their nesting ground where Terra Nova was buiit.

So Commander Taylor and Jim eventually figure a way to lure them away from Terra Nova, by using a machine which reproduces their pheromones.
They get them to follow and settle down in a new area as their new nesting ground from now on and the problem is resolved.

Also next Sunday season 4 of Merlin starts.
I think 10 got a deal done withth BBC or something to fast track Merlin episodes over here.
Mu La Flaga

Watched episode 1 of Season 4 of Merlin and ended it up being a 2 parter.

Camelot life goes on 1 year after the end of season 3, Morgause who is dying slowly.
She willingly uses her life as a blood sacrifice to open a tear in the realm of death and allows that kind of power to come through.

So basically you have ghosts who drain the near life out of victims when they touch you and yet can be kept at bay by fire.

Also apart from all that, got Uther still VERY down after season 3's finale.
His brother is around though to helo Arthur with things and also is an informant for Morgana.

So the end of the episode ends up with Merlin getting attacked by one of the ghosts and risks his life for alot of things.
Namely to keep Arthur's life safe.

Also I didn't watch Terra Nova episode 3, I watched the start of it and kind of figured where the story with this virus would go and skipped it, might read the scription later though.

That is all I've been watching as of lately.
kayone73

Finally finished Breaking Bad season 1, partway thru season 2
Mad Men season 1 almost finished
Rewatching later season eps of Stargate SG-1
Rewatching series 16 of Top Gear UK

anime
Watching slowly eps of Heroic Age (not terribly interesting so far)
Transformers Masterforce
Transformers Headmasters
Kenji

My recent shows have been...

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 2. I've been waiting for this one for... well... ever since Season 1 finished. I dropped Doctor Who in disgust with "Let's Kill Hitler," so I don't feel inclined to assume a show will stay good just because it's been good. Oh, Pony, please don't suck...!

Torchwood: Miracle Day. I was never a fan of Torchwood. "Cyberwoman," from Series 1, completely turned me off to the show. It was just too stupid. However, since Series 4 was due to show up on TV, on a channel I could actually watch, I decided to give it a chance. I'm glad I did: It's a tight, focused, interesting show. Considering how low Who has sunk under Moffat, I'm pleased that Torchwood is picking up the slack. However, the idea that Torchwood is currently better than Who disturbs me... :?

Boss. I hadn't been looking forward to this, but I'd seen some of the ads and gradually got more and more interested, partly for the subject matter and partly because it's Kelsey Grammer in a serious role. The first episode aired tonight, and it hasn't disappointed. I'll be watching this one. :)
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
Zeonic Glory

I've been working on the first season of Boardwalk Empire. While there's been some liberties taken with details, it still feels quite period to me and watching the different factions play out in a largely criminal power struggle is quite entertaining.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
Mu La Flaga

Watched episode 2 of Season 4 of Merlin.
So the rift is sealed up eventually when Merlin recovers from near death, thanks to some help.
Morgana is out to find out who Emeris is.
She also still wants to kill off Gwen she gets the chance.

So how was the rift sealed a character sacrificed himself, not Arthur or Merlin though.
It was
Spoiler
Lancelot
So not sure if he is dead or not for sure.

Also watched Terra Nova episode 4.
So a young girl seeks refuge in Terra Nova after leaving the Sixers camp.
She adjusts to her new life, but eventually she is found out to be a double agent.
Her hand was forced by Mirra by motivating her with harming her brother.
Eventually after some things are resolved Jim negotiates to let them both go to Terra Nova as Leah was genuine in wanting to leave though.
Especially after experiencing a more comfortable life in Terra Nova.
All Mirra does is let Jim go with a warning about Commander Taylor.
eanetdude

Just watched the first episode of the new X-Men anime. Impressive.

Shows I watch on a regular basis:
The Daily Show
South Park
Real Time with Bill Maher
all the MSNBC primetime shows (Hardball, Ed, Maddow, Last Word).
kayone73

Good lord I'm blazing thru season 3 of Breaking Bad, i'll be really annoyed once i run out of netflix streaming eps.

Time to start downloading season 4 early...
Antares

The Walking Dead S2. :)
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Mu La Flaga

Episode 3 of season 4 of Merlin.
So Uther gets severly wounded by an assassin trying to protect Arthur.
He succeeded however Uther's injuries couldn't be healed by normal means and when they turned to magic Merlin used his old man magical disguise, made a fair deal with Arthur if he became King, Arthur agreed to it.
However due to Morgana's influence on events, Uther ends up dying and the plan partly backfires since now Arthur holds a deep resentment towards magic users.

All may not be lost though, as Arthur is now crowned King of Camelot seeing as how Uther has died, Camelot can move forward on it's own without Uther ruling it.
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Robertthecrimson

Antares wrote:The Walking Dead S2. :)
Same here. I was suprised by ep. 3.
Mu La Flaga

Episode 4 of Season 4 of Merlin.
This episode a traveller comes to Camelot, his name is Borden he was once under Gaius'es tutelage and proved himself to be untrustworthy.

He has come to Camelot for part of a key mechanism to a sacred tomb which contains the last Dragon Egg known to exsist.
Kilgarah the Great Dragon begs Merlin as a Dragonlord to find it and retrieve it for him.

And so after Borden ended up betraying Merlin and proving to be treacherous.
Arthur decided he wanted to seek out the egg to wipe out the Dragon and keep the realm safe from such creatures potentially.

In the end Borden finds out himself from Merlin, not to mess with a Dragonlord and ends up also dying in the tomb when it collapses, Merlin leaves him to die.
As Borden revealed he wanted to use the dragon for evil purposes and to conquer kingdoms.

So in the end Merlin brings the egg back and as a Dragonlord hatches it in front of the great dragon.

The Great Dragon predicts this white young dragon has great potential.

Also episode 5 of Terra Nova.
Going to quote the episode description to save me some time before going off to sleep :P
Wikipedia wrote:Jim and Taylor investigate the colony's first murder, though Jim soon doubts the convicted killer's confession. Josh starts working at Tom's bar, but Tom is now demanding an even higher price to help Josh. Later, Josh and Skye secretly meet with Mira to discuss bringing Kara to Terra Nova. Elisabeth and Zoe try to help an unborn Ankylosaurus survive.
kayone73

Started wqtchin Terra Nova and 4 eps in, I won't comment much until the season ends but I will say so far: it has room for improvement but also has a LOT of cool potential in the hands of clever writers. We'll see.

Also did a marathon viewing of Torchwood: Miracle Day and overall was riveted enough TP finish the whole thing. Love that Gwen Cooper has become the shows resident ass-kicker, she's evolved a lot since season 1. The Americam cast is ok. Ending was kinda ehh...
Legacy Billiards

On TV there are many series going on and most of them i have watched. My friend suggest me to watch the series of "Prison-Break". But this series is not available on TV, so i bought DVD of Prison-Break. I have been watching this series from last 3-4 days and i have completed 1 season and i must say its an awesome series.
Mu La Flaga

Episode 6, season 4 of Merlin.

So this episode started with a raid by a neighbouring king and a small band of his men.
This resulted in him being captured and eventually killed by Arthur in cold blood for not submitting to his terms of surrender.

This leads to retaliation from the Queen finding out the death of her husband and also in part mannipulated by Morgana, whilst Agravine having also mannipulated Arthur to an extent from the other side of things.
Including also trying to distance Arthur and Gwen further apart, citing his appearance to his people as the King and ruler of Camelot.

In the end later Arthur offers an apology to Queen Annis and also a compromise to stave off a potential full blown war, they agree to settle it 1 on 1 with champions picked for the armies sides, in the end Arthur agrees and Annis also comes to understand Arthur somewhat better.
Annis also comments on Morgana now more then ever resembling her later father Uther in some ways in terms of personnality.

Episode 6 of Terra Nova.
A meteor comes in and impacts near Terra Nova, as it passed overhead and exploded it causes an EMP knocking out all electronics and the impact in the forest also causing a sonic shockwave further rattling Terra Nova.

So the remmainder of this episode deals with fixing the damage, fending off the sixers, dealing with an operation under different means and Jim and Zoe trying to get out off the holographic room they were stuck in.

And on a side note, Mira obtained the box, but the box ends up for Lucas and it seems to be for something he has in mind for it in future.
Curious to see where that goes.