63%
CE: Strike Wing
25%
CE: Crossing Swords
13%

Total votes: 8
Jaynz

Which Fanfic Shall Jaynz Do?

I've been getting the itch to get back into fan-fiction for awhile, but I'm somewhat torn by three different 'challenges' I've received. So, I'm going to leave it to a vote to see which fic series I'll tackle first.

Double Impulse
Cosmic Era: Two years after the second armistice, extremists within the PLANTS break away to form their own government. The dominance for space will be fought out between the Clyne faction and Neo-Zala. A group of young pilots are pushed by the Alliance to back the Clyne faction, lest the battles once again affect the Earth.

Strike Wing
Cosmic Era: Heero Yuy and his comrades launch a crusade to hunt down remaining members of Blue Cosmos. ZAFT declares them renegades, but their retaliatory strikes once again puts Coordinators and Naturals on the brink of war. (Yes, somewhat a crossover fic...)

Crossing Swords
Cosmic Era: The strained Earth Alliance is looking at two possible prototypes for their new series of mobile suits. The Impulse MK II and the Strike MK II. These powerful suits prove to be targets for renegades both from the PLANTS and the Alliance.
Dark Duel

Re: Which Fanfic Shall Jaynz Do?

Definitely not he second one...Crossover-ish fics tend to irritate me to no end because they are very rarely done well, and ripping names from other works to me smacks of lack of creativity.
I have a severe problem with the entire premise of the third one because it seems so completely implausible that the Alliance would want to have anything to do with a ZAFT design - particularly the Impulse, which is only a marginal improvement over the Strike to begin with. The premise other than that is interesting, though I would suggest making it a competition between Alliance designs - the Duel, for instance.

The first one could be potentially the most interesting of the three, so I would recommend that.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Antares

I have to go with Dark Duel here; third has promise but instead of the Impulse use something else. Also, you can start it off as Atlantic Federation and Eurasia cold war in the background, where PLANT (unwisely or unknowingly) meddles.
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Jaynz

Antares wrote:I have to go with Dark Duel here; third has promise but instead of the Impulse use something else. Also, you can start it off as Atlantic Federation and Eurasia cold war in the background, where PLANT (unwisely or unknowingly) meddles.
Admittedly, I shouldn't try to color the poll with explanations beyond the blurb, but the actually is a reason for the Impulse MK II's inclusion. I'll leave it at that, since I'll get to that fic someday, even if it doesn't win. :)
Strike Zero

So the second one is basically Heero Yuy killing a bunch of Natural extremist bastards?

How is this even a contest? :P
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Arbiter GUNDAM

I say go with the first one. The second one doesn't make much sense and I have a feeling the third idea would end up being too much like Macross Plus.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Jaynz

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I say go with the first one. The second one doesn't make much sense and I have a feeling the third idea would end up being too much like Macross Plus.
Man, I have got to do better with these blurbs, don't I? The second one is basically "What if Gundam Wing was set in the CE universe?" and the last is an inversion/subversion of Stardust Memory.
Jaynz

Okay, the poll's over with... damn that's depressing for votes. Oh well.

Double Impulse will start Monday as part of my '1000 words a day writing challenge'. It will be broken up into 39 'phases' which will roughly be analogous to a chapter of a novel. These won't be heavily edited at first... just an excuse to get me back into the habit of writing daily.