Ep. 088 - Face the Gundamnation!

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Ep. 088 - Face the Gundamnation!

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Ep. 088 - "Face the Gundamnation!"
- Download Now!: 64 kbps - 180 min., 7 sec. (3:00:07) - 82.5 MB - NSFW!!! (Explicit Language)

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. PETCO (Commercial)
Runtime: 0:00:00 - 0:00:43

02. Intro: "Welcome to Gundamn! @ MAHQ's 3rd Call-in Show!"
Runtime: 0:00:43 - 0:03:04 (Duration: 0:02:21)

03. Call Session #1: "Arbiter GUNDAM - Abhinay Rao - TheMechaMessiah"
Runtime: 0:03:04 - 0:19:10 (Duration: 0:16:06)

04. Call Session #2: "HisuiRT - Snoops619 - Mr Bushido"
Runtime: 0:19:10 - 0:44:48 (Duration: 0:25:38)

05. Call Session #3: "Andrew Kenlon - Dollow Rlance - Crestborne"
Runtime: 0:44:48 - 1:12:07 (Duration: 0:27:19)

06. Call Session #4: "Saber - Prince_of_Zeon - FordR - ZeonicFreak"
Runtime: 1:12:07 - 1:28:19 (Duration: 0:16:12)

07. Champs Sports (Commercial)
Runtime: 1:28:19 - 1:29:31 (Duration: 0:01:12)

08. Method to Madness (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:29:31 - 1:30:15 (Duration: 0:00:44)

09. Call Session #5: "VentZX - TheSuspiciousRedLamp - NastyNate - Doctor"
Runtime: 1:30:15 - 1:54:47 (Duration: 0:24:32)

10. Call Session #6: "Demon Lord of L5 - eanetdude - Gundam Type-0 - Sean McGrath"
Runtime: 1:54:47 - 2:08:17 (Duration: 0:13:30)

11. Call Session #7: "The Gatekeeper - The Fowl Sorcerous - TheGoose - Destiny_Gundam - Berserker 8 - TheBlackComet1224"
Runtime: 2:08:17 - 2:44:31 (Duration: 0:36:14)

12. Be a Part of "Gundam: Rise From the Ashes"! (Special Manga Project by Eric Keith & Mike Fonteccio)
Runtime: 2:44:31 - 2:47:04 (Duration: 0:02:33)

13. Anime Addicts Anonymous (Podcast)
Runtime: 2:47:04 - 2:47:42 (Duration: 0:00:38)

14. Outro: "Closing - Peep the Websites! - SD Gundam Online Beta Codes - Thanks"
Runtime: 2:47:42 - 3:00:07 (Duration: 0:12:25)

Not since 2009, has Gundamn hosted a Call-in Show (Ep. 028), but to commemorate the 4th Anniversary of the podcast, we dust off the ol' switchboard and answer live questions from our listeners! Many thanks to all who participated, not to mention all our listeners who have supported us and have been with us throughout the years!

Peep these Links also!
- TomoCast: Episode 032 - Macross (featuring Chris Guanche!)
- IkariCast: Season 3 - Episode 22 (#100!!!) (featuring Soul Bro Ryu!)
- Chaos Theater: Episode 016 - Heavy Rain (Mechatalk Thread)
- Chaos Theater: Episode 015 - Redline (Mechatalk Thread)
- Laplace's Box: Episode 003 - Kamen Rider Fourze (Mechatalk Thread)
- Shinjuku Fight Club: Episode 002 - Fighting Freaks! (FightersReady.net Thread)

Want to have your Gundamn-centric works featured in the next episode? Then, send in your creative entries for the next "Gundamnation Spotlight" to [email protected]!

Many thanks for listening & enjoy!
Soul Bro Ryu
[email protected]

Music & Drops Featured in this Episode
- Coming soon!

Peep the Websites!:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Gundamn! @ MechaTalk Forum - Previous Episodes - Chaos Theater - Chaos Theater @ Mechatalk Forum - Laplace's Box - Level Nine - @MAHQDotNet - @GundamnAtMAHQ - Digg - MySpace - FaceBook Profile - FaceBook Group - Spill - Mevio - iTunes - Main RSS Feed - Shinjuku Station Fight Tube! - Shinjuku Station At The Movies - AAA Podcast Network

Sponsors & Special Offers:
PETCO - Champs Sports

Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://www.podshow.com/feeds/gundamntheshow.xml

[email protected]
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
Mr Bushido

Re: Ep. 088 - Face the Gundamnation!

Awesome! You even included segment times.

Man I think I talked too much... doesn't look good. :?
501st Legion - Northern California Golden Gate Garrison
TK-3942 aka TK-EXIA
So the Geara Zulu has an Stg-44 and the Jesta has a Scar-H w/ holographic scope.
eanetdude

Director for Star Wars prequels/sequels: Kenneth Branagh. (Hamlet, Thor) He's a man who knows how to oversee the writing of an epic script and works great with actors, and with Thor he's proved to handle special effect work.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Thanks for the shoutout at the end of the episode Soulbro! But I guess you might not be doing much Con stuff any more since Neo is now out in California?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Destiny_Gundam

Geeze, I had no idea you hated on me so much in an earlier segment :(

And I thought my self esteem couldn't get any lower T_T
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Chris
Administrator

It's hatred out of love, Peter. :)
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Destiny_Gundam

Isn't that inherently contradictory?
Hyakushiki

I have to disagree on Initial D not working well in manga form. Coming into the series from reading the manga first, the art captures the drama and tension in the moment of a race very well in some ways better than the anime version did though I blame that on the poor CGI used to animate the races but to each his own.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
Arbiter GUNDAM

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Isn't that inherently contradictory?
We could always do a roast of Gundamn! by the fans, for the fans.
Last edited by Arbiter GUNDAM on Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Destiny_Gundam

Nah, they'd enjoy publically humiliating me too much.

I felt this after recording but now that I've listened to all the segments it stands out even more. In our last segment there was a lot more talking out of turn and background noises from the callers (I'm guilty of it myself). I think you should set a rule next time that callers should turn off their mics or something when it's not their turn to reduce that.
VentZX

Man, thank you for the shout out to Anivision, Soul Bro. Haha, I didn't even mention it myself, and after listening to everyone plugging their stuff, I thought "Well, I missed a chance there," but you took care of it for me. You live up to the Bro in your name.

A great listen, and I can only imagine how tired you guys were after that lengthy recording session. Seriously, it's been a fun four years, and I hope to hear more in the future for a long time to come.
kayone73

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Nah, they'd enjoy publically humiliating me too much.

I felt this after recording but now that I've listened to all the segments it stands out even more. In our last segment there was a lot more talking out of turn and background noises from the callers (I'm guilty of it myself). I think you should set a rule next time that callers should turn off their mics or something when it's not their turn to reduce that.
That maybe true, but I actually found the banter from some members of the caller groups fun to listen to, this was almost like a regular podcast segment guest starring about 30 members of mecha talk rather than a straight Larry King style call-in show. I felt very few ppl were obnoxious or disrupted the pace of the show when they chimed in and spoke out of turn, but that's just my opinion.
Destiny_Gundam

Still, at some point there was what sounded like a bird in the background and one part where some one was typing on their keyboard. My dad poked his head into my room during the recording too, but I turned my mic off.
VentZX

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Still, at some point there was what sounded like a bird in the background and one part where some one was typing on their keyboard. My dad poked his head into my room during the recording too, but I turned my mic off.
I can tell you, as someone that's done over a hundred podcast episodes over two years, that these things come with experience, and a lot the people on the show had never even used Skype before. I always mute my mic when I'm not talking, out of habit, to avoid background noise. Anyway, it just can't be helped when you have so many people. It's a logistical nightmare. I once hosted a show where we had 8 people on, much like that final segment of this episode, and it's pretty nuts.
Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Chris wrote:It's hatred out of love, Peter. :)
Isn't that inherently contradictory?
No. It's not contradictory at all. Real friends can say they genuinely dislike each other and their tastes, but still be friends despite it. The only people you ever get into fights or arguments with are friends and family, because otherwise, you're just yelling at a stranger. If the Gundamn crew actually hated you, they wouldn't waste their time talking about you.
Soul Bro Ryu

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Still, at some point there was what sounded like a bird in the background and one part where some one was typing on their keyboard. My dad poked his head into my room during the recording too, but I turned my mic off.
That's because you're a podcasting pro, sir. The background noise could be distracting at times, but I should have let folks know prior to recording about minimizing that factor. I slept on letting folks know, but there was a lot less than I thought there would be. For many involved, it was their first time on a podcast, so it's okay, I'll take the hit on not briefing them before hand.

Hell, I expected your dad, "Tim 'The Toolman' Laliberte" to be erecting another room like the time we were talking to you and he was fixing stuff. A classic Gundamn moment ^_^
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
NastyNate

Woah now. don't trash talk Gundam Battle Assault. I love the first and second on the ps1. One of the only fighting games I play. And my favorites of all time. The combat was amazingly balanced and it had a huge combo system.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Geeze, I had no idea you hated on me so much in an earlier segment :(

And I thought my self esteem couldn't get any lower T_T
Ha, ha it's not hate, its the fact that I found out your game.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Destiny_Gundam

What game would that be?
Mu La Flaga

Just wanted to drop in to the thread to say happy anniversary and interesting episode for the live call in stuff.

This one had some interisting questions and other things like that.
But it also seemed kind of shorter, despite the total run time :P
FordR

This was fantastic, thanks for hosting another live call in.

Unfortunately I had to keep my mic muted for the most part, but hey, least it wasn't picking up the noise around me when I asked my question.

But either way, there were at least two moments where I had to keep myself from laughing out loud on the bus, not entirely succeeding for one of them. :wink:

If you want some help, I can see what I can do about setting up a live stream for another call in at some point. Though I don't know what the status will be of some of the programs I know that work for streaming in a year will be, but I know a few people at some streaming websites who could help out.
AKA- TheTrueYup