Avengers film 2012

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
kayone73

Avengers film 2012

I'm surprised it hasn't been started yet, but i'll kick it off with the same official HD trailer everyone has seen on youtube already

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zatgnqdIefs
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

Re: Avengers film 2012

Only in the Marvel Universe can a supersoldier like Steve get pwned by a pampered punk like Tony.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Dark Duel

I personally find the Iron Man/Cap dynamic we see in the trailer here highly entertaining, so I'm really looking forward to that. I'm also looking forward to seeing more Black Widow, though I'm not yet 100% sure I like the new haircut.
The only other thing that has me curious is the new guy playing the Hulk/Bruce Banner. Ed Norton was so brilliant in the role when he did it, I have my doubts as to whether this guy can measure up, but I'm open-minded enough not to judge just yet based on a few seconds' worth of footage in a trailer.
Samuel L. Jackson is pretty much the same as always - badass. More of him cannot be a bad thing.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
kayone73

Dark Duel wrote:I personally find the Iron Man/Cap dynamic we see in the trailer here highly entertaining, so I'm really looking forward to that. I'm also looking forward to seeing more Black Widow, though I'm not yet 100% sure I like the new haircut.
The only other thing that has me curious is the new guy playing the Hulk/Bruce Banner. Ed Norton was so brilliant in the role when he did it, I have my doubts as to whether this guy can measure up, but I'm open-minded enough not to judge just yet based on a few seconds' worth of footage in a trailer.
Samuel L. Jackson is pretty much the same as always - badass. More of him cannot be a bad thing.
I don't think theres a soul out there who doesn't think Ed Norton shouldn't reprise his role as Banner, its just a shame him and the producers at Marvel refuse to work with each other any more. Apparently Norton was a real PITA to work with and he burned quite a few bridges with the Marvel production staff...or their execs.

Fortunately Mark Ruffalo is a very good character actor, I think they did well with him as a 2nd choice.
Raiden

I'd rather see Eric Bana come back instead of casting Ruffalo. He just doesn't look like Banner imo. But we'll see what he can do in 7 months.

I really wonder whats gonna happen after the Avengers though. Hopefully Marvel doesn't lose its momentum after its done. And at least there could be potential for sequels in the future.
kayone73

Raiden wrote:I'd rather see Eric Bana come back instead of casting Ruffalo. He just doesn't look like Banner imo. But we'll see what he can do in 7 months.

I really wonder whats gonna happen after the Avengers though. Hopefully Marvel doesn't lose its momentum after its done. And at least there could be potential for sequels in the future.
After the Avengers film Marvel should really slow the production speed down, give the various franchises a breather, otherwise the movie going audience is really going to burn out and get sick of comic book films.

Hollywood, if nothing is great at ruining a genre by overdoing it, cramming a lot of mediocre copycat products down our throats just to cash in on the first quality successes, driving us away from that genre until the next cycle comes about.
Sleepneeded127

kayone73 wrote:
After the Avengers film Marvel should really slow the production speed down, give the various franchises a breather, otherwise the movie going audience is really going to burn out and get sick of comic book films.

Hollywood, if nothing is great at ruining a genre by overdoing it, cramming a lot of mediocre copycat products down our throats just to cash in on the first quality successes, driving us away from that genre until the next cycle comes about.
Marvel seems to going ahead at full speed with Ironman 3 and Thor 2 plus other characters getting movies
Listen, not a year goes by, not a year, that I don't hear about some escalator accident involving some bastard kid which could have easily been avoided had some parent - I don't care which one - but some parent conditioned him to fear and respect that escalator.
SNT1

Tony Stark's going to steal the show.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

Doesn't he always?
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Robertthecrimson

They been making some good movies lately I just hope they don't drop the ball on this one. I've got high hopes for it.
kayone73

I'm purposely forcing my expectations low, so I don't make them impossible to meet and then get dissapointed.
hitokirigarou

I'm wondering whether Black Widow and Hawkeye will get a little back-story in the film.

MCU Black Widow seems to be a combination of both the Earth-616 and Ultimate versions. So far, she hasn't given any indication that she's far older than she looks like her original version or displayed any of the enhanced physical abilities that the Ultimate version has.

It's very obvious that MCU Hawkeye is based on the Ultimate version where he's a SHIELD black ops agent with a criminal background. It's recently revealed that he went through the super-soldier program which granted him enhanced vision contributing to his ability to use any projectile-based or thrown weapon with uncanny accuracy.

Rumored plot points in the movie:
- Loki steals cosmic cube from SHIELD
- Loki trades cosmic cube with Thanos for an alien army
- Loki has a change of heart and betrays Thanos
- Alien army vs Avengers and Loki
- Avengers disband after defeating the aliens
- Thor and Loki reconcile and return to Asgard
- Thanos still has the cosmic cube and prepares to use it to steal the Infinity Gauntlet
Chavelo

I personally think that Chris Evans does not have a strong enough screen presence and how he delivers dialogue to match Downey's. He just feels so...young and almost sounds naive. : /
Dark Duel

I think that's precisely the impression they were going for; At least, that's how Cap came across to me when I watched the movie.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
SNT1

Just in case anyone hasn't seen their second 2:30 trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIR8Ar-Z4hw

-We see more Hulkness than in the 1st 2:30 trailer and the Superbowl teaser.
-Still, Iron Man still has the best scenes in the trailer. Then again we're likely biased because I am posting this post in a robot fansite.
-I wonder what Black Widow and Hawkeye can really bring to the table, now that we see more of the bad guys?
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
zabimustdie

I am actually trying to boycott seeing films in the theaters because of the MPAA, but man I've been waiting for the Avengers for quite awhile. I'll break that silly boycott for this and The RZAs Man With the Iron Fists. I wonder if they will ever wander into the Spiderman days of the Avengers.

Can't wait!
"Where there is no death, there is life." - Ghost in Chronopolis, Chrono Cross
hitokirigarou

Rumors for the first part of the film:

- Loki has mind-control powers courtesy of the the Mind Gem embedded in his staff.
- Loki turns Selvig and Hawkeye to his side.
- Loki, for reasons of his own, surrenders to SHIELD. This leads to Thor attacking Captain America and Iron Man.
- Thor wants to bring Loki back to Asgard. SHIELD wants to detain Loki to discern the whereabouts of the Tesseract.
- Thor's lightning surprisingly supercharges Iron Man's armor.
- Mjolnir can't shatter Captain America's shield.
- Loki is imprisoned in a cell originally made for the Hulk.
SNT1

Saw this a few hours ago.

Easily the best Marvel film of all time. Probably the most 'fun' comic book movie of all time.

I already spoiled myself the plot to hype it up (yeah, I'm the guy that reads the last chapter of a book to see what happens) but the execution here is just great. I thought a 'team' ranging from a god to supersoldiers to highly trained but otherwise human superspies may lead to balance issues, but Whedon has done an amazing job of balancing all the members' screentime and awesometime.

My only hope is that all of these actors come back for Avengers 2 (hinted, and things just may go full cosmic)
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Mu La Flaga

I saw this movie a week ago.
It is awesome and I will not spoil anything for this movie, since not everyone here has seen it yet.

Curious to hear more opinions on it from other people.
Outlaw

Just got back from seeing this, very fun indeed. Great job at balancing the cast without making the film feel over stuffed.
Spoiler
Oh, and Hulk vs Loki; 'nuff said.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."